General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

My biggest one is to keep eating clean and exercising all year round. I also want to move into better place and become more organized.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #17  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Mine is to reach my fighting weight again before my 40th in May. And maybe to get back into martial arts but if that doesn't happen this year it will be because of work demands so i won't beat myself up if I put it off another year.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #18  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

My weight-related goal is to finish what I started two years ago, and try to meet my goal by losing another 40 pounds. I lose weight slowly, so I don't think 40 pounds, over the course of a year, will be too hard.

Another, non-weight-related resolution is to see my father more. I went to visit him in the nursing home yesterday and I felt so sad because he looked so sad when I left, and it made me realize he doesn't have much time left on this earth (I know none of us knows when our time will come, but for an 87-year-old, time is running short) and I should make more time for him. With two jobs and being sick quite often this Fall (flu twice and strep throat twice) I haven't been able to see him as often as I should.

Hope I am not depressing but the second one was really a resolution I made yesterday.

Last edited by Ookpik; 12-26-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I wanna be as cool as SHANE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

techwife, I haven't seen the likes of you around here much lately! How have you BEEN?

Oh... and thank you for the abs compliment. I greatly appreciate it however, they are currently in hiding, as I had some good eatin' and then some during Christmas. They say abs are made in the kitchen and I strongly believe it! My kitchen is looking more like a bakery, but I'm not concerned... I know I can get back on track for the new year.

river - so you used to do boxing, eh? That's awesome. I was dating a guy who wanted to throw me into the ring (wrestling, in this case) but then when I ended our relationship, I unfortunately lost all his connections, too. Oh well. Best of luck in getting down to your fighting weight and winning lots of fights while you're at it!

Gary - Pssssht, you already ARE NEXT!

Ookpik - no, it is not a depressing resolution; death is something we all have to face one day I also know what it is like to almost lose a parent: when I was 8 years old, my mother got double pneumonia. Because she also has multiple sclerosis, her chances of living were drastically decreased. She was in ICU and I cried my eyes out for days upon days until I knew she wouldn't die. My sister kept telling me she would make it (but the doctors said the chances were iffy) and I told my sister she was too young to understand anything about death I wish your dad the best of health in 2009 and the same for you.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-26-2008 at 11:09 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #21  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Thanks Shane! All the best in 2009!
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #22  
Addicted to potato salad!

Shane: Two words....HOCKEY PRACTICE!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #23  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I'm gonna concentrate on my armage in 2009 by lifting heavier weights. By years end 2009, I hope to have more defined pipes to show off in my tanks!
Wish me luck peeps.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

I have quite a long list! I plan to:

1) Continue healthy eating and hopefully continue to lose the excess weight and advance towards goal!

2) Keep up my exercise routine but perhaps mix it up a bit more

3) Complete a race to raise money for a cancer charity to honour the memory of loved ones

4) Make an effort to spend more quality time with family and friends - especially my young niece and nephew

5) Learn to relax, stop feeling so anxious and stop striving to be such a perfectionist in everything I do

6) Pay off outstanding debts and start making regular savings

7) Keep giving regular blood donations

8) Contribute more to my parish community, for example, by doing readings at mass

9) Confront the issues I have with difficult people at work rather than worry myself sick about them and letting resentment build up

10) Be open to the possibility of new romance and finally move on from a previous heartbreak which has held me back for a while! and

11) Choose to have a positive attitude to life each and every day!
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #25  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

1. To live to my full potential so I am happy and can help those in turn around me to also feel happy.

2. To not let my weight control how I feel about myself, if it goes up, goes down or stays the same. I'm still the same person inside and I still deserve love.

3. To let those I love know it more often
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #26  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

1. To not only loose my weight ,but to keep it off once and for all.

2. To get back to working out at the gym five days a week instead of 2 or 3 that I have been.

3. To get out of my current job where I feel there is no future and into the one I really want.

4. To keep my eye on the future and let nothing hold me back from getting what I want.

5. To be the best mom I can be as she transitions from kid to adult.

6. To never let him doubt how much I love and need him.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

1. Grow in my relationship with God and our church family.

2. Follow Jason's weight loss plan for me for at least 31 days...continue it as long as it works for us.

3. Build a shed in the back yard by May.

4. Declutter, declutter, declutter!

5. Continue on our journey towards financial peace. We're currently scheduled to pay off all consumer debt by Feb. 2010; we want to see if we can do it by Dec. 2009!!

6. Pass my Level 3 Registered Professional Appraiser Exam with FLYING COLORS in February.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote