General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #16  

Marjorie - is it too late for you to go shopping at Macy's? I just saw this thread.

I just purchased this dress in BOTH lilac and black and can't decide which one to wear to a wedding this weekend. It is AMAZINGLY flattering. I'm a 12 petite so it wasn't available in eggplant which I also love (wore eggplant at my daughter's wedding last year) but I cannot say enough about this dress.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/p...5%26slotId%3D4

They also have a beaded version which is a bit more and only comes in one color, apparently:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/p...%26slotId%3D16

These dresses totally hide the upper arms. I will not wear a sleeveless dress.

You can search the website to see if one is available near you. When I found out the dress came in black (I'd already purchased the lilac) none showed up near me, but I went into the closest Macy's and there was one not too far away. The salesperson offered to ship it expedited and said she could fiddle with it enough to get me a discount so that I basically wouldn't have to pay the shipping, but I chose to drive there.

I love, love, love this dress. I paid full price for both of them and will keep them both. The black will likely get more use than the lilac, but both are soooo slimming.

ETA: I just did a search on the Macy's website and I see it also comes in plus sizes (all three colors).

Last edited by SouthernMaven; 05-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #17  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjorieMargarine View Post
I agree- I have never spent that much on a dress before. I had a little extra cash and I just started a new career, so I was willing to shell out more money thinking I was getting better quality. Nope.
Maybe its the site? I know all-to-well, from personal experience, that the specialty stores that cater to the plus size women and "big and tall men" charge you a PREMIUM for the clothes. I tried to avoid going there unless I absolutely HAD to, because the price of anything was AT LEAST twice the price of a regular store.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote