General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Arrrgh! Bad start to the day!

This morning I got up, was getting ready to head to the farmers market, and then I saw it.

My small raised bed garden was disturbed. One stalk of corn lay on it's side next to a pile of dirt. I went out there prepared to either save or discard the corn stalk and there, in the hole dug, were 2 baby buns. After a stunned second I noticed another, and another and...well, 6 in total. Two are wounded. I called my vet, who gave me a rehaber's number. It took over an hour to reach her, but they said put them in a box with a heating pad, and she'll come get them at 1. So I gathered up these teeny tiny buns, and put them in a box with a warm pad. I'm very worried about the 2 hurt ones, especially the one that looks worst.

This is a horrible way to start the day! I didn't even know there was a nest of buns in my garden. I wish what ever got them hadn't known either. Now their poor Mom will come back and find her buns gone. They can't be left there, the animal will come back and the hurt ones need tended to more than Mom can anyway. I'm so sad for these babies. I hope that the 4 healthy ones live, and that the 2 wounded ones recover or die quickly and peacefully. I hate seeing animals suffer.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #2  

For the last 2 years, I have had a mother bunny use my planter on my deck as an incubator. Although, my deck is 8 feet off the ground, she hops up the steps and gives birth in my planter. This year I went to weed my planter and surpsrise. I feel so protective of the bunnies that during storms you can often find me holding an umbrella over their nest while I get drenched. My neighbor says that the mother chooses to have her babies in my planter because I’m a vegetarian and a member of PETA.
Mantuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote