General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #31  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I meet with my current 'supervisor' at 2 today at her house. I'm a freaking nervous wreck... and I still might not get the job.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #32  
Melissa

These past few weeks have been NERVE WRACKING HORRIBLE for me.

Meeting with my current supervisor went well.

Then... I got to thinking about things and decided that while I thought this was a good fit and I was excited about it, I was NOT excited about Interim. I was not going to leave a job I love part-time to take a 1-2 year job as interim only.

Well, I got a call around 7 pm and I got the offer of full time ACTING director. I will do that for one year and either get another year as ACTING or PERMANENT. No "interim" in the title. The hope and plan to keep me on... but, makes sense to offer shorter contracts initially as we all feel each other out.

So... I went from, "I probably won't take it." to, "Wow, that was a great interview and felt right. Maybe I should take it." to, "No... I don't want something short term and then I'm out. I will wait until they are ready to hire someone FOR KEEPS." To then freaking out and realizing, "OMG they want to change the job from interim to acting as they reallllllly liked me."

Seriously... I am in shock... but a good kind of shock. I am about 95% sure I'm taking it, but want to ask someone who used to go there about his thoughts first (he is now a leader of another sister place).

Just wow.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #33  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Berry, wow, that is fantastic news! Please let us know your final decision. I'm glad they seem to be interested in changing their initial plan (which, let's all admit, was a bit silly to begin with). Really hoping this works out for you
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #34  
Melissa

Thank you. it is fantastic news. My husband figured last night that the change in salary will cover the cost of my son's college education - he starts university next month! So... perfect, perfect timing.

Now just to wow them and KEEP the job past the 1 year Acting, but I can't see it not working out.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #35  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

CONGRATS, Melissa! As they say, doors open ... It all sounds good, and I'm sure you will continue to wow them, not start! Feels good to be wanted, doesn't it?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #36  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats, Melissa!

And what a gift to your son to be able to pay for college! Speaking as a person in her 30's still paying back two people's student loans....
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Wow! Congrats!
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #38  
Melissa

Thanks... The "board" of the old place knows and we tell membership of BOTH places (new and old) tomorrow. I disappeared for a few days as we decided to take a last minute trip to NYC as the weather was going to be great!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #39  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Congratulations, Melissa - really happy for you!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #40  
Melissa

And word is out everywhere. Phew.... Everyone is happy for me and for the new organization and sad for losing my family... but we aren't "leaving". Just splitting allegiances.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #41  
Melissa

I know this is really, really, old, but it's also part of the reason I've been away.

This past year has been incredibly busy and with falling flat on my face with my weight and fitness while trying to juggle everything else took basically everything out of me.

So, August 8th I started the new job.
Mid - August we dropped my son off at college for freshman year.
End of August - my autistic 4th grader started back at school.

Fall was "ok". Just the steep learning curve at work with being new, but it was going so well.

Winter hit - my college sons was starting to have a hard time - not really adjusting (and probably has SAD like his mom).

My 4th grade started having HORRIBLE behavioral problems at school and it involved lots of school meetings and such.

Work was great!

Come spring: I got made permanent at work after 7 months (and it's been going GREAT!) My son started to fit in better at school (though it was still rough academically as the first half of the term sucked, so school is still a big question mark), 4th grader finally got what he needed in school and it's going way better.

And now that it's spring, I am getting dusted off with getting back with eating better and moving more.

Hoping as the dust settles and I figure out how to deal with my Seasonal Affect Disorder better that I can relose the weight gain and get back with healthy living.

But I wanted everyone to know it was ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do with switching the job. It's been so great and we've GROWN by almost double in the Sunday School just this year, so I have a lot to feel proud about!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-22-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Glad to hear your job is going so well, and the kids are on track too.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #43  
Warrior Princess

I'm glad all worked out well for you and your kids.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:27 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back Melissa! I hate when someone "disappears" and we don't know why. It's great that you're back and things are going so well for you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote