General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

Talking OT: here's to new motivation and a trip of a lifetime

we weren't going away this year but decided yesterday we would. having spent almost a day looking we finally decided on something today

Were going on a 7 night NILE CRUISE!

Now i have something to work for. our 4 year anniversary is the night after we get there too making it more special.

so, here's to new motivation! see pics and stuff in a later post

Last edited by anastasia; 03-02-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: removed unworking link
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

The link says timed out but wow! a Nile cruise, fantastic. Which month are you going?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #3  

ok i'll post it cos the links don't seem to work

CHOICE HOLIDAYS including photos. but i just had to share.

Monday pm
Arrive in Luxor and transfer to your cruise ship before setting off on your journey towards Esna Lock and docking at Esna.
Tuesday
Set sail from Esna to Edfu, where you can either relax on board or take the optional excursion to Edfu Temple, before the late afternoon sailing to Kom Ombo where you’ll spend the night.
Wednesday
You can take the optional Kom Ombo excursion in the morning, before setting sail south to Aswan, where you’ll pass under the Aswan Bridge and see beautiful scenery. When you arrive there is an option to sail in a traditional felucca on the Nile and also an additional motorboat trip to Philae Island to enjoy the Technicolor sound and light show, before you relax with a late dinner on board your ship.
Thursday
See the Aswan High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and Philae Temple on the optional morning excursion of Aswan then, in the afternoon, ride a camel to Nubian Village on the additional excursion.
Friday
Travel through the Sahara witnessing the fantastic sunrise on the early morning optional excursion to Abu Simbel. In the afternoon, the boat sets sail back past Esna towards Luxor.
Saturday
Witness the amazing passage through both the old and the new Esna locks before arriving in Luxor, where you can take an optional excursion to the East Bank or simply relax on board.
Sunday
Today you can visit the West Bank of the Nile with our optional excursion.
Monday am
Spend your final morning relaxing on board, or view the Nile’s scenery from the air on the additional Hot Air Balloon excursion, before heading back to the boat and transferring to either Luxor Airport for your flight home or to your Twin Centre destination.

now to work out if i can get the pictures in without messing up the rest of the post

Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Sweet! Congratulations, that looks like an awesome trip !

We have also booked a week's vacation in Egypt, but it's not a cruise. Cruises definitely have their advantages and we seriously considered one but we decided on one with a train trip instead.

You might want to consider getting a hepatitis-A vaccine shot, but on a cruise it's pretty unlikely to be a problem.

We are going in mid-April. I am hoping to lose five pounds by then and I've gotten serious about making progress. Good luck and have a great time!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #5  

Wow that looks great!
KimberlyHeidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I wish I could go with you! lol
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #7  

according to advice here you dont need anything but i'll check in to it anyway before we go. can't hurt right?