General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #16  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well, I've been big (213) and I've been small (129) and I LOVED being small. I loved being thin and looking good in clothes and just the way it FELT. I used to run and sometimes I felt as if I could just run around the whole world. Call me shallow and vain, but I LIKED it when women looked at me enviously, and men looked at me lustfully.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that my boobs went down, but I dislike being bigger a whole lot more.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #17  
Warrior Princess

Vanity...I want to be healthy too but mainly vanity. I don't care what other people see but I didn't like what I saw in the mirror anymore and that was enough for me to get up and do something. Plus being almost 40 really put the fire under my @ss.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
Well, I've been big (213) and I've been small (129) and I LOVED being small. I loved being thin and looking good in clothes and just the way it FELT. I used to run and sometimes I felt as if I could just run around the whole world. Call me shallow and vain, but I LIKED it when women looked at me enviously, and men looked at me lustfully.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that my boobs went down, but I dislike being bigger a whole lot more.
Your post rung true for me as well. I also use to run and I do want to be able to go out and run like I did. After my runs I felt very powerful...that maybe sounds weird lol, but I felt like I could take on anything!

My boobs got much smaller too when I was at my low weight (see siggy..for low weight, not boob size lol) but it was worth being thin and toned. And running definitely toned and lifted from the waist down. I actually had a friend (X friend now finally) who was very big say to me "you have no boobs" (and I was a B cup. But she was like a ZZZ) and I snapped back "well I'd rather have small boobs to go with by new cute tight little body, than have my bigger boobs back along with my fat out of shape body...beside I can get implants if it bothers me that much." Needless to say these types of comments were not uncommon from her and we parted ways about 8 months ago.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 01-02-2014 at 06:43 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I want to be healthier and get running again! My family is active, I want to keep up!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #20  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I really like this post, thank you Glamour Girl

I guess I refuse to give up! I like to think that I can beat the odds and this is one area where I want to prove to myself that I can lose this weight. I have a lot of health issues that would be vastly improved by my losing weight, I know I can do this but I think that there is fear of success with weight loss. I talk about it in therapy sometimes, it is a bit overwhelming trying to get healthier.

This is a very motivating and uplifting post, thank you!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #21  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

It changes as it's been awhile since I started. First it was the biggest loser contest I was in. That was so successful that I vowed to be under 200 for a Disney trip, which was also successful. Now I'd like to really like to get down as I started fencing again and the extra weight is killing my knees on lunges.

All in all though, for me, the biggest motivator is success itself. Nothing makes me want to keep going like seeing the scale go down.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #22  

The thought that I could waste another 10+ years hiding away, eating. All those lightbulb moments passed me by until I lost 50lbs a couple of years ago, and then I wished I'd started losing weight earlier!
Fat Knickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #23  

Because I am in my 20s with relatively elastic skin, so I have the potential to be "conventionally hot lean hourglass." A fit woman at the gym told me I I have the body type to get that dancer's body I confessed that I wanted. Don't wanna miss out on that window of opportunity, even though its fleeting and superficial. =D
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

For me, I've been pretty obese all my life, but until recently it wasn't a problem. For the past couple of years I've started feeling really uncomfortable in my own skin. I feel uncomfortable while standing, sitting, walking, anything. I can't do any activity without feeling winded and going red in the face, and I feel horrible when I see myself in the mirror or in pictures. So a big part of my motivation is that I just want to be comfortable with myself.

The other part is, of course, vanity driven. I just want to know what it feels like to not be the fat one. I daydream sometimes about what life would be like if I could lose this weight, and all the things I could do without it (horse riding, hiking, adventure sports, all of which I love but can't do now). It's that daydreaming that keeps me motivated when I get discouraged.

Last but not least, these forums. When I'm at my most demotivated, I come here and look at the Goals and mini-goals forums and am in awe of the people who have managed to achieve their goals, and it's a huge pick me up, and I remember that they all had their ups and downs as well, but pushed through it and are much happier for it now.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 320/250.4/160

Height: 5'8

I want to lose weight for vanity reasons and to feel less self conscious when meeting new people or seeing people I haven't seen in awhile. But my main motivation to start losing weight was the recent studies showing links between Alzheimer's disease and obesity.
livcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

All vanity. I would love to have one spring where I don't start getting anxious and freaking out because it's time to shed layers. I had one spring like that in my adult life. I need another.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #27  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

looking over my shoulder every day and seeing how far I've come and what I have accomplished - I don't want to screw up all my hard work!

seeing my daughter who is 11 starting to parrot my healthier eating behaviors - I want her to be healthy and develop great eating habits!

hearing my 9 year old son tell me all the time he is proud of me - I want him to know that sometimes goals take a lot of hard work and a long time to reach, but never give up, you can do it, just like I'm doing it!

wanting to show my husband (who leads a healthy life full of exercise) that I will take care of myself, too, so that we can live a long life together.

I would love to look hot in clothes, lol, but at this point, I'd be happy with looking decent

Last edited by TooWicky; 01-07-2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: grammar
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

For me it is also vanity, with a side order of a fear of diabetes, which runs in my family. I've never been skinny, but I have been fit and felt a whole lot better than at my heaviest.

I am turning 40 this year and taking the family to Disney World as my gift. I want to look good in the pictures, so when I look back at them a few years from now I don't cringe at fat rolls and chubby thighs.

Also, I like being able to do better than others. My neighbor took up jogging last fall, and I was smugly proud when I totally lapped her the last time I saw her out and about. That might not be the nicest attitude (and of course I don't say anything to her to diminish her accomplishment), but it honestly does motivate me.

Last edited by BettyBooty; 01-07-2014 at 08:01 AM.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #29  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

For me it's a few different things. I want to have more of a choice with the clothing I buy, I used to really enjoy shopping for clothes and I feel that I can't these days. I like the feeling of being fitter, moving about is a lot easier and I feel lighter on my feet. I have a hormone imbalance and losing weight would help that. I also get pain in my knees and back and I don't want to have to put up with that anymore. There really are so many different things that motivate me.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #30  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

I'm another one with health concerns as my motivation. A few years ago an aunt died after a long-time struggle with diabetes. She never took care of her health and vowed that she would "eat what she wanted to eat." And, it cost her. This aunt is the one person in my family that I most resemble, so I must have similar genes. I can't imagine facing a future like hers. I just don't want my eventual demise to be something that I could've prevented.

And, I've always been heavy -- since 2nd grade. So, every time I turn around I experience something new at this smaller size -- store clerks that don't ignore me, feeling small in my car, clothes fitting well. I can't imagine how I will feel and what I can look forward to when I reach my goal. The anticipation keeps me going!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote