General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default advice needed

Okay ladies, I've been gone for a couple of months dealing with life and all it's horried wonders.
One thing I life threw at me is my first yeast infection. Now I don't know if it really is a yeast infection, as I've never had one and I know you can't treat it at home unless you know for sure that's what it is. So, my question is...when I call the clinic do I ask to see any doctor, or the doctor that does my physicals? Does it really matter which doctor I see?
I've had this for almost a month and half now, it wasn't so bad until this week, it does not burn or itch so I never thought about it much. But I figure I better go see someone so I don't mess myself up.

Last edited by Sakai; 04-05-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/145/105

Height: 4'10"

I would just call the clinic and tell them you may have a yeast infection and would like to know if you should visit a gyno or regular doctor. I would think a gynecologist would be your best bet!!

Last edited by Missakay; 04-02-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Missakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #3  

My inclination would be to see your gyn if she is available. I always feel better with expert advice about that area. Also, she (or he) will be more likely to have samples of treament creams or current advice on which products to use.
Leah52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

If it's a yeast infection, you'll know. Lumpy white discharge? You can always try one of the over the counter cures (like Monostat) to see if it clears it up. Brace yourself, the damn things are nearly 20 bucks a pop!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I don't want to say it, but you may have an STD. I wouldn't throw caution to anything that's awry "down there." If left untreated, it could cause major problems later on down the road. Even a simple urinary tract infection could lead to a kidney infection which could lead to hospitalization. I would definitely go see your gynecologist. And since it's been around for 6 weeks, you need to go see someone immediately.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

See the Gyn. Even if you think you know what you have. Since you've never had one before, it's really better to check with the expert. Make an appointment. For those sorts of things, they'll schedule you in ASAP.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

See the doc - today please. You haven't had a yeast infection before so you need to see what you are dealing with - also 6 weeks - OMG - see the doctor today!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'd definitely see a GYN and not try to treat with an over-the-counter cream. I found out last year from my GYN that when I thought I had a yeast infection, I had bacterial vaginosis. She said that BV is more common than yeast infections, but often doesn't get treated with the right stuff, because women prefer to self-medicate. And all that OTC self-medication? My GYN thinks that it's causing strains of yeast to actually become resistant! So, that said...I'd go see your GYN and avoid something like Monostat.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I'm leaning towards something other than yeast if you have no burning or itching and have tolerated it for 6 weeks. Call the doctor. see a gyn...

it could be yeast but i'll bet it's vaginosis...http://www.cdc.gov/STD/BV/STDFact-Ba...-Vaginosis.htm
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #10  
Less is more.

Don't worry everyone, I'm going out to the doctor to make an appointment today. I'll most likely have to wait to see a GYN because we only have like two in town and they are always booked. (last time it took me three weeks to see one @_@) So cross your fingers, I hope it won't be long this time around.

yeah It wasn't bad at all. Just some strange discharge, no itch, burning, smell. ect.. so I was like. Meh? nothing much to worry about. But them last week the discharge was lumpy and I was like.."Whoa!! yeast infection?!" And I had ignored it all this time.
Could be a STD... i've only had one partner and I was his first. But you never know with these sort of things. @_@. Thanks for the advice ladies. ^.^
Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #11  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

whatever it is hope it all turns out well!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You may also try to explain what is going on as they may be able to squeeze you in sooner. For me, I have to make a gyn appt 1-2 months ahead of time but if it is something immediate, they could probably get me in that day.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #13  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
I'm leaning towards something other than yeast if you have no burning or itching and have tolerated it for 6 weeks. Call the doctor. see a gyn...
[/url]
I was going to say the same - great minds think alike .
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #14  
Less is more.

Woot! i got an appointment for Monday. Way sooner than I thought. I told them about my issue and they were going to let me see if there was a walk in open tomorrow, but being that I work nights, I wasn't too keen on going straight from work to see a GYN so they were able to get me in on Monday.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #15  
Less is more.

ACK!!
My period came a week early. Is it okay to see a gyn while on your period?