General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Default Help me make a tagline...

Hey Guys! I need your help. I need to create a tagline for a query letter to potential agents for the novel I just finished a couple of months ago (my 1st after much trials and tribulation and 2 young children). I am stuck....AUGH! Some people have used things like "Harry Potter meets Bridget Jones" as a hook.

I am looking for a movie, book, or character who went through something tragic and life changing and turned to drugs (or alcohol) as a means to cope especially if it turned into a downward spiral.

In a nutshell, my book is about a girl who loses her parents and fiance in a tragic accident. She loses herself into a world of meth only to find out there are supernatural forces beyond her control in the form of 2 immortal men. It's a tale of good and evil, love and loss.

If anyone has any ideas for the hook, please post them! I need all the help I can get! Thanks so much.
hotcubanmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcubanmama View Post
It's a tale of good and evil, love and loss.
What's wrong with that? Or you can say it's Dinah Shore meets Phil Spector. However, you'd have to be a moldy oldy like me to know who those two people are.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

You think "It's a tale of good and evil, love and loss" is good enough? HMMN
hotcubanmama is offline   Reply With Quote