General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default What Are You Reading April 2013?

New month everyone! And Happy April. Please share with us all what you are reading.

I am finally getting back into the Plum series and am on number 7.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm also reading a "Plum" novel. Finger Lickin' 15. I like them because they don't take much thought. I can read a page or a chapter and pick it right back up. And........they are funny.

Last edited by TheWanderer; 04-01-2013 at 03:53 PM.
TheWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #3  
Woo
Slowly Shrinking..

S/C/G: 111/105/70

Height: 158cm

I read anything and everything on my kindle So obsessed with it and free books!
Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

I'm currently reading Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent trilogy. I'm almost done, I'm not sure what I'll read next.
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm reading Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card. It is the 3rd book in his Shadow series. For those familiar with Ender's Game, the Shadow series follows the lives of other members in Ender's jeesh as they work to bring the world back to order in the time period following the destruction of the formic homeworld.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Lots and lots of books about the fast food and processed food industry and I'm pretty much never eating any of those things again.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #7  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I'm reading Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card. It is the 3rd book in his Shadow series. For those familiar with Ender's Game, the Shadow series follows the lives of other members in Ender's jeesh as they work to bring the world back to order in the time period following the destruction of the formic homeworld.
I love the Ender's Game and Shadow series! I've read all of the Shadow series but only the first two Ender.

I'm currently reading the 4th Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire book, "A Feast For Crows."
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #8  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Reading the Bible bit by bit to have a sort of refresher course, and also finishing up Mockingjay. After that I want to read Girl Gone and a few others on my list!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #9  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

TheSecondHalf: what titles have you read? I read the first third of Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss, but had to give it back to the library. I'm on the list to get it again. Fascinating. And motivating me to cook for myself.

Angelic_Fruitcake: Thanks for the reminder of Divergent. I've been meaning to read that and I'm in just the mood for it.

I'm reading Scarlet, the second in the series by Marissa Meyer that began with Cinder. They are re-tellings of fairy tales for young adult readers set a hundred years after the fourth world war, a time when there are cyborgs and people living on the moon. So good.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 04-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I am reading Love The One You're With by Emily Giffin!
I got through the 2nd Plum book and think they are fabulous! Can't wait to read more!
Love this thread! Might find me some good books to read!
SaraJP0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
I'm reading Scarlet, the second in the series by Marissa Meyer that began with Cinder. They are re-tellings of fairy tales for young adult readers set a hundred years after the fourth world war, a time when there are cyborgs and people living on the moon. So good.
I wasn't crazy about Cinder, though I liked the idea of re-telling fairy tales. I have Scarlet and will eventually read it anyways because I'm still curious to see what happens next.

I finished Insurgent and loved it as much as Divergent. I just started Matched by Ally Condie.
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Fruitcake View Post
I'm currently reading Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent trilogy. I'm almost done, I'm not sure what I'll read next.
I enjoyed both books a lot!

I think i am going to start reading Matched trilogy soon.
Inprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
TheSecondHalf: what titles have you read? I read the first third of Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss, but had to give it back to the library. I'm on the list to get it again. Fascinating. And motivating me to cook for myself.
Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss
Your Food is Fooling You: How Your Brain is Hijacked by Sugar, Fat, and Salt by David Kessler
Animal Vegetable Miracle (reread) by Barbara Kingsolver
Pandoa's Lunchbox: How Processed Food Took Over the American Meal by Melanie Warner
In Defense of Food (reread) by Michael Pollan

I also have a few on the fast food industry but that stack is in the car

Last edited by TheSecondHalf; 04-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

so far i have read i have your number by sophie kinsella...funny and exactly what i needed
at the same time shatter me, unravel me (haven't finished yet) by tahereh mafi, Reflected in you by sylvia day, can you keep a secret by kinsella and also started reading twilight in croatian language (i'm doing a comparison of translations in 4 different languages).
i should be reading bunch of uni boring stuff but i just can't start. i get annoyed with it fast.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #15  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Half of Yellow Sun I'm early on into the book. My early impression is: so far, so good. The book is by Chimamanda Adichie, who is an amazing writer and story-teller, so I'm looking forward to delving into it further. The content is about the Biafran war in Nigeria (Nigerian Civil War).

Missunshine I love, with a humourous passion, Sophie Kinsella's books! I can't believe I didn't know another one came out. I will definitely try to get my hands on a copy! I also have a bookshelf packed with texts to read for school... it's not as easy to read those books... lol.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 04-06-2013 at 11:35 PM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote