General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Cool Oh No She / He Didn't!!!!

Ever have someone say something totally outrageous to you that was out of the blue, unnecessary or just none of their friggin business? Post it. I'll start.

A coworker noticed that I had a HUGE cup of Starbucks this AM and commented on it. I replied back that I hadn't slept well last night, which is odd for me because I usually pass out as soon as my head hits the pillow. She asked how old I was. I told her - 41. She then informed me that it's my hormones, I'm going through "the change" and that my sleep would only continue to get worse. I was stunned. I don't think having one bad night of sleep makes me menopausal and even if it does, it's not her business to say that. We aren't even friends - just co-workers. Go figure.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

We used to have this "Interpersonal Communications" Consultant who came in for a week each month. When I got sick with a sinus infection, he asked me if I thought I was getting sick because of all the weight I'd gained since I'd started working here. The funny part was I had started dieting, and had lost about 20 pounds, and was at my lowest weight in 10 years.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I once made a purchase at a clothing store, I paid by check. When asked for identification I showed her my driver's license. the clerk looked at it and said 'You have held up really well".
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #4  
No description available.

Bargoo, !

Last edited by midwife; 09-17-2008 at 10:12 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: way to high/ 150

There was a point in time when my hair was bright red. Well I was working as a waitress at the time. I walked up to a table and a little boy probably around 3 screamed out "mama she looks like a crayon!!" His mother just laughed and said to me that I must get that a lot.
Stardutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #6  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

LOL that's certainly better than hearing the alternative: "My goodness, time has ravaged you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I once made a purchase at a clothing store, I paid by check. When asked for identification I showed her my driver's license. the clerk looked at it and said 'You have held up really well".
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow, these are outrageous!
Chemgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

A guy I was friends with my freshman year of college...we used to hang out and watch movies, anyway he said to me "you have such a pretty face if you'd just lose weight" ...then he started dating one of my friends who was not only 7 inches taller than I am, but bigger too! (and super whacky!) ... I never understood that.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Bad question!

A few weeks ago my friend who runs a boutique talked me into this tunic shirt that was kind of long and flowing and came to a point in the front. I usually stay away from this look since it reminds me of maternity clothes, but my friend went on and on about how slimming it was for me, etc. Any way first time I wear it this dumb a** asks me when I'm due!

My rule of thumb is do not ask if someone is expecting unless you see a baby's head coming out!
lisa43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
great one!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #11  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardutchess View Post
There was a point in time when my hair was bright red. Well I was working as a waitress at the time. I walked up to a table and a little boy probably around 3 screamed out "mama she looks like a crayon!!" His mother just laughed and said to me that I must get that a lot.
this one made me laugh. I happen to loooove bright red hair. I wish I had the nerve to do a big change from my mousie brown and wear it!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #12  
Determined to lose!

OK< I'll bite! I had been single for, oh, I think a good ten years (now 18 yrs) when I received a phone call from my sister. The day before I had stopped over my aunts house on the way to see another sister and to pick up a cell phone I'd left over there. With me was yet another (Yes, there are five girls, and 8 boys in my family) sister's father in law! Well, my sister that called me asked me why Aunt Ruth knew before she did that I was ... PREGNANT! Apparently Ruth not only spread all around that I was pregnant but it was by my sister's father in law! The ONLY reason he was along for the ride was due to really bad weather! blizzard like conditions!

I called my aunt and asked her "So, did I enjoy the sex I never had?" She's like "I thought you were..." I told her "there you go, A. S. S. U ming AGAIN!"

Last edited by Loriann7; 09-17-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Apparently Ruth not only spread all around that I was pregnant but it was by my sister's father in law!
I cannot imagine spreading a rumor that someone is pregnant without knowing!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #14  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I went through the drive thru one morning at the local fast food joint (this was about 4-5 yrs ago) and the guy at the window saw the car seats in the back and said "oh, grandkids, grandkids, what fun".

Problem is they were for my kids
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I know a lot of people "mean well", but "mean well" gets real old. Vast numbers of people are not only so rude, they also have no idea they are rude, and think something is wrong with you if you think they are.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote