General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #1  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Default Need some help choosing a business name

I am trying to come up with a new business name for my little craft business (primitive signs, handcrafted cards, whatever I'm in the mood to make, etc) that can be used for an etsy store, facebook group & web address. I REALLY like K Renee Designs or K Renee but they are not available. What do you guys think of these: K Renee Design (no s) or K-Renee Designs. I like K Renee Design best, but if someone types in designs instead of design, they don't get ME. Do you think that could create a problem? Is dropping the "s" better than adding the dash? I've had someone else suggest Designs by K Renee, but I'm not feeling it. I could really use some input/suggestions.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My wife ran into this issue with her floral business. She thought about additional words she could add into the name to make it unique. In her case, the extra word was "studio".

K Renee Design Studio

Or what about another word to describe the type of design? Contemporary/Modern/Natural/etc would be good words to add in, not sure how you describe your style.

K Renee <Description> Design
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #3  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

I will think about it for a bit; I'd love to help.

One piece of advice, I know adding the dash and remove the "s" are meant to differentiate you from the existing businesses, but those small tweaks might not be enough to set you apart from the others. If customers or potential customers forget the dash or accidentially add the "s", the competition will not only come up, they may actually gain the business intended for you. I would think about doing something completely different. If there are already 2 businesses out there with a similiar name, I'd look to do something fresh to stand out. Just my $.02
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #4  
Happy New Rear!

S/C/G: 240/218.6/140

Height: 5'4"

What about:
Neuer Tag Designs by K Renee? or something like that?
Lnoelparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #5  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm good question, I think you would be better dropping the S but I do agree with the other girls maybe adding an extra work would help.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/215/160

Height: 5'7"

I would definitely not use something so similar to what is already out there. Someone could think they were sharing your business with others, but if they drop/add one small letter or sound, you may lose a customer.
Twiddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #7  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going with K Renee Design. Hopefully I won't regret having a name so similar to others, I just didn't find anything else that felt right.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote