General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default Any Certified Clinical Nutritionists out there?

I have been wanting to go back to school for a while now, but didn't know what kind of study to get in to (have an associates in science right now). Then it hit me- I am super interested in Nutrition, the bio-chemistry of it and how it applies and everything... and I am thinking that I would like to become a Clinical Nutritionist.

If anyone out there could help me- what is the job outlook like? Where do you work? What do you specialize in? How much could I expect to bring in as far as income goes?

ANY information would really be helpful- I am just now starting to look into this.

PM me some information or answers maybe? Thanks
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I looked into this a couple years ago and I doubt much has changed.

Basically you complete your undergrad and then you can become a registered dietition after a 12 month course or you can get your masters and then a little more schooling to become a certified nutritionist.

Income varies depending on a variety of factors but the range seems to be 40k - 80k per year with certified nutritionists making the most money. You typcially work in a medical setting - as in working for a medical group or hostpital.

If you really want to go full boat into something that would probably be far more rewarding, albiet difficult to become, is a naturopathic doctor.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #3  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 229/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

I'm not a nutritionist but anytime I've looked into a possible career I've always used the Occupational Outlook Handbook. In my experience it's been pretty accurate overall.
Katie816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

There is a good website that I have used in the past to locate registered dietitians in my area. It provides some decent information, I wonder if it could be of help to you:

http://www.eatright.org

Good luck!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote