General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Make sure you close your toilet lid every time you flush, and so do your guests! An open toilet lid sprays germs from the toilet over a 5 foot radius in your bathroom.
Oh trust me! I. Know. LOL!! I have a friend that comes over and DOESN'T close the lid! It drives me bananas!!! I wonder if there's a way to ask her to do it (without sounding *****y or crazy)

Last edited by Cali Doll; 05-28-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Speaking from experience...when guys pee standing up...and we all do...it splashes out!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

In the absence of infection, urine is sterile. (I had to ask my doctor after my nephew got me right in the face!! )

The whole bathroom at my house is less than 10 feet in diameter, and our toothbrushes live on the side of the sink, which you can rest your elbow on while sitting on the toilet.

Wonder how many germs I've ingested from my own toilet while brushing my teeth? Thanks for the tip, Mandalinn!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm an anti germaphobe.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #20  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Wonder how many germs I've ingested from my own toilet while brushing my teeth? Thanks for the tip, Mandalinn!
I think more to the point, though, is that you've been doing it for years, and haven't gotten sick, you know? We're surrouded (SURROUNDED) by bacteria. For every cell in your body, you carry about 10 bacterial cells. The bacteria you carry just on YOU would fill a half gallon milk jug. And the world is covered with bacteria and viruses...no matter what you do to avoid them, you can't.

I worry about the types of things most likely to make me sick (germs from meat in the kitchen sink, for example, or surfaces when someone in my house is sick). I really don't worry about the rest, because there's no way to prevent contact. And I find that the things people get really worried about (toilet seats, for example, resulting in a whole toilet seat cover industry and "hovering", which is actually more likely to make you sick than sitting on the uncovered seat, because you can't fully empty the bladder and that puts you at risk for UTIs) aren't the things that are dangerous (bacteria per square inch on a public toilet seat - about 49. Bacteria per square inch on the telephone at your desk? About 25,000).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #21  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

I am a BIG germaphobe. I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere, avoid public restrooms at all costs, and try not to touch door handles.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm never sure people's bare feet all over my carpet is an improvement on their shoes all over my carpet.

Another one I've heard about is that the bottom of purses are usually very germy, and then get set onto coffee tables, kitchen tables, and kitchen counters. Or the floor or sofa you lie on.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhaniCauldwell View Post
I am a BIG germaphobe. I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere, avoid public restrooms at all costs, and try not to touch door handles.

Dhani
:-)))
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angie and I went to the produce market this afternoon. We were in the aisle with bulk items on one side and the snack crackers, etc. on the other. While Angie was looking for her little crackers I look over and see this....

A mom with 2 little kids...each with a prune in their hands out of the bulk barrel...

and

I see a lady reach into the pinto beans, grab a handful, lift them to her nose...smell.... and replace in the barrel

Then I say in my semi-loud EZMONEY voice...."Hey Babe, I'm not sure what the scoops are for in the pinto beans....evidently you're supposed to reach in with your dirty hand and grab 'em".....

Angie gives me her..."keep your voice down"... look.....

which I know very well thank-you

I just looked back and said "You don't even want me to tell you about the prunes!"

Now then, if I needed pinto beans I still would have got some...we boil those things anyway...

and if I needed prunes....which I don't thank-you ....I would have got some of those too.

And boy you should have seen the dog hair in the canister from when I vacuumed today

Angie and I would love a nice clean carpet....but it ain't gonna happen in our house...not with these dogs...and way too many kids running through with cleats, skateboards, grossed out tennis....through the years....
Old 05-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

EZ, I can just see you saying that! I would have done the same thing, lol!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
EZ, I can just see you saying that! I would have done the same thing, lol!
Seriously! I wonder what the lady thought the scoop was for? And what is with smelling the pinto beans anyway...aaarrrggghhhh

And I bet the other lady with the two kids thought those prunes were giant raisins!

Be good

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-29-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I don't consider myself a germophobe--I teach special education pre-k so I'm always wiping noses, tushies, etc, lol! But handling food with your bare hands in a grocery store and then putting it back on the shelf is gross!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

OMG-I am so glad I am not the only one!! I've been thinking that I was "weird" or something...
ok, so here are my odd habits. I don't know when they really developed, I think recently but am not sure why.
I feel like I have to shower every day before bed. My feet must be cleaned especially if I wore socks and shoes...I read somewhere that there are alot of germs in socks at the end of the day! And if I used a public rest room during the day, I definitely feel I must shower...
I will not sit on the floor in my pjs. I will not sit on my bed in anything other than my pjs. It freaks me out when my mom puts things on my bed like clothes or stuff she picked me up at the store...I am not sure why. It totally freaked me out when she watched a movie in my room one day, she sat on my bed and SMOKED!! arg! I think I changed my sheets that afternoon...
I think slippers and footies are so cute...I bought a few but can't bring myself to wear them more than once. I keep thinking they must have germs on/in...
I hate walking on the carpet in my shoes. I hate it when my mom walks in my room in shoes...eeww
Even my Pilates mat freaks me out!!
I'm sure I have other weird habits/fears...but these are all I can think of right now...
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #29  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

that article on the "Dirty dozen" pretty much gave me a panic attack. thanks. lol.

there is a fine line between wanting to be healthy/clean and obsessive compulsive. not sure where i fall on there- worse then most people and not as bad as some i guess.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote