Thinking of starting South Beach Diet and need some help

• Hi everyone,

I have been a nutrisystem fan in the past, but discovered about 5 weeks ago that I am pregnant and now I cannot stand the smell of the food *a pregnancy thing I'm sure because I used to love it* and my doctor suggested, since he wants me to lose weight during this pregnancy due to my high blood pressure and borderline diabet. He suggested the South Beach Diet, but I am not familiar with it, just heard of it through word of mouth.

Do you all participate or have you ever done the South Beach diet? If so, how did it work for you? How did you get started? Did you use the book or the internet *I understand they have both books and internet guides you can purchase.

Thanks soooo much for your time everyone! All stories and suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Best wishes and Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!!
  • Hi glenlorie,

Not a SB'er, but I am a fellow preggo. Apparently, South Beach is appropriate for pregnant and nursing women, as long as you skip phase 1 which is too restrictive. Check out this link:
    http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/...=23754.1&ctx=0
  • Thanks soooo much Sacha!!! I will check out the link!! Congrats on being preggo, that is wonderful!! I wish you all the best of luck!!!! xoxo