General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Default What is the Rudest thing you have heard someone say about weight?

My friend and I went to outback steakhouse the other night and she is about 300lbs and was sitting on the benches waiting for me and a table to open up.
There was an older couple and a man in his 40s come in. The woman was trying to get the younger man to sit down. He said NO he did not like to sit on those benches because fat people came up and plopped down on him and squeshed him. They just sit right on top of you. The woman says Well they cant help it that they are fat

I so wouldve said something to them both but she did not.
I was reading another thread about a sales clerk who told someone where the plus size clothes were. So just wonddering whats the rudest/weirdest/craziest thing youve heard someone say regarding someone being overweight.

My personal fave as of late I shared before but will share again. My MIL and her adult son were over to my familys home for Thanksgiving and she looks at my dad and points out the picture window at the hillside and said maybe if you had made the girls run up and down that hill a few times before school each morning they wouldnt be so fat!

Also my brother in law tells me to call his girlfriend for weight loss advice. No thanks she is an old gold diggin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx she is 50 yrs old and dating a 30 year old and using him for a free ride in life. She is trash.
But I didnt ask him for weight loss advice so I think its rude he tells me I should call her. DH walked in while we were talking and he said what are you all talking about I said oh nothing your brother is in here calling me fat and laughed and went on. My BIL was like uh uh uh

LOL
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #2  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Wow people are so rude, but it makes them look so stupid! I don't have any stories to tell cause I don't go anywhere lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Geez some people just need to STOP commenting. When they talk it just makes them look dumber.

I usually just say something rude back lol.

One time a girl I knew (my mom's friend's daughter) told me "you should lose weight" I told her "you should wax your upper lip" lol- I mean really I was like I didn't ask you for advice- but I'm gonna give you some you don't want either! I think she just didn't like me cuz I was smarter than her- and I'm serious when I say that.

I think the rudest thing I was ever told was by a salesman- I walked into his store and he said "boy you are fat" and I said "and now I'm not buying at your store" and walked right out. Course he started apologizing like mad- but nope- I went to another store. And the salesman who told me this- I found out he was the owner of the store! PFFFTTT! He tried saying he was just trying to "help me" cuz I was pretty girl but I should lose weight- it was like really dude you are STUPID!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #4  

A coworker was jealous because her new boyfriend worked with a lot of women. She said (in my presence) that she wouldn't worry if they were FAT (she said it just like that), but they were all thin and pretty.

I was so tempted to say that if I were her, I would worry that my boyfriend would decide that he didn't want to date a b**** anymore and dump me.
mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Ooo, I love these kinds of threads - it always makes me laugh, but sometimes it is sad at the same time. but this may have been better in the weight support forum

Well, I went to a gym once and a boy bumped into me by accident. He was probably about 9 years old. When he turned around and looked at me, he screamed to his mother: "Mom, look at her, she is HUGE". I just smiled - kids will be kids (and I am huge!), but the mom did not know where to hide!!

I live in the UK, and I use quite a bit of public transport. If the train is getting full, I always notice that the seat next to me is almost always one of the last ones to be filled. - Basically nobody wants to sit next to the fat girl. Oh well, at least I have more room.

And one last thing!! This didn't happen to me, but it did happen to my cousin. She lived abroad for a year, and gained about 60lbs in that year. Well, she did tell her parents that she gained weight, but they never saw photos and thought she exaggerated. Anyhow, the day she came back, the whole family gathered at the airport. Well, the second she appeared Everybody noticed that she gained a lot of weight, but when her dad saw her, he yelled out something in the line of "Holy cow!! you gained a lot of weight!! You got FAT!!" She was so embarrassed, and I felt bad for her. Everybody in the vicinity could hear him. Parents, hey? Well, maybe that was a good thing, because she decided that enough was enough, and she lost all her weight within 6 months after coming back.

I have many more, but can't recall any at the moment. May post some more later.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #6  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

ok well after hearing about the little kid i just remembered something. my daughter is very observant and she started to notice when people had "big bellies" including me! so anyway i told her it's not nice to say that and we're at friendly's a couple walk by to get to their table with very large bellies and as they walk by my daughter says loudly "i didn't say they had big bellies mom" now i know that it was a step in the right direction and she doesn't make comments like that anymore but wow is that embarrassing!!!!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

---If this is in the wrong forum one of the mods can feel free to move it just figured it was chatter----

OMG beerab those are both CRAZY!!

People can be so stupid but atleast we can all laugh at their comments. (now atleast maybe not while they are saying them)

Keep em coming I might just get mad enough at some of them to get back on track this week, And if nothing else everyone here is sick and I need a laugh!
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

one of the rudest things I ever heard was directed at ME!

I had just finished playing music at this Irish pub with some friends and it was late and I was walking to my car out in the parking lot (the lot was BIG!) and a car with a bunch of teenagers in it was slowly drivining by me obviously looking for someone and the windows were down and I could hear the driver talking on a cell, the conversation I heard was .... "No I don't see you WHERE ARE YOU??? LOOK I DON'T see you at all! All I see is this FATSO out here!"

I guess the punk ... errrrr... young man wasn't lying but it still made me mad!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #9  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i had a coworker tell me straight to my face "i hate all fat people" which I didn't even know how to respond to.
I'm thrilled to say that now he's pretty fat himself- and going bald- and well that just makes me happy deep down inside.

i think that the showing someone to the plus sized section story came from me- that happened to my friend while she was browsing- waiting for me to try on some clothes. which i promptly decided not to buy upon hearing what happened and i will never shop there again. too bad too because they had fairly decent plus sized clothes.

i also had a skinny teenager tell some friends she was with while standing by me waiting for the bus that she wished she could be fat so she could spend $100 dollars on every meal and eat a ton of food.

and i've had the drive by harassment a few times too.

people are jerks.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

A woman came up to my adoptive mom and physically took the roll out of her hand told her that she didn't need a roll she was just ready to bite into!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Nope, I think that I have experienced the worst one...

I'm one of the only chunkier members of my family, and after being away at college for a while, I came home for Christmas. My grandmother takes me aside and asks me if I got knocked up or if I was just fat. In shock, I told her that she needed to decide that for herself. A few weeks later, I was back on campus and get a phone call from an unknown number. I answer, and it was a representative from a Pre-Packaged Diet meal company who had all my info and wanted to know when I wanted to start on the program! I acted like I was interested and found out that my grandmother had called on my behalf and didn't even offer to pay for it!!

Don't think my grandmother is evil, she just has her insanely old person moments... lol.
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
A woman came up to my adoptive mom and physically took the roll out of her hand told her that she didn't need a roll she was just ready to bite into!
That is horrible!! What was your mom's reaction?

Last edited by Findmyself; 02-27-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #13  
Melting the lbs away

S/C/G: 185/154/125

Height: 5'2"

I have a friend that is about 300 lbs more or less and everytime we go out to a restaurant, ALL eyes are on her. I have never heard anyone say anything, but the eyes tell it all. They are probably thinking that she doesn't need to be eating out. Whether its true or not, staring at people is just as freakin rude as comments are!
Cruebratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #14  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Dang flatiron that's harsh- I would have grabbed my phone and screamed into it "no I can't see you- all I see is this man with an obviously small ***** right HERE! Look for the ugly guy with the small *****, oh you see him? Good! Yes, I'm right there- next to mini ***** man!" Men always get so insulted when you attack their genitalia rofl. Well men who aren't real men IMO get mad. Seriously no wonder overweight children become bullies! sometimes skinny people deserve to be beat up lol

Oh man lizzie I would have asked him "so now that you are fat do you hate yourself?" lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Too bad someone can't physically take that rude comment right out of her mouth and tell her she doesn't need it, she's already rude enough.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote