General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #16  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
DH and i are hoping to see Star Trek, Harry Potter,and the other one i want to see is public enemies. i know not sci-fi/fantasy but it still looks good.

i did not know there is another transformers coming out. i think that might be added to the list as well.
Omg...I totally cannot wait for Public Enemies!! That one looks really good. Plus, Johnny Depp *sigh* he looks hot in the previews (but then he's always hot).
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I LOVE Zachary Quinto. I always feel bad for lusting after Sylar (on Heroes) after he kills a bunch of people, lol. But he looks good doing it, lol.
OMG yes.

I just saw Wolverine over the weekend, it was really good! There were only a few times where the CGI was really awful, lol, which is an accomplishment for that type of movie. I never read any of the comics, though, so take that for what it's worth.

We're waiting for a friend to come visit before we see Star Trek, which is killing me, heh.

I feel embarrassed admitting this, but I've never seen any of the Terminator movies. However, the new one looks pretty cool, definitely on my list for this summer.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #18  
Workin' It

I saw Star Trek on IMAX yesterday afternoon. Wow! Loved it! So, no spoilers for those who haven't seen it please, what did you guys who have seen it think? I'm seeing that hard core fans either love it or hate it, not much in the middle. Most love it I think. And, a lot of general sci fi fans, and people who like Trek but don't own their own Starfleet uniform ( I actually own two, but they don't fit anymore since I lost my weight...) seem to be loving it as well. The woman next to me yesterday has seen all the movies, but had to ask me if the tv series or the movies came first. She was as into the film as any hard core Trekkie (Trekker if you prefer) in the audience.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 05-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #19  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Without spoilers, I would like to say that as a hard-core Trekker (sans uniform, I'm waiting til I'm thinner), I LOVED the Star Trek movie. I can see how a brittle Trekkie might not like it though, and to those I say: they left Spock dead at the end of The Wrath of Khan and then fixed it during the next movie. Let's give them time to set it all right during the next movie before we compare it to the rest of the franchise.

And Karl Urban is SOOOOOOOO HOTT with pointy sideburns and a combover

Last edited by freshmanweightorbust; 05-11-2009 at 10:34 AM.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I need to get another rainy day around here to go to the movies, possibly When its sunny or nice, the last thing I want to do is go to a movie theater but with the positive reviews of Star Trek are getting me intrigued. My husband is an X-men fan so he might like the Wolverine movie although he tends to like watching movies at home more.

Last edited by nelie; 05-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wolverine was really good, but in comparison to Star Trek, Star Trek rules! If you are a fan of the original series, you really should see this. It was hilarious (for those of us that are old enough to remember the original series) when they used some of the usual lines. Oh, everything about this movie was really, really good and I can't say more. And I'm not a Trekkie!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #22  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post

I feel embarrassed admitting this, but I've never seen any of the Terminator movies. However, the new one looks pretty cool, definitely on my list for this summer.
I've never seen them either. I thought about renting them...but I'm not sure. My hubby, whose seen them all, says I dont need to watch the movies to watch the new one.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a star trek fan, and I looooved the movie. I think it's pretty accessible to people who aren't familiar with the show/older movies, so I'm recommending it to everyone.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #24  
-100 pounds

S/C/G: 270/170/180

Height: 5'10

Growing up I was more into the Star Wars movies and never watched Star Trek. However, this movie was hands down one of the best movies this year. The graphics set a bar for future movies in my opinion. The acting was actually really well, and overall for being someone who hasn't seen one episode or movie of Star Trek I followed it smoothly and enjoyed every second of it.
Joshua from eawc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I've never seen them either. I thought about renting them...but I'm not sure. My hubby, whose seen them all, says I dont need to watch the movies to watch the new one.
That's the same thing mine said! In fact, he didn't like them much, so he recommends NOT watching them. But I don't want to sound like a moron when I talk to people about the new movie afterward. We'll see.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #26  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hmm this got me thinking. The last movie my husband and I saw in the theater was the last Indiana Jones movie. We were actually both disappointed because we LOVED the original 3 indy movies (ok not so much #2, but #1 and #3 are awesome). The latest one was in such a different style with the computer graphics that it just disappointed us. Is the Star Trek movie the same way?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I saw Star Trek on Friday night, LOVED IT!!! I cried, I laughed, I laughed till I cried. GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #28  
Workin' It

Nelie, this one is pretty different in graphics from the older movies, yes. Not as different IMO as the last Indiana Jones film was. It flowed in this film because it looked the way we would currently expect a starship to look, I think.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #29  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
OMG yes.

I just saw Wolverine over the weekend, it was really good! There were only a few times where the CGI was really awful, lol, which is an accomplishment for that type of movie. I never read any of the comics, though, so take that for what it's worth.

See, I'm afraid I will hate the movie because I'm a huge comic geek. The 8 boxes of comics (All X-Men and Wolverine) sitting in my closet are screaming "don't do it". I thought the first movies were good, but the disrespecting of canon makes me CRAZY. And I hear this one stomps all over it.

I've never seen any of the Terminator movies either. Although I'm tempted to watch at least the first one sometime because of Michael Biehn.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #30  
Workin' It

Dixie - I've heard that Wolverine stomps on canon as well. DH is a big comic book fan and he was okay with it, but I've had other friends who said that they had to check their expectations at the door and look at it as just another action movie. Personally, I liked it.