General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Anyone Fimilar with Winows Vista??

I just got this thing about 2 months ago, and you know when you hit your comp icon from the desktop, it shows photos, music, documents? Well, my favorite links now say empty and I have to go to a "user" link to access these things. I'm sure I hit a wrong button somewhere and have been trying to figure it out for 3 days now without success. Anyone able to help me?? Thanks in advance!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #2  

If you want them to have their own icon, next time you go to it through the user link, just click and drag the folder to your wallpaper and it will make one for you (if I read your question right )

Last edited by shelby897; 03-09-2008 at 03:08 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
If you want them to have their own icon, next time you go to it through the user link, just click and drag the folder to your wallpaper and it will make one for you (if I read your question right )
Do you mean with Vista? Because you know when you hit My Comp icon on your desktop, on the left hand side there use to be 3 or 4 links you press, they consisted of Music folder, Pictures, Documents and perhaps one other one that escapes my mind at the moment. By now it reads empty under the favorite links. I tried your advice to click and drag, but it didn't work, I just got a red 0 with a mark through it saying it wasn't a possibilty. I'm at a loss of what to do. The comp runs fine and all, I just have to go through a few more steps to get to my music and pics, and I'd really rather not to when I know they were just a click away before.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Thats weird that it doesn't allow you to add them back. I never really use the favorites so I don't know much about how it works, but I was fooling around with my favorites and as long as its one of the ones that was originally in the favs, it lets me drag it back in place.

Did you try right clicking? If you right click it the area where the favorites should be it gives you options to either "Open Favorites Link Folder" or "Restore Defaults". You can try either of those, restoring defaults and seeing if it goes back to how it was or try opening the folder in a new window and see if it lets you drag the files there.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #5  

When I click on the "my computer" icon I get a list consisting of --
hard drives
DVD RW drive
Network locations
Other (my sharing folders)

Is this where you are looking
(I know, it's tough to figure stuff out unless someone is in person )
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
When I click on the "my computer" icon I get a list consisting of --
hard drives
DVD RW drive
Network locations
Other (my sharing folders)

Is this where you are looking
(I know, it's tough to figure stuff out unless someone is in person )
Indeed, it is, so I am really thankful you are trying to help. That is what I'm talking about. My list consists of Hard Drives, DVD Drive, Local Disk and Memory Stick. But over to the left of that, I use to have a favorite links, which had my pictures, my music, and my documents, where it now reads empty. Is that the same for you? If not how or where do you access these items from? Below that is a list of folders, one labeled user, which is where I have to go now to access them
Old 03-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #7  

I don't know much about computers but when I'm on a site that I use a lot I right click and it says create a shortcut that appears on my screen which takes me to the site each day.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #8  

Born to fly -- sorry I can't quite figure out how you can get it back, but I'll keep working on it
Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'7"

Just got windows vista with my new laptop and ive had such problems with it! When I went back to the computer shop they said they've had so many complaints! Afraid I can't help you with your prob, just wanted to vent!!
katewillbehappier is offline   Reply With Quote