3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What are you Reading Jan 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/220834-what-you-reading-jan-2011-a.html)

Smiling_Sara 12-31-2010 11:29 PM

What are you Reading Jan 2011

New year upon us. I am looking forward to reading a lot of great books from the recommendations from the great people of 3FC! :) What are you reading?

About 1/4 of the way through Hero At Large by Janet Evanovich. Am really enjoying it so far.

Sweet Tea Sweetie 01-01-2011 12:27 AM

These is My Words

goal4agirl 01-01-2011 01:06 AM

Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.
I recently watched the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. DiCaprio's acting was so awesome in this movie I decided to read the book. I could not put it down. And it gave me a lot to think about. :eek:

walking2lose 01-01-2011 02:41 AM

I just finished True Grit and LOVED it. Can't wait to see the movie! I'm also reading Mockingjay (third in Hunger Games series - I teach high school English) and recently finished The Help (loved).

walking2lose 01-01-2011 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goal4agirl (Post 3626480)
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.
I recently watched the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. DiCaprio's acting was so awesome in this movie I decided to read the book. I could not put it down. And it gave me a lot to think about. :eek:

I'll put it on my list!

wednesdaymorning 01-01-2011 04:20 AM

I'm reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath right now. I love the '50s setting and the mood of the book. Really reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye (my fave book) but from a female perspective.

Does anyone know of any other good '50s/'60s set books?

Oh, and I finished The Time Traveller's Wife not too long ago. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Blech.

CanadianCutie 01-01-2011 11:15 AM

I'm about halfway through Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden. It is very hard for me to put down. The only time I do is when I'm too tired to keep reading.

dandimae 01-01-2011 01:59 PM

I just got finished reading The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End by Ken Follett. They're SO good! Both really amazing books that I couldn't put down. They're really big, but they go fast. I love this thread. I'm getting out my notebook and I'm going to write all of these down.

walking2lose: I just saw True Grit and the movie was AWESOME!

audri8301 01-01-2011 10:21 PM

I am working my way through the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, I think I'm on Seven Up right now. They keep me laughing. Also about to start Slaughterhouse Five for my book club.

theox 01-01-2011 11:10 PM

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.

JenB77 01-01-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wednesdaymorning (Post 3626532)
Oh, and I finished The Time Traveller's Wife not too long ago. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Blech.

I'm reading this right now, its not that great of a read I agree but once I start a book I need to finish it!

martha328 01-01-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audri8301 (Post 3627797)
I am working my way through the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, I think I'm on Seven Up right now. They keep me laughing. Also about to start Slaughterhouse Five for my book club.

I love that series!!

I am currently reading The Lonely Bones by Alice Sebold. I know the movie came out not too long ago and I wanted to read it before I saw it.

My husband has gotten me the Harry Potter Collection for Christmas (it comes in a chest). I have read them all already, but I am pretty sure I will be reading them again next -- or he will get his feelings hurt, haha. :p

Faux 01-02-2011 12:38 AM

one of my True Blood books. Will try to read two of them this month. would love to get through the series.

srmb60 01-02-2011 05:37 AM

I got a Sony reader for Christmas. The first book I downloaded was One for the Money. I'm half way through Two for the Dough. I love series'!

The Last Noel 01-02-2011 05:57 AM

Reading The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. Irshad Manji is next on the reading list, again. Then it will probably be some random trashy spy fiction or I will re-read A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin in anticipation of the HBO project.