General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate View Post
What a jerk! how mean to say that!
As for your boyfriend telling you, im sure he meant it as motivation or whatever and just didnt "filter" his words right! im sure your bf didnt tell you to be mean or hurtful.
Why are you sure? My immediate thought (and it seems like I'm not alone here) was that he was being an insensitive jerk or drama creator at best and being manipulative or trying to undermine her self confidence at worst. Shady. The proper course of action would have been to tell his friend to STFU and MYOB, then never speak of it again. The fact that BF's friend felt comfortable enough to say that stuff about her to her BF raises red flags too. Just sayin'.

Go on OP, do your thing and don't let him get to you. The friend just projecting his insecurities on to you. Pathetic people like that should inspire pity, not anger.

Last edited by Clumsy; 04-10-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #17  

My first reaction when I read this was, "who cares what he thinks?" It actually seems like he is projecting HIS failure on to you. Don't worry about his opinion. He can shove it!
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #18  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
Am I silly for being mad? Maybe I deserve comments like those.. not for long though!! I'll show 'em !!!!
Nope. He's a dickwad and that's that. It's a shame that he's taking his weight frustrations out on you though just to drag you to his level. He should be taking responsibility for his own actions. Let your weight loss do the talking and hold your head up high knowing that you will show him a thing or two!

Ignore this guy. You know that what you are doing is going to work and your boyfriend believes in you

In regards to the comments made about your relationship with your bf, I say this with full respect of the advice given so far, but be careful when it comes to listening to other people. You know your relationship better than anyone else does! Recently, my Mum went through a huge drama where she was listening to what everyone else was saying about what she should do with her (sort of) bf and it only made things worse. Mum didn't actually give out the true story, as it seems. It turns out that the advice she was being given was 90% incorrect to what was happening. I only say this because I don't want you to doubt your relationship because others see red alerts when it's only from a segment of your relationship and out of context

Last edited by Rhiko; 04-10-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Count me in the "Why did your BF tell you?" group.

My husband would NEVER tell me if someone said something that awful about me, he'd probably come home and be sweeter than usual knowing him. But my husband doesn't have friends like those because he wouldn't stand for it, any "friend" that said something like that would have been punched. Not exactly mature but that's how it would be.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
Count me in the "Why did your BF tell you?" group.

My husband would NEVER tell me if someone said something that awful about me, he'd probably come home and be sweeter than usual knowing him. But my husband doesn't have friends like those because he wouldn't stand for it, any "friend" that said something like that would have been punched. Not exactly mature but that's how it would be.
Yes. What kind of friend says that to someone about their wife? I can't imagine a friend of mine saying something so negative about my husband, it would definitely reduce our friendship.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

Wow, that just touched a nerve with me. The guy I dated in college told me when his fraternity made a joke about me, something about "Porky's Revenge." I was too stupid to blame my boyfriend at the time. I don't know if he stood up for me, but regardless, I didn't need to know that I was so openly mocked. I was already self-conscious enough. I think he wanted me to know what kinds of sacrifices he was making by dating me. Even his roommate (a nice guy from the fraternity) was shocked that my boyfriend told me.

Obviously that relationship didn't last but I still (almost 20 years later) feel a little jolt when I think about that and how I didn't realize right then what an a$$ that guy was.

Last edited by Amy8888; 04-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote