General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #16  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm finally able to rest for now from all my Thanksgiving prep. I started this morning making my pecan pie, gluten free sweet potato pie{for my Mom} and Pumpkin Gooey Cake {gotta love Paula Dean!} I made my green jello salad, brined my turkey, gluten free dressing, and chocolate pie. Tomorrow I get to bake the turkey and ham and make the veggies {Broccoli cheese casserole and corn pudding}. Nothing at all low fat except the turkey. Just have to keep tabs on the portions. I also had to make a cake for a customer today, I decorate cakes as a hobby{for extra $$$ as well}. Orange cake with cream cheese icing, yummy!!
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #17  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I think I'm done shopping for both the Thanksgiving dinners we are making this week.

My DDs and their families will be here on Saturday for the family celebration. Tomorrow we are having a friend over. Turkey #1 will go into the brine when boobalah gets home. I'll make the first sweet potato pie and he will make is first key lime pie. We'll make the stuffing for turkey #1 tonight and heat it up before we serve. I may go ahead and make the yams tonight, too. No marshmallows! YUCK!

Then we get to do it all over again on Friday.

I hope the water heater will be repaired today when the guy gets here late in the afternoon. Otherwise it will be boiling water to wash dishes. Won't be able to use the dishwashers either. I hate Bosch.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just finished preparing the crock-pot scalloped potatoes and put them in the fridge. After the 5K tomorrow Angie will cook the ham from Costco...sooo good! and I will do oven scalloped potatoes...then we will walk across the street to my brother's house where my Angie and I, our son, daughter in law, daughter, son in law, step-d, nephew, my ex-wife....my sister and her family of 7 with sil and grandson will join my brother, sil, and his daughter and my other niece (Ron's sister) and a few friends......then we will split up with some coming back across the street to my house and watching the USC game!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

My 3 year old saved thanksgiving!!!

Because while all the other stuff is ok, its really all about the pie - especially since this is one of the few times I allow myself pie. Quite frankly I would be happy with a grilled chicken breast, steamed veggies and PIE and that would be a good T-day!

In October, my CSA box gave me a HUGE sugar pie pumpkin. dd has a book that talks about making a pumpkin pie from a big pumpkin and she has been dying to make the pie ever since. Now I usually make my pie from canned, because I find getting the pumpkin to the right consistancy a pain in the keester. I was saving the pumpkin for my traditional pumpkin turkey soup.

And I wasnt really planning on making the pie until morning.

But today she was lobbying to help me, so I thought I would have her help me clean and roast the pumpkin and scoop it out and then I would do a switcheroo and use the canned pumpkin to make the pie and have my soup puree already.

And then I opened the can of pumpkin I bought. Ick. It smelled burned and tasted bitter. Really nasty. So I cooked the real pumpkin longer and pureed it and strained it through cheesecloth to thicken it and now we have a beautiful yummy pie in the oven!

Apple pie is done too.

So stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes and turkey tomorrow.

Last edited by ennay; 11-21-2007 at 11:03 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote