General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #16  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Haha, saw this thread and was super excited because I love the show too! But I seem to have an extremely unpopular opinion about who won so I'm just going to go hide in a corner now XD

Last edited by KenzideRhae; 10-29-2010 at 04:35 AM.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Aaaaaarrghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Double AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Granted, I didn't think any of them were on top of their game when it came to their collections, but: ARGH!!!! And if fashion is really headed in that direction, I'm going to end up unfashionable for the first time in my life.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 10-29-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #19  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
Double AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Granted, I didn't think any of them were on top of their game when it came to their collections, but: ARGH!!!! And if fashion is really headed in that direction, I'm going to end up unfashionable for the first time in my life.
Same here! If this is the direction the fashion world is headed, then maybe I won't pine to be a size that can wear the latest trends. Yecch, what a joyless assemblage of dun-colored misery that was!

Oh, and as for Nina Garcia's comments about another collection being "too young," I'll believe that when she puts her money where her mouth is and traipses off to lunch wearing a pair of gray knit granny panties under a pleather jacket.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #20  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

lalalalalalala
Not listening. I have not seen the entire show yet. Watching it now. But from the collections, I was not OVERLY impressed with any of them. I liked some individual pieces but as collections go...meh we will see.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #21  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yeah, I gotta say that I was stunned by their decision. I thought Mondo was the clear winner. He is extremely talented. I couldn't believe they criticized him for being too theatrical. Have they not been to a fashion show? That's what the runway is all about! He had a little bit of everything: fantasy, reality, color, excitement and innovation. Gretchen's wasn't bad, but it didn't wow me in any way. I do think they should have just given it to both of them if they really were tied on the matter.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #22  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

OK, I watched my dvr so I can read this now!

I don't mind Gretchen, someone is always put in the role as the ice queen b***ch in these show, and I'm sure it was obvious to the producers that Ivy just wouldn't cut it. I also have to sit back and think about why I don't like her. Yes, she's said nasty things, but they all did, some of them just got more airplay. Mostly I think I'm put off because of her physique. She's tall, skinny, she has those strong features that appear harsh even when she's happy, and as evidenced by her personal life falling apart during the show, she had things to be unhappy about. I'm not all on board with all her printy printy things, but I like the idea of the aesthetic.

Yes Mondo is awesome with awesome sauce on top. He rocks and is amazingly creative and talented. No arguments.

But in this economy, Nina has it right. As consumers we are going to buy easier pieces that have more versatility. We can't afford a piece that we will wear maybe 3 times before realizing we can't reinvent it in our wardrobes. And in the land of Facebook tagging, everyone gets seen over and over at parties and events in the same thing. In a better economy, Mondo would have won hands down. Plus, we've all seen the reality contest show bomb. Top models that go nowhere, singers with cds in bargain bins... the judges of these shows are held up to ridicule if the people they felt were the best don't cut it in the end. I'm not surprised they go with a safer choice in the end.

As for Andy, I too wish he'd gone back to his early days of futuristic dominatrix. It's sad that after weeks of telling him not to do the same look and grow, they were disappointed that his collection looked nothing like what they kept telling him to move away from designing.

Last edited by JayLei; 10-30-2010 at 01:53 PM.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #23  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I watched the ending last night. I was sad for Mondo and seriously think that if he had chosen the solid black dress to be the ending outfit things would have turned out differently. He didn't listen to the judges and he paid the price. But he will go on to bigger and better because he is gifted. As is Andy.

Gretchen grew on me over the season. I sort of get her now. And while I wouldn't wear all the clothes she makes there is a certain style to her stuff that I do like and would wear. I'm also a bit of a bohemian. I just don't want to wear brown.

On to next season!!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #24  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

It's a shame that Mondo got penalized for not listening to the judges, because the judges were pretty clearly wrong about dissing that polka-dot dress. Hel-LO, Nina and Michael, you asked "who would wear that?" about that dress and two--count 'em, two!--red carpet regulars on that stage with you said they would!

It amazes me still that Jessica Simpson and Heidi Klum were voices of reason on that panel, but they were.

If the show were called "Project Ready-to-Wear," I could see Gretchen's poop-colored line of joyless Orwellian separates taking the win. But it isn't; it's called "Project Runway," and that implies a high-fashion collection, not a Chico's line. (What's even weirder about that is that last season, Nina Garcia actually said that Seth-Aaron should win because Emilio "showed us a line, not a collection." Now this year it's all about passing over the collection in favor of a chain-store line? Hmph!)

I was stunned at the criticism of Mondo's line as "too young," too. I'm 41 and I guaran-danged-TEE you that I would wear Mondo's looks before Gretchen's. I could soooo see that oversized-houndstooth print skirt with a black turtleneck or the polka-dotted shirt with a crisp black or white skirt. Then again, my style is more "Mad Men" than "Big Love," so maybe I just have more of a thing for bolder looks than more subdued ones.

Still, gray knit granny panties cannot be fashion. They just can't. That would be tragic!

Last edited by Nola Celeste; 10-30-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #25  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

SO mad at the finale! Andy's was my favorite collection. Mondo's my second and Gretchen's last. My sis and I had a long conversation about this and we both hated the ending!
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Fashion shows are always theatrical - its never the actual stuff that 99% of their customers are going to order.
Mondo totally fit that - and a lot of what he showed was wearable right off the runway. If I had the bod I'd totally wear the polka dot dress - the way he put the side panels on it was so slimming. Gretchens collection was like Little House on the Prairie. Andy's was just ok. I feel silly even judging these people since I could never fit in any of this stuff lol!!
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #27  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post
"Running Through Thunder" looked more like "Trudging Through Chico's" to me. Hmmph.

Hahahahah, this is funny! I thought it looked like Chico's, too, but "Trudging Through Chico's ".....LOL
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote