General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default NSV: taming the werewolf

I choose to eliminate my periods, using bc like Seasonique, because I have severe PMDD (killer PMS). Hubby used to call me werewolf, because he said that once a month he had to throw burgers into the apartment and wait to hear chewing before it was safe to come in (most of the month I ate very little red meat, and then "that week" the week my husband would call "meat week" I would want red meat, burgers and steaks - oh and chocolate, which I normally don't like). I would have terrible mood swings (mostly anger directed at the nearest target - my husband), severe headaches and menstrual cramps so severe I'd be in bed all day hugging a heating pad crying. Regular birth control decreased the symptoms significantly, but not completely.

Now, I choose to have about 3 periods a year, and this is one of those times. So, I'm feeling a little werewolfy. Didn't sleep very well last night, and got up several times to get online, and I just now realized that despite a growling stomach, I haven't eaten during the night. In the past, insomnia was always a good reason for snacking, even without hunger, but I'm so out of the habit of "midnight-snacking," that I didn't even seriously consider eating, even though at 5am this morning I felt starved, and crampy told myself it's just the werewolfy thing going on (I've always found it weird that I could feel so HUNGRY and at the same time have abdominal cramps, sometimes so severe I'd wish for death. You would think with my belly hurting so bad, food would be the last thing on my mind).

I'm not saying I'm completely "safe," yesterday I ate more than I should have, and I know it's the hormonal thing. But at least, I've noticed that I don't gain weight during my periods anymore. In the past, I would have to spend most of the month trying to undo the damage of that one week. It's feeling really good to have the werewolf on a short leash.

Last edited by kaplods; 03-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote