General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

UGH, Im so sorry you have to deal with that BS. I hope you're doing what you can to kick him to the curb!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #17  
Momma X2

S/C/G: 252/228.2/140

Height: 5'4.5

Sounds like a very unhealthy relationship. I am glad that you can post here as an outlet for stress and gain some support on this forum! {Hugs}
goldhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #18  
threenorns

he started on me literally first thing this morning - i was brushing my teeth, bathroom door closed, and he crashed in yelling that i was disturbing his sleep and i do this every morning, i have no respect, blah blah blah (but naturally it's okay for him to come into my room when he gets home from work in the middle of the night, turn on the lights, and want to talk to our daughter who is SLEEPING). i have to leave for work in half an hour but it sounds like he expects me to go to work in my pajamas and change and shower and brush my teeth there.

he is SO out of touch with reality and i am SO tired of dealing with it.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #19  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

You've gotta get out of there, it's not healthy for anybody involved. Especially your daughter I'd imagine. Kids are smart, they pick up on these things.

Sorry to hear it, it's not nice to be disrespected like that. Are you able to get out of there? I know you're trying to sort some things out with your daughter already. Much love to you.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #20  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

The proof is in the pictures!! You look great!!!! I kind of remember you posting about somewhat similar arguments wit him and he seems like such a negative person in your life. I know you share a child together so I understand you can't completely cut him out of your life...but I think you have your answer as to what he is to you now...

You deserve better.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

I hope you love yourself enough to let go, he sounds pretty horrible to me. A man should not treat the mother of his child like that..
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #22  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It sounds like you guys need to get away from each other--at least for the time being. Personally, I would rather be alone for the RIGHT reasons than with someone for the WRONG reason!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

My marriage was pretty tumultuous before I left, but I stuck it out for about 6 months before going out one night and never coming back. I had such a great night that I just couldn't imagine going back to that house.

You work and you care for a child. Your home is supposed to be a safe-haven where you can rewind from the day and reset for the day ahead. It should repair your soul rather than tear it down. Once I realized that, I made moves and said goodbye, abandoning my house, my wardrobe, and all of the things I've acquired through the years.

You know what? Both me and my ex husband are friends now. Genuinely friends and we like each other. We couldn't have ever kept going the way we were and neither of us were happy. Recently he thanked me for leaving. He said although he didn't see it at the time and it hurt and was hard, he's thankful I made a step to make us both re-evaluate our lives.

Good luck to you. Sometimes it takes a really smart person to recognize that "love" isn't always healthy.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #24  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Day-ummmm!!!! I'd rather be alone forever than put up with that kind of bull****.

I say invest in some good luggage, pack up your daughter & as much "stuff" as you can take, & be sure to give him the Lorena Bobbitt treatment before you leave. No need in that POS ever being able to donate sperm again - he has no idea what it means to be a husband or a father - esp. to a girl child.

Good luck to you! - & CONGRATS on your weight loss thus far! - you're doing it!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #25  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Get the book Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men.

It doesn't sound like a good situation at all. Just keep working hard on your own goals. Nothing would taste better than succeeding when he just knew you would fail!

Last edited by twinieten; 04-20-2012 at 11:36 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #26  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

you need to get away from that a**hole. i would be completely devastated if my husband had EVER said ANYTHING like that to me. if you love someone you don't try to deliberately hurt them, it honestly sounds to me like he is insecure about your weight loss.

i have had a lot of plus size friends that had controlling or abusive boyfriends, these men feed off of our insecurity's, they know that with weight holding you back, you wouldnt have the confidence to leave them.(at least this is my experience), and now that you are losing the weight, he is struggling to find something to make you insecure about, because he doesnt have your weight to depend on to keep you with him.

I say this because a close friend of mine had been going through almost the exact same thing, and she called me hysterical because he had hit her. that night i had to bring her and her 2 kids to my house to stay, and she hasnt seen much of him since

i dont want anything like this to happen to you, i may be overparanoid, but it sounds to me like he is a cruel man that is losing his control over you, and a man like that is no good to be around.
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

The fact that you don't even care about his disparaging comments speaks volumes. Do what you can to get out and take care of your daughter and yourself. It sounds as if your older daughters are in tune to what an bad situation this is and are willing to help. Accept it, get on your feet and move on!!!

Maybe he'll do better once you're gone. If he has a desire to see your daughter after you leave, make sure you know he's treating her respectfully. If not, take it to family court and make sure visitations are supervised until he gets his crap together. Your daughter should not have a warped sense of life and relationships because of one person who's miserable.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #28  

You poor thing... grrr that makes me mad. Go! Go live with your daughter! If someone treated my mom that way... grrr. Just grr.
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #29  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd have his balls for bookends! Want me to drive down there (I know where from your ISP) and give him the Wrath of Ruth treatment?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #30  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

It might help to look back on how things have been in the past. Was the housework always like that? Were things better early on and seemed to go downhill? It might help to write things down, like when you first started to living together he..., then it changed to .... then... etc, like a timeline. It might just be that downward spiral of abuse that has finally got to this point. If so, get the **** out quick because it actually can get worse and will. From what you write he isn't much of a partner anyway. If you plan to leave, be sneaky, quit paying so much of HIS house payment in order to save some cash to move on. Abusers find nice people who try hard, but never ever are good enough for the abuser. IMO it's also ok to lie to him in order to secure your future/get out. If he is just another abusive a$$ if he suspects you are stashing money away, it could make things escalate quickly, so be careful. Hate for you to have to go through this stuff, be strong, be smart, move on.
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote