General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #31  

Height: 5'6.5"

I have recently gotten obsessed with Amish Fiction It's so intriguing! Right now I'm reading "The Shunning" by Beverly Lewis.

I LOVED the Outlander series, especially the first 3. I got tired of the huge books after that. I'm thinking of doing the Hunger games because I've heard so much about them, but I don't know.

I my Kindle! I only wish I had more time to read....with a full time job, kids, working out, lessons, church, etc there is only so much time!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #32  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriHallman View Post
I just finished Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich. The Stephanie Plum series is amazing!!! Waiting on pins and needles for #19 to come out in June. I think my next read will be Hunger Games.
LOVE Stephanie Plum! I have an I <3 Morelli hat! My mom and one of my sisters do too, but my other sister wears Rangeman . She's a lame-o

Did you see the movie? I wanted to, but I couldn't go with my mom and sisters, being so far away and I ended up not seeing it at all.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I think I will start the Stephanie Plum series.

I am currently reading The Scottish Prisoner (Speaking of Outlander...). It's ok. Her books have gone from serious page turning adventures to kind of plodding but I'm hooked so I'll take it.

Just returned The Dovekeepers (Alice Hoffman) to the library. Just could not get into it. Hate that, it got excellent reviews and the wait list was forEVER.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #34  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

@Laura.....do you walk on a treadmill at home or at the gym? I have one at home and I just put my kindle on the front panel and read while I walk. I set the font kinda large so it is easier to read. It really makes the time fly when I am walking and it seems like I have no effort what so ever to get it done.
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

I think I will start the Stephanie Plum series.

I am currently reading The Scottish Prisoner (Speaking of Outlander...). It's ok. Her books have gone from serious page turning adventures to kind of plodding but I'm hooked so I'll take it.

Just returned The Dovekeepers (Alice Hoffman) to the library. Just could not get into it. Hate that, it got excellent reviews and the wait list was forEVER.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #36  

Height: 5'4

I love Morelli!!!!! I think she needs to live happily ever after with him. I like Ranger too but she has to be with Joe!!!!! I am soooo ready for #19!!!!

edited to say I have not seen the movie yet. I don't think it will stand up to what is in my head lol.

Last edited by KeriHallman; 03-11-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: :) add more
KeriHallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #37  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriHallman View Post
I love Morelli!!!!! I think she needs to live happily ever after with him. I like Ranger too but she has to be with Joe!!!!! I am soooo ready for #19!!!!

edited to say I have not seen the movie yet. I don't think it will stand up to what is in my head lol.
I agree about the movie. I don't like the actors they chose either...don't look right to me.

I love Ranger. He is sexy and his body wash smells good. But Morelli is the real deal. He is husband material and Stephanie needs to embrace that
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Still reading IQ 84 and enjoying it. I like the writing style.

Read Jennifer Hudson's "I got this" in one sitting, have to say not impressed. It is simple and without substance. Too bad, I like her.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #39  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I just read the first two books in the Shades of Grey trilogy by EL James, and I've started the third.

Anyone else read these? I have to admit, it's hot.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

I love these threads!!
Finished the hunger games trilogy and the long walk by stephen king and now reading 11/22/63 by S King.
its a great read, but im not giving it fair justice because I am rushing through it to get to the dark tower series. my hubby bought me the whole series (7 books) for valentines day and i cant wait to start reading them! Im kind of OCD about my reading list, so I had to finish all 3 hunger games trilogy books, the long walk AND 11 22 63. im almost done with the last one and I have my first dark tower series book next to my bed.
i loved the secret life of bees and the hunger games. the girl with the dragon tattoo was AWESOME after the first 80 or so pages...it really went flying from that point on...and the next 2 books never slowed the pace.
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #41  

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98DaysOfSummer View Post
Wow - I'm shocked. I couldn't put this book down!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

I just started reading A Haunted Love Story which is a true story about the Allen House in Arkansas, the most haunted house in America. So far it's awesome, it's creepy but written from a different point of view than any regular ghost story. It's more journalistic and not focused on the scary parts but rather on the objective facts.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #43  

I read hunger games and I'm looking for a book like it but for teens and older? I checked out books like it but they are usually for tweens
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #44  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystyblue85 View Post
I love these threads!!
Finished the hunger games trilogy and the long walk by stephen king and now reading 11/22/63 by S King.
its a great read, but im not giving it fair justice because I am rushing through it to get to the dark tower series. my hubby bought me the whole series (7 books) for valentines day and i cant wait to start reading them! Im kind of OCD about my reading list, so I had to finish all 3 hunger games trilogy books, the long walk AND 11 22 63. im almost done with the last one and I have my first dark tower series book next to my bed.
i loved the secret life of bees and the hunger games. the girl with the dragon tattoo was AWESOME after the first 80 or so pages...it really went flying from that point on...and the next 2 books never slowed the pace.
i loved the dark tower series! i've read it all the way through more than once, and even made my husband read it.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #45  

I am now reading Hunger games. I have no idea what is next on my list. I just got the nook tablet so I am seeing what my friends have and I can read for free first before buying and nook books lol. I am kinda cheap lol. Just as long as I can read before bed I am a happy girl!
KeriHallman is offline   Reply With Quote