General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #31  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I like Relax by Lollia. It's a nice spring/summer scent. It says it's a lavender and honey. I don't usually like the smell of lavender, but this works really well. Comes in a great hand creme too.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #32  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I like Youth Dew by Este Lauder. I would try other perfumes and that was always my favorite. It was also the perfume my mother wore, so it does bring up some good memories.

I am assuming they still sell it because it has been popular for a very long time. I had to stop wearing it because my DH absolutely hates all perfume. I really miss wearing perfume but a lot of places in my area (gym, doctor's office, my office, etc.) ask that people not wear any scents. I have even been invited to parties where the hostess requests that no one wear perfume or cologne. I am glad to see that people are still wearing fragrances, as long as they aren't too strong.

Last edited by doingmybest; 05-07-2014 at 09:43 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #33  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Rave! I have a rave! I forgot to mention this before, but a company called Olfactif provides samples each month for a recurring small fee, along with a coupon for a full bottle each month. I have LOVED the fragrances they've been sending and they're ones I'd never get to smell, otherwise.

It is a treat to open each month (beautiful packaging) and there has only been one fragrance so far I haven't loved. You can get it month by month but the year subscription is the cheapest overall.

I just got May's box and it is DIVINE.
http://www.olfactif.com

For trying to find new fragrances a recurring sample club is the way to go.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #34  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Desiderata In many countries, even use of deodorant and scented shampoos would make people feel sick. I've heard for members of the Peace Corps, for example, they suggest they learn to not use products like that.

But I think it's hard to expect people to change their habits when it's a serious minority of people who have issues with perfumes in modern countries (unless you're going to a doctor's office, hospital, or another setting where you know you will be very close to strangers and they can't get up to move away from you, like a symphony for example - that's common courtesy).
Yes - consider countries like the UAE, Morocco, and Dubai have fragrance as part of the fabric of their culture, with oudh and heavy oils being eponymous. There are both sides of the spectrum to consider. The application matters very much.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-07-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Typo
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #35  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Rave! I have a rave! I forgot to mention this before, but a company called Olfactif provides samples each month for a recurring small fee, along with a coupon for a full bottle each month. I have LOVED the fragrances they've been sending and they're ones I'd never get to smell, otherwise.

It is a treat to open each month (beautiful packaging) and there has only been one fragrance so far I haven't loved. You can get it month by month but the year subscription is the cheapest overall.

I just got May's box and it is DIVINE.
http://www.olfactif.com

For trying to find new fragrances a recurring sample club is the way to go.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #36  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
It's not really as simple as not wearing it. Of course it's everyone's personal choice, but I think some people don't realize how much that choice can impact everyone else they cross paths with - even when they think "Oh, I'm not that person, I don't drench myself in it." Wannabeskinny did have a good point that there are those of us out there who find the scents horrid and offensive and are unlikely to come out directly and say "Hey, your grooming choice is actually making me feel seriously unwell." It's just another side of things to consider.
I gave up smoking a few years ago, there's my contribution to not affecting others around me. I'm keeping the perfume. Sorry!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 191/141/122

Height: 4'10.75"

I've actually been using the BCBG Max Azria perfume lately. I'm pretty sure it's discontinued, but it can be found for super cheap on Amazon. I love fruity and citrusy smells too, and this one is right up that alley.
littleflip66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #38  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Patchouli and nag champa :P but I'm not much for scented products nowadays. Even a little can be overpowering in an enclosed environment. There's nothing like enduring a plane or bus ride with someone who is treating an eau de parfum like it's a light body mist.

I used to like perfumes quite a lot - my favorites were Euphoria by CK and Light Blue from D&G.

Last edited by krampus; 05-09-2014 at 09:13 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #39  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

DKNY - Be Delicious - my favorite
Intimately Beckham - kinda floral-y but not too much I think, some vanilla in there too. Give it a whiff!
I also really like Gwen Stefani's Harajuku lovers line

I'm not even sure why the "I get a headache when people wear perfume" conversation is happening here!? How is that useful to the OP? Obviously she wears perfume and wants to continue to do so. This is the internet. You can't smell us here. Take your complaints elsewhere.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #40  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Patchouli and nag champa :P but I'm not much for scented products nowadays. Even a little can be overpowering in an enclosed environment. There's nothing like enduring a plane or bus ride with someone who is treating an eau de parfum like it's a light body mist.

I used to like perfumes quite a lot - my favorites were Euphoria by CK and Light Blue from D&G.
Oh nag champa is one of the best smells ever!!!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #41  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

I love Paris Amour---the perfume and the -body creme
sasyblond401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
I like lighter floral and/or musky scents.

My absolute favorite is Romance by Ralph Lauren, I can't wait to buy the new version midnight romance. I smelled a magazine sample and almost died. Maybe as a treat for finishing this semester

For a cheaper scent I love Faith Hill's Parfumus. I almost always get complements when I wear it. Her True scent is nice too, but I prefer Parfumus.
Did you get a chance to try the new RL Midnight Romance? I have been wearing it all week and love it!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #43  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I love Clinique Happy! I've had mine for a few years, still smells good. I also like one of Ferragamo's, it's an older one but in a beautiful pink and blue bottle. Chanel No. 5 is lovely too. I miss CK One, I don't know if they still make it but I love that beachy sweet light aroma. I also like some Body Shop ones, the Moringa is a light, refreshing mist.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #44  
Warrior Princess

CK One and Happy are great scents, so was Calvin Klein Obsession. Issey Miyaki was similar to One, I wore that for YEARS. I can't wear it anymore it reminds me of an old relationship too much.

It's amazing how scents can be a powerful memory trigger. There's psychology articles written about it.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #45  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

I'm not a regular perfume user. I use them depending on my mood, but here are my faves:
My very very very fave is Yves Rocher - Noix de Coco. Maybe it's because I looove the smell of coconut so much. The orange one isn't bad either.
Paco Rabanne's ULTRAVIOLET. You gotta love it. I'm a lifetime addict!
I also recently fell in love with LA PETITE ROBE NOIR by Guerlain.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote