General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
I disappear when pregnant too. It's frustrating to read about weight loss when you are not allowed to lose weight. I also think soemtimes being here would have reminded me pregnant women do not NEED an entire large bag of chips for fetal development........... so maybe I should have stuck around
I come here for that one reason. I was gone for 3-4 months and my eating was horrible. I came back just to keep myself in check. I'm not looking to lose weight, but I don't need to eat sweets and junk every day either!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #17  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I take breaks sometimes when I find myself getting grouchy about typing up the same advice and comments over and over again. It's not a newcomer's fault when she asks a question I feel I have answered 100 times, and so when I find myself feeling ungracious or snarky about hauling out my same old comments, I know it's time to go away for a while.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
I take breaks sometimes when I find myself getting grouchy about typing up the same advice and comments over and over again. It's not a newcomer's fault when she asks a question I feel I have answered 100 times, and so when I find myself feeling ungracious or snarky about hauling out my same old comments, I know it's time to go away for a while.
I don't post a ton but this is true for me as well!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #19  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Definitely this! Around New Years Resolution time it just helps for me to be scarce. I can't keep humoring people who diet hard for a week, post six times, and drop off the face of the earth. It isn't a wise use of MY time, which is limited anyway, and particularly if I have nothing kind or useful to contribute. Sometimes even when it is useful I delete it, because a fair number of folks aren't ready to hear harder truths about their choices and what it take to stay weight reduced.

It comes and goes for me. Sometimes I'm in a very charitable mood and post a rash, and other times I mostly check in on certain folks and lurk. That's the way of things

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 06-21-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #20  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Aww I didn't know people missed me! I disappeared because I had a lot going on and I wanted to concentrate my efforts on life (I'm single for the first time in years), and I was trying to go in the opposite direction of most people here! I was trying to see if I could gain muscle and strength and it kind of got weird to post in a weight loss forum when I was trying to go the other way.

I miss this place though, so I had to come back. Nobody except for one of my friends gets my quirks in real life. Much easier to come here and talk about this stuff

Last edited by sontaikle; 06-21-2013 at 10:39 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #21  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Some days I am just too busy to post.

They are normally good days!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I miss rockinrobin so much....
Me too!! I think of her and wonder where she disappeared to often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Aww I didn't know people missed me! I disappeared because I had a lot going on and I wanted to concentrate my efforts on life (I'm single for the first time in years), and I was trying to go in the opposite direction of most people here! I was trying to see if I could gain muscle and strength and it kind of got weird to post in a weight loss forum when I was trying to go the other way.

I miss this place though, so I had to come back. Nobody except for one of my friends gets my quirks in real life. Much easier to come here and talk about this stuff
Glad you're back... Sorry to hear about the life stuff. I'm in a similar position and I know it's rough. Hang in there!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #23  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Aww I didn't know people missed me!
Funny, just a couple of weeks ago I got to wondering about you and checked your twitter and blog, and just figured you needed a break from all this for whatever reason. And now you're back!

I've been wondering about BerryBlondeBoys, LockItUp, and ElvisLover as well. I know I'm not nearly posting as much as I had, but I've been lurking about with not a whole lot to say these days with just an occasional post here and there.

I guess I've been sort of torn . . . so happy to finally be pregnant, yet having it happen when I was only 12 pounds away from finally being overweight? I've never been just overweight, I've spent my entire adult life obese and beyond. While I am concentrating on eating healthy and low-impact exercise, I can't exactly focus on losing weight right now. I also feel that if I post a lot right now, it's going to be little more than a lot of whining and complaining when I've really been more blessed than ever.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I go MIA frequently, but never because I fall off the wagon per-say. I just have an insanely crazy busy life. I log in daily and read daily, but unless I have something of importance, I don't always write up a post. The weeks where things are low key I write like mad! Now that summer's here, my time is outside more than inside...and my business is starting to pick up, keeping me busier than I ever intended!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #25  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I've had a lengthy hiatus (Mfp). A lot of the ppl seem
to have been on it and might lurk here once in awhile.
Idk really. Just thought I'd chime in, just lurking about
today.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Since I've hit my goal, I notice that I've been lurking more and posting less. It's a combination of things for me. I find that since I'm not actively losing anymore, for some reason I'm not finding my "niche" here quite so easily anymore. Sometimes I see posts and think to myself "been there, done that" so I don't continue on if I'm in a hurry or if I see many other brilliant responses already written. Something keeps drawing me back here though. I know I don't have maintenance mastered (ha!) and there's still a lot for me to learn here.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #27  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I needed to walk away for a couple of weeks. I think partly because it's summer, people are busier - I know I have been! But I realized not posting was making it a little easier for me to justify going off plan, so I promised myself that even though I have an extremely busy schedule right now that I would at least check in every couple of days.

I've only been here for a few months, but I get the snarky feeling that goes along with some of the repitition.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Personally, I stopped posting because my life situation changed. I moved, and it was only me working so we didn't have the internet or a computer. Now, we do. There are a myriad of reasons, but suffice it to say that when they're ready/can, they'll come back!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #29  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Oh my goodness it sounds like you've been dealing with a lot. Hope you are hanging in there and doing well.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote