General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #16  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

The only thing I've ever really gotten at fast food places since I was a kid is chicken and fries. I still think McD's grilled chicken is super tasty (yeah, loaded with sodium, but it's actually CHICKEN and not pureed gross chicken meat like nuggets as far as I can tell) and I still love fries. But I don't crave them as much anymore.

I do, however, crave a Wendy's chocolate frosty now and then. Childhood favorite! But the last time I got one, I ordered a small, they gave me a medium, and I could only finish half of it! Weird.

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-25-2014 at 11:07 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

From 2009 to mid-2013 I was living away from home, and I was eating McDonalds, pizza and other junk several times a week. Ever since I moved back home a few months ago, I've mainly been eating home cooked food, and I've completely lost my taste for McDonalds and heavily fried stuff like KFC as well. I went to McDonalds just yesterday after almost 10 months and it tasted like cardboard to me. I regretted it the moment I put it in my mouth.

I still like pizza and have it a couple of times a month, but unlike earlier when I could scarf down one or two medium pizzas at a time, I can now manage about half a pizza.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I still think McD's grilled chicken is super tasty (yeah, loaded with sodium, but it's actually CHICKEN and not pureed gross chicken meat like nuggets as far as I can tell)
Doubtful. Even if its not chicken byproduct like the nuggets are its most certainly thoroughly processed and injected with solutions containing salt, sugar and preservatives. If you read The End of Overeating by Kessler it goes into unfortunate details about the process of processing foods for chain restaurants.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #19  
Call me NNS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Doubtful. Even if its not chicken byproduct like the nuggets are its most certainly thoroughly processed and injected with solutions containing salt, sugar and preservatives. If you read The End of Overeating by Kessler it goes into unfortunate details about the process of processing foods for chain restaurants.
All I meant is that it's actually a chicken breast (or other part of the chicken) rather than various pieces of chicken that have been mechanically processed and put back together again, which I think tastes disgusting. I'm aware of the preservatives and such.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
All I meant is that it's actually a chicken breast (or other part of the chicken) rather than various pieces of chicken that have been mechanically processed and put back together again, which I think tastes disgusting. I'm aware of the preservatives and such.
I don't make a distinction between one being more acceptable than the other. It's nothing like a real chicken breast IMO. Not saying that I haven't eaten it or that it's not tasty, but it is what it is and I don't like to fool myself into thinking it's a wholesome meal.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #21  
Call me NNS!

Never said it was. This thread is about whether or not we can still eat fast food, and I explained what I like. Sorry if I was unclear in what "it's actually chicken" means. All of it is "actually chicken" with other ingredients in it, obviously, but I was apparently failing to find the words to describe the texture and that it's not ground up chicken pieces.

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-25-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #22  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I eat "fast food" all the time. Mostly from taqueria places and In and Out.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi, sure I can eat fast food... it just happens to be Wendy's 1/2 size Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Salad with Blue cheese crumbles and Pomegranate dressing. Actually fits quite well into my maintenance plan... I eat it at least once a week. Sometimes with extra Blue cheese...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

eating it right this minute!

southwest salad with double grilled chicken. oh man, it's SO GOOD
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #25  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Quote:
Lately fast food has lost its allure for me. I can eat it but since I started practicing IE I don't feel inclined to. Probably because I allow myself to have what I really and truly desire and let's face it, there are much much much much better burgers out there than McDs so when I want a burger I have a real burger. Also, have you ever lost a few fast food fries in your car and then gone to clean out your car a few weeks later and those fries are just sitting there with no mold on them looking just like they did when you bought them? CREEPY!! Shouldn't food be perishable?
Yeees!!! It had been about 6 months later when I cleaned out my car and found a McD's fry one time. It looked like it had been just fried. I just cannot put that stuff in my body anymore (or my kids).
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #26  

I know, I'm not trying to be a snob about it, I have eaten it and eat it in occasion though not McDonald's much, I always liked the fries darn it. I prefer BK and KFC which is no better at all. Nothing is really real food either way. Fast food has been my go to binge stuff.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #27  

Quote:
I don't make a distinction between one being more acceptable than the other. It's nothing like a real chicken breast IMO. Not saying that I haven't eaten it or that it's not tasty, but it is what it is and I don't like to fool myself into thinking it's a wholesome meal.
I know that you expressed that you are not intending to be a food snob, but sometimes saying things like "I don't like to fool myself" at least in that way can give off an impression that the other person fools themselves.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

The only fast food I can eat is McDonald's breakfast sandwiches. I wish I didn't like them. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I always thought big mac sauce was just thousand island dressing, but here's a copycat
Thanks!!! Now all I need to know is Cinnabon's secret recipe....bwahhahahaha
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I still eat it occasionally. I'm a bit mindful about my choices, I usually just get a kid's meal now. The burger, fries, apples and milk are actually quite filling, if I had really big workout I'll get an apple pie too. Usually after a big run or something.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote