General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Default Missing members...

I really enjoyed reading posts from a couple of members who haven't posted in quite some time: "elvislover324" and "berryblondeboys" (aka Melissa). Does anyone know where they went? I really hope all is ok with them. I would try to send a message via the 3fc site, but for some reason private messages never get through/to me on 3fc.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

While I don't know about berryblonde, I know that elvis decided she needed to take a break from 3FC.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #3  

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I enjoyed Elvis' posts as well.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #4  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Also, I notice that there seems to be an ebb and flow of frequent posters... Some people will be really active and then for whatever reason they just sort of disappear.

I think unfortunately many times the reason for a forum member's absence is due to "falling off the wagon" and weight gain. I don't know how true this is, but it's an observation I've made based on a lot of re-introductions, or long time members who start posting again after years of being MIA. I know this was the case for myself - when I first joined the forum I was pretty enthusiastic about losing weight and posting on the boards, but then after finding out I was pregnant I took a break from 3FC and weight loss all together, then came back after the birth of my son. As an aside, I notice that I'm much more successful with my weight loss efforts the more I log onto and post on 3FC.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #5  

I agree that people that sometimes go inactive usually come back. I joined in 2008 (wow!) lol ...in tha ttime I've have 2 pregnancies (one that's almost done.) I usually disappear for a while during that time too. I'm back in hopes to get revved up for weightloss after baby.

This is just my opinion, but this forum is not what it used to be. I mean I really like it, its very nice, but it was warmer years ago, which might also contribute to some people taking breaks, idk...it used to be hard to walk away from here, now, I kind of enjoy when I go a few days without it...again idk if thats the case with anyone but me.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I want to say that I remember berry talking about a vacation to visit her (her husbands?) family this summer (in croatia?). I don't remember when she was going or for how long, but if she hasnt been posting for a bit it may be it is because she is on vacation. . .

. . . of course with my own comings and goings in the last year I could be remembering a vacation she was discussing LAST YEAR lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #7  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I have lurked on and off a long time here, and it's been so interesting to watch waves of prolific posters come and go over the years. Some people are extremely prolific and dominant, leaving a very big footprint on the site -- and then one day, they vanish. (This happens to every type of poster, but you really feel the absence of prolific posters.)

I have gotten really invested in the efforts of some posters that I barely or never even cross paths with on this board! And really root for them, and then get sad when they disappear. I wonder what happened to rockinrobin or lilybelle or ennay from many years ago. I miss JossFit and LockItUp from earlier this year. I am so happy to see sontaikle posting again - could go on and on with names. I really wish the best for those who stop posting. The "go away = regain, come back = back on the wagon" is sadly true in my own personal experience, but I hope for better for them. Edit to add - I hope to see Elvis and berryblondeboys back one day, and if not, hope they're happy and healthy.

Last edited by Desiderata; 06-20-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I miss rockinrobin so much....
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #9  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I have been wondering about BerryBlondeBoys too!!! Hope she is okay.

As for Elvislover- she is doing just fine and well as I keep in touch with her outside of 3FC.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #10  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
I have lurked on and off a long time here, and it's been so interesting to watch waves of prolific posters come and go over the years. Some people are extremely prolific and dominant, leaving a very big footprint on the site -- and then one day, they vanish. (This happens to every type of poster, but you really feel the absence of prolific posters.)

I have gotten really invested in the efforts of some posters that I barely or never even cross paths with on this board! And really root for them, and then get sad when they disappear. I wonder what happened to rockinrobin or lilybelle or ennay from many years ago. I miss JossFit and LockItUp from earlier this year. I am so happy to see sontaikle posting again - could go on and on with names. I really wish the best for those who stop posting. The "go away = regain, come back = back on the wagon" is sadly true in my own personal experience, but I hope for better for them. Edit to add - I hope to see Elvis and berryblondeboys back one day, and if not, hope they're happy and healthy.
I remember Stephanie (LockItUp) saying she wanted a break from 3FC but dang, that's a long break!!! LOL. I also miss JossFit's posts. Was so happy to see Sontaikle back!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #11  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I think sometimes, because this has happened to me here lately, the people who have reached their goal no longer feel like they really belong here anymore. I still read the posts that catch my interest and I'll put in my two cents every now and then, but most of the time the things people post about here are things that I know nothing about or simply have nothing to add to so I just don't. And of course, life outside of the internet often catches up with us and some people just have a lot of things going on. I know I'll be in the process of a move in the coming weeks so I won't be online as much as I normally am and might be without internet for a bit til we get everything situated. When things like that happen, people definitely won't be on a forum, lol.

But I miss Melissa, too, and I didn't know Sontaikle was back! Where has she been lurking around? I haven't heard from Stephanie (LockItUp) in a while either and hope she's doing well.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

People come and go, definitely. Some times of year are also harder to post with life business and such. And yes, on a weight loss forum if someone goes majorly MIA without an explanation it is often due to regain.

For me, if I'm posting less I'm either really busy with my kids or pregnant. Otherwise I check in daily and have since 2009

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 06-20-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I disappear when pregnant too. It's frustrating to read about weight loss when you are not allowed to lose weight. I also think soemtimes being here would have reminded me pregnant women do not NEED an entire large bag of chips for fetal development........... so maybe I should have stuck around
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I've been annoying people here since 2010 and I have to say it just gets hard to come up with interesting things to say when you're not actively losing or trying to lose - my "journey" is sort of at or near the end and I just do the same thing day in and day out. There are the occasional fitness NSVs or some new exciting food discoveries from time to time, as well as "fat days" and "good days" and "why did I eat THAT MUCH ice cream" days, but it's mostly just "I eat pretty well and have found a successful maintenance routine." I think this is what happened with Joss and LockItUp too - if you REALLY wanna stalk them I'm sure they could be found

Silence I've found either means all is well or all is really not well. And who's to say they aren't lurking?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #15  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Joss posts regularly on MFP. So she's not totally gone from the loop; she's just not loud and proud on here, lol.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote