General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #16  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

REGISTRY REGISTRY REGISTRY.

You know she wants it. You know she hasn't gotten it already. Win-win!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #17  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

A DVD of old episodes of "Father Knows Best."
(tee hee)
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #18  
Addicted to potato salad!

Of course, tickets to tonight's DUCKS game...against the SABRES would have been cool...but a little more than $25 bucks!!

GO SABRES!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 201/190/125

Height: 5'3

I'm also a fan of gift cards. A friend once gave me an American Express gift card so I wasn't limited to one store. Then, she looked up a bunch of things she knew would be of interest to me and printed them out, giving them to me along with the gift card. She wrote a little thing to go along with it -- it was nice.
Ready4aChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Sorry I never thought about adding the scent types

~I completely agree with aphil, get the forever frosting if you go with bath and body works. It smells so good, I also want to eat it sometimes

For victorias secret, go with the love spell (purple purse), I have never met a person not like love spell and have actually gotten a lot of compliments on it. The pure seduction (pink purse) is very nice and i love it too, but personally I feel that the love spell is better.

I like the idea of some nice pj's as long as you know her size, I love getting flannel comfy pj's because it's cold over here in wv, but I don't know how cold it gets there.

Good luck shopping!
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #21  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I have never met a person not like love spell
Ugh, I don't like it at all...It smells like medicine to me. Its funny, the people I know, there isn't a middle ground. They either love Love Spell or hate it.

for VS scents, Dream Angels Heavenly is good. I used to wear Strawberries & Champagne all the time. They discontinued my other favorite, but I managed to stock up at the Semi-Annual sale---Secret Crush.
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Thats too funny, i've honestly never met someone that doesn't like it. I like their spritz, but I'm iffy about their perfumes except for the heavenly because they are all too strong. I can't stand strong perfume, gives me a headache.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am the same way with perfume-I can't wear (and don't like to smell) many of the ones that have been popular over the years-Liz Claiborne, Eternity for women, Clinique Happy, Tommy Girl, Estee Lauder Beautiful-can't stand any of them. If the perfume is "sharp" at all to the nose-I hate it. Gives me a migraine.

Do any of the 30-40 somethings in here remember that cheap cologne called "Exlamation"? It was like $3 for a huge bottle...white with a black exlamation point lid? That stuff was HORRID.

I can't wear anything sharp smelling...I have to go with colognes that have softer, muskier notes to them-ones with cocoa, vanilla, patchouli, etc. tones to them, not sharp florals.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #24  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I can't wear anything sharp smelling...I have to go with colognes that have softer, muskier notes to them-ones with cocoa, vanilla, patchouli, etc. tones to them, not sharp florals.
That reminds me of another Bath and Body Works suggestion, EZ. I believe its called Vanilla(or maybe Velvet?) Tuberose. VERY nice..doesn't smell like a fruit or dessert, just a nice scent.
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #25  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post

Do any of the 30-40 somethings in here remember that cheap cologne called "Exlamation"? It was like $3 for a huge bottle...white with a black exlamation point lid? That stuff was HORRID.
OH GOD!!! LOL My parents bought me that when I was 12. I spritzed myself all over (talk about overboard). I got sent home from school that day
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrowmrowsmom View Post
3. If you want to do something more personal, root through all your old photos and pick out some from her childhood and pictures of you together and so on (any pictures with sentimental value) and have them made into a collage at your local print shop.

I'm sure I could think of more, but it's finals season and my brain is wracked. Hope it helps.

Laine
Great idea Laine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
A manicure or a pedicure (although this compeltely depends on where you go), an iTunes giftcard (from her dad, the music junkie-IF she has an ipod), or just some music that you have in common (maybe not Neil, huh Gary?), She LOVES her daddy forever in blue jeans! a book about a place the two of you have been together, GREAt idea! or something that reminds you of that place. After a family trip to the beach which included an afternoon trying to make the perfect margarita, my dad got me a really cool blender a month later at Christmas. I thought that was pretty sweet. He also got me a teapot beacuse we always have tea together in the mornings because we're the first ones up. Cool! I think I'll get her a new husband!!

Of course, you could always go the tacky Christmas sweater route- always a favorite in my family for some odd reason...
Tacky...hummph....tacky...she says...humphh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhighlan86 View Post
Well personally I love gift sets of lotions and body sprays etc. Usually I get them from Bath and Body Works or Victorias Secret, they have some amazing sets.

Thanks for the ideas BECKY...but I doubt if there is anything left at ours, if my step-daughter has gone "shopping" there...she is the Queen Of Victoria Secret...works there on breaks from school...I think she just applies her $$$ to "frilly stuff"!

Hope this helps...I'll let you know if there's anything else I think of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
Does she like coffee? Some decaf from time to time

You could buy an inexpensive big cup. Another weapon to use on my son in law
THANKS GALS!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisClaws View Post
Or you could ask your daughter to do a wish list on Amazon.com so you can get her whatever's on that list...

Problem here NEMISIS...whenever I go on Amazon it costs ME a fortune....how many Neil Diamond CD's do I "really" need!

In general...gift cards from her favorite stores....can't go wrong there....
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Personally, I'm eye-ing the "Daring Book for Girls" it's the female version of the "Dangerous Book for Boys." Yes, I know it's meant for teenage girls, but it still looks like a fun book.

Question... Is this the same daughter that just got married? Yes UNFORTUNATELY! Is there something off of her registry that she didn't get? You mean like a REAL HUSBAND? Registries are usually up for several months after a wedding. I prayed her marraige would be!

Otherwise I'd suggest, Bath & Body Works, a girly pink tool kit her husband would LOVE IT!! I'm gettin' him one! (always handy to have), artisan chocolates, or perhaps a promise of a Daddy & Daughter day at the movies or something similar. Heck I'll buy her a lifetime movie pass if she will move back home!

Myself, I have my DH's grandfather in our gift exchange and I'm racking my brain to get him something that isn't the same old thing we always get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
A Big Bottle Of Wind Song!! Stays on MY mind!

Personally, I'd crochet an afghan and wrap it up with a big cup and a box of good hot cocoa. But since you don't crochet...What in the heck do you THINK I do during hockey season?

You could do a basket or bag filled with slippers, smelly stuff from bath and body works and other girly stuff.Another great idea for her husband And a framed picture of you and her together somewhere...even if she was a little girl.LOVE IT! I have just the picture! Actually, especially if she is a little girl. And a CD of songs you and her like.MY GIRL by The Temptations!!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something fabulous!!
Of course I will ~ I found 3FC didn't I!

Quote:
Oh, and for the record, I love Wind Song.
Bet it goes sweetly next to my Old Spice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
How about a nice pair of pyjamas? (and a little bottle of Wind Song)
Great idea ~ do they still have them with chastity belts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
I think a gift certificat to any place she loves to shop at...weather its a mall or spa. Personally im a big fan of origins for facial stuff. But really give us some ideas of what your daughter likes????She like WHATEVER I like ...except that guy What does she do in her free time,FREE TIME? well she has a full time job, goes to school for her Master's, volunteers and has to baby sit her husband 24/7...not much free time there! does she have an ipod (an itunes gift card would be great). Is she a fan of sportsYou did NOT just ask that...****-OOOO...she is MY KID!! You should know better than anyone else here on that one kiddo......etc...give us a bit more info on her and maybe we could come up with a killer gift. You'd be suprised what you could get for 25$
Can I get her husband "disappeared" for that?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-08-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGAdDawg View Post

Magazine subscriptions! For $25, you might could even get 2! I love Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Cooking Light, Shape... Another GREAT idea for her husband

I'm trying to think...I had a really hard time making my Christmas list this year!
And I'm not much help

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Since you are SO awesome,Do you KNOW you you're talking too here? how about a day out with dad?Great idea but her husband thinks he is ALWAYS invited...dumb...I told him he wasn't invited to the WEDDING but he showed up anyway! Make a little certificate maybe -- since you have gotten into such awesome shape, PEAR is a shape? maybe some hiking and out to lunch? LUNCH!

Is she the one who just got married? As far as I can figure...I am having trouble getting it annuled...seems that dad's CAN'T legally do it with or WITHOUT the daughter's permission...go figure. If so I second the "check out the gift registry" suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
Here are my ideas:

~Do you know anywhere in particular that she likes to shop, She's a GIRL! Any store that has frilly stuff! or that she has clothing from? If you did a gift card, try to think of places that you know she shops at.

~Is your daughter a coffee or tea lover? Her husband has never passed up a chance to spend her $$$ at Starbucks! If so, think about what she likes. If she likes coffee, I would get her a nice bag of Starbucks, Millstone, or some other gourmet coffee, a box or two of Nonni's biscotti (you can get them in the cookie/cracker section, or coffee section of most stores) they are DIVINE, and only 100 calories each. I would make sure that whatever you get for this is or looks, high end. You don't want to put Maxwell House or Coffee Mate in there, because that is something that she would normally buy herself, not a splurge. You can go in Starbucks and get individually wrapped tea biscuits, cups/mugs, and so on.

~Does she drink/like wine?Alcohol is not my daughter's choice for beverage...but her husband is not above drinking my last beer! He thinks BYOB is everyone BUT him! Check and see if there is a local winery near you. A nice bottle of wine at a local winery is usually $10-$20, and you can get beautiful wine bags/wrap about anywhere-they even sell them at The Dollar Tree for $1.00. A local bottle means more, and is usually tastier than one you would pick up at any store. Add a small gift, such as a bottle stopper, or a set of wine charms.

~Call her new husband. Ask him if he knows of anything that she wants, or has mentioned. CALL her husband ? WHAT!? The guy is cluless....what part of "he's married to MY daughter" do you not understand?

~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
REGISTRY REGISTRY REGISTRY.

You know she wants it. You know she hasn't gotten it already. Win-win!
Great idea KIDDO...it just reminds me more of the dreaded day last May though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
A DVD of old episodes of "Father Knows Best."
(tee hee)
Next to LEAVE IT TO BEAVER...my Favorite show...haven't I called you a smart double chopsticks before SPINY?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Of course, tickets to tonight's DUCKS game...against the SABRES would have been cool...but a little more than $25 bucks!!

GO SABRES!!
A great win for the Mighty Ducks too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4aChange View Post
I'm also a fan of gift cards. A friend once gave me an American Express gift card so I wasn't limited to one store. Then, she looked up a bunch of things she knew would be of interest to me and printed them out, giving them to me along with the gift card. She wrote a little thing to go along with it -- it was nice.
Sounds like a very nice idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhighlan86 View Post
Sorry I never thought about adding the scent types

~I completely agree with aphil, get the forever frosting if you go with bath and body works. It smells so good, I also want to eat it sometimes Pretty sure her husband would use it all up!

I like the idea of some nice pj's as long as you know her size, I love getting flannel FLANNEL! A great idea for her...nothing frilly for you know who comfy pj's because it's cold over here in wv, but I don't know how cold it gets there. Well dear..just last week it got down into the high 50's...brrr

Good luck shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGAdDawg View Post
That reminds me of another Bath and Body Works suggestion, EZ. I believe its called Vanilla(or maybe Velvet?) Tuberose. VERY nice..doesn't smell like a fruit or dessert, just a nice scent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralynn View Post
OH GOD!!! LOL My parents bought me that when I was 12. I spritzed myself all over (talk about overboard). I got sent home from school that day
YEP...sounds a lot like the HAI KARATE I wore in '67 or the AXE knucklehead nephew wears today!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thank you all so much ~ I have recieved many good ideas and plan to use as many as I can up to my $25 limit!!