General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 05:00 PM   #1  

Unhappy Motivational help!!!

HELP! I'm 46, weigh 11st 7lb and can't seem to lose at all! I do really well during the day and then seem to lose it in the evening. I need some sort of motivational support! After seeing how much weight everyone has lost mine doesn't seem that much but it's really getting me down!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:49 PM   #2  

I can totaly relate to blowing it once the evening comes around. This website has helped me a lot though. You need to find something else to do besides snack during the evenings. If you are at work all day, then you are busy all day and less likely to blow your diet. So you need to find something to occupy your evenings now. It could be something as simple as playing on the computer, playing board games, scrapbooking, cleaning the garage. But you need to know what you are going to do a day in advance. That's what helps me anyways. Plus, save yourself a couple hundred calories for when you are craving something late at night. Work it into your diet so that you're not cheating. You've already lost weight, you're doing great. Just keep it up!! Good Luck!!
Old 05-16-2002, 05:15 PM   #3  

Smile

Thanks so much for replying. I know your're right. I do find it easier if I plan what I'm going to eat beforehand. I find it difficult because I have to cook for the rest of the family and either end up eating what I give them which isn't always that healthy or throwing some salad on a plate which gets boring after a while. Sometimes though I'm tired in the evening and just want to 'slob' but if I do make myself do something I usually enjoy it. I have started to make some changes to my routine/life to make a difference but just feel sometimes I need someone to have a moan to (who doesn't get fed up with listening!) My husband goes away quite a bit and it's not that easy for me to get out so I end up having a drink in front of the TV and although I try with the carrot sticks and celery it just doesn't go with red wine!
Old 05-16-2002, 05:40 PM   #4  

I need to follow my own advice today. I didn't plan my meals today and ended up eating waaay too much ice cream. It was the fat free stuff but stil loaded with calories. Oh well I guess. I can just plan for tomorrow and put today behind me. Right? You're right, carrots don't go well with red wine. Maybe strawberries and champaigne next time??? Hang in there chick!!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:28 PM   #5  

This is the first time I have ever used a site like this. Earlier on I went into a chat room (another site) but it was all a bit confusing as there were several conversations going on at one time and not all of them very helpful to the cause. (lots of mentioning chocolate and that type of thing!) but I've found your input helpful already. I had a diet coke tonight instead of the wine. It's pathetic how proud I feel of myself! Thanks. Let's go for the grilled chicken tomorrow!
Closed Thread