General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 03:58 PM   #1  

Default Tired of Spam?

Hi,

I am tired of getting buried under layers of spam in my email. I bet I get 6-8 spams for every "real" email.. if not more.

One of the larger ISPs, Earthlink sent me a link to the following site. It is 100% free and is pretty darned neat if you ask me.

http://spamcop.net/

Once you get your authorization, you can pretty much report spam to the correct place with a click of a button. ( Sometimes spammers forge the message headers so sending it to the ISP it appears to be from may not always work.)

Anyway, happy spam hunting
Old 09-30-2002, 03:17 PM   #2  
it's always something

Have you noticed any success with this? I get SOOO much spam. I'm using a lot of filters, both on the server and in Outlook, but it still comes through. I've heard of spamcop, but have never spoken to anyone that has used it.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #3  

Default A little bit

Hi Suzanne,

I actually have seen a reduction in spam. Not by as much as I would have hoped, but a little. Some ISPs don't seem to care a bit about abuse reports, as I I keep sending them in and the spam from the same account keeps coming. Chinanet and XO seem to be good at ignoring my reports. I use to work for an XO owned company years ago and am really disappointed in their lack of response.

Anyway, it makes me feel good slamming those lousy creepy spammers.
Closed Thread