General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Concerned about Pulse, any advice?

Hi guys, I am a high stress individual that doesn't really relax very much at all. My pulse has always been high hovering around 100. I've recently been more concerned with it though and wanted to know a couple things. 1 does anyone else have a pulse this high at this weight? I'm always nervous to ask a doctor about it because I feel like I'll just get the well lose some weight fatty and it'll go down response. Also does anyone have and exercise suggestions for lowering pulse rate... I should add my bp is always okay never really over 130/85
Tigerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #2  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Are you living a very sedentary lifestyle? If so that can be a reason for sinus tachycardia. There are certain health issues that can cause it as well including anemia and hyperthyroidism. Do ask your physician about it!!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

My pulse was high like that and i just thought it was normal but since exercising for the past few months that has changed. Before, my pulse stayed around 100/110 but now the normal is between 60 & 70 and it is much harder to get my pulse up to a fat burning level. The more u exercise, the more u will build your stamina.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Thanks for the responses, I've been starting to exercise more the past couple weeks so I guess that may be why I've noticed it. I will keep up the exercising and hope it goes down more.
Tigerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Exercise will lower your heart rate over time. Just keep at it, and maybe consider adding meditation as well to lower your anxiety. My heart rate is below 70 now when it was hovering around 86-89 in January (resting). As the heart muscle grows stronger, it becomes able to force blood through your body more efficiently, and voila! Lowered resting heart rate.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #6  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

I have always had a heart rate around 100 also. I have had two different doctors make comments about it, but have never investigated it
My blood pressure is on the low side. I get easily stressed and my heart rate can go higher very quickly if I'm getting nervous about something.
My thyroid is fine, so I'm not sure what else could be wrong? I just live with it - lol!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #7  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
I have always had a heart rate around 100 also. I have had two different doctors make comments about it, but have never investigated it
My blood pressure is on the low side. I get easily stressed and my heart rate can go higher very quickly if I'm getting nervous about something.
My thyroid is fine, so I'm not sure what else could be wrong? I just live with it - lol!
Pin your doc down next visit and ask about it!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote