General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #16  
resident lactivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Something about your original post makes me think that you don't want to keep it a secret, and that you do want others involved. May I ask why you don't want anybody to know about it? When I was a bride (I had a pretty traditional wedding) my entire family wasn't able to help me plan much because they live very very far away. I felt pretty alone most of the time and I wish I had some help. Though you won't be having a big traditional wedding you could still make it special by planning with your girlfriends the fun details (clothes, shoes, etc.)

I know you also said that you're not planning on having a party but exchanging vows and then plopping down in front of the tv seems a little anti-climatic. Why not at least go out for dinner with the kids afterwards?

I wish you a very happy future with your fiance. I know that if I had to do it all over again I would also opt for something small and understated. Do it the way you like but I would advise you not to go out of your way to make it unspecial - you may come to regret that later.
I'm actually torn about opening it up to everybody. We're discussing it, but I want to have all the pieces in place first--we were able to book the park we're going to get married in, and hopefully will have a handle on the officiant shortly. I'm just not sure if anyone will be able to come for a middle of the week wedding, you know? We do plan to, at the least, have a reception early in the summer; we can do that on a weekend where hopefully more folks will be able to come.

I actually did tell my girls, and I feel a lot better about it now. They have elected themselves flower girls. They're ecstatic, as I figured they'd be. We went out Tuesday & let them try on flower girl dresses (which are fancier than I can afford).

I am, for the record, planning this with the help of my best friend. And thoroughly enjoying it.

Don't worry, though--we won't go home and watch TV afterward. Even without a reception right then, we'll hang around the park for a while and play music and go have a nice dinner. It will be quiet, yes, but very special.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad to hear it. You have to do what you feel is right for you and the most important thing is honoring the committment between you and your husband. Enjoy!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote