General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #1  
banned

Default The Flu

I figured I would get sick sooner or later. My little brother brought the "cold" from school, and everyone else has passed it around.

While everyone else had mild symptoms, I believe I got the flu. Sunday night, after walking home from my parents' in the cold, I had a very tender and sore throat, so I had herbal tea and my husband made me drink some salt water (yuck!). When I woke up the next day, my throat felt a lot better, but I suddenly had REALLY bad muscle aches, felt nauseous (I even threw up), and had a runny/stuffy nose. I got ready anyway, because we had to do some grocery shopping, but the whole day in town was miserable. I felt so exhausted, and it was agony just standing and walking.

That night I had a headache and a fever with chills, which made it hard to go to sleep, so I took a small dose of NyQuil. That helped me sleep for a few hours, but my stiff neck wouldn't let me relax too long, so I ended up taking something for that later.

Today hasn't been as bad. My fever is gone, but the headache and muscle aches are still there. I have been drinking lots of teas, and although my appetite is lacking, I have also been eating lots of fruit, like clementines.

My question is, how long do you think this will last? I have plans this Saturday. My relatives, whom I NEVER get to see, are coming down for our annual Pre-Christmas party, and I REALLY don't want to miss out on it.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 12-07-2010 at 06:47 PM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I was sick all last week!! I had the chills, and a fever too. It started on monday, and was gone by saturday. I still have a little cough, but nothing too bad. I hope you feel better soon.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #3  
banned

I'm glad you're feeling better, Shopaholic, and thanks.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote