3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What are you Reading Jan 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/220834-what-you-reading-jan-2011-a.html)

CanadianCutie 01-16-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 3656970)
I've been in such a funk about books. I'm close to finishing the new Tom Follett and I've been searching for something new. I just can't get psyched about anything, although I'm leaning toward Alice I have Been. Has anyone read this?

I read Alice I Have Been, a couple books ago (I average about 2 books a month, sometimes more). I'm not an Alice in Wonderland fan, just never really got into it, probably because my Mom didn't like the book/disney movie so I was never exposed to it til I was an adult. That being said the story behind it is very interesting which Alice I Have Been expands upon. Be prepared to feel a little uneasy while you read it. My fiance's mother works at a bookstore and she let me borrow her advanced readers copy of the book.

ANOther 01-17-2011 11:30 AM

Just finished The Lost Dogs (about the rescue of the pit bulls from Michael Vick's dogfighting operation and where they are now) and starting Tabloid Medicine (an indictment of scare reports about stuff like the now-discredited link between the MMR vaccine and autism, celebrities anointing themselves as healthcare experts and the like)

alinnell 01-21-2011 06:27 PM

Has anyone ever read anything by Jack Ketchum?

megems 01-23-2011 09:17 AM

Reading Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb! Love this series!

Cheshirecat 01-23-2011 09:49 AM

I'm going through my TBR list starting with fantasy.
Right now I'm on Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones, which is a sequel to Howl's Moving Castle--though the main characters are new with the characters from Howl's taking a secondary role. Good fun.

FrouFrou 01-23-2011 01:21 PM

I have read one or two books by Ketchum, just can't remember what, lmao. Will have to check my list of books/goodreads seems like it was The Girl Next Door or something like that.

Currently reading...A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore

alinnell 01-23-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrouFrou (Post 3670482)
I have read one or two books by Ketchum, just can't remember what, lmao. Will have to check my list of books/goodreads seems like it was The Girl Next Door or something like that.

Currently reading...A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore

That's the one I'm thinking of getting. They say horror just doesn't describe it fully.

nessalyn 01-24-2011 04:32 PM

I just finished Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner...it was slow starting, but it was a really good read! Especially if you like historical romances.

DigitalSinner 01-24-2011 05:44 PM

The Shattering by Christie Golden just came in the mail for me today! Nerdtastic!!!!

CanadianCutie 01-24-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38 and Ready (Post 3672995)
Nerdtastic!!!!

LMAO, I love it.

ANOther 01-27-2011 11:24 AM

A Planet for the President by Alistair Beaton

audri8301 01-27-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellsbrood (Post 3646644)
I read that for my modernism/post-modernism class. Interestingly weird book!

I made it through that one, but wasn't a huge fan. The way it jumped around annoyed me, which is kind of weird, since unlike so many people on this thread I LOVED The Time Traveler's Wife and the jumping around in that didn't bother me at all. I have to admit that I read a ton of kids' books too, loved Riordan's Percy Jackson series and can't wait to jump into his new ones when I get some time.

I just started Ender's Game, which is my book club's current selection. It's pretty interesting so far.

morphomel 01-27-2011 06:11 PM

I've got two books going at the moment. For non-fiction, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. Fiction, Contact by Carl Sagan.

milasmommy87 01-27-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megems (Post 3670096)
Reading Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb! Love this series!

Ooo Me too! I think I've read almost every one, give or take a couple lol...