General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I've been growing my hair while I've been losing (and now maintaining) weight. It's now just about at my waist. I'm thinking about growing it out a couple more inches.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #32  
Pending Email Confirmation

I have always wanted to but have been too scared to shave my head. I always told myself if I lost all the weight I wanted to -I'd do it. I have done absolutely everything to my hair - from dying it black, blue, purple, yellow, red, everything but blonde really... to cutting it super short - having it down to my waist. I think I'm punishing it for not ever doing what I wanted it to do.
My hair - as you can see from the pic, is straight and fine - but with thick coverage... it just lays their like limp dead pasta & sometimes looks greasy when I swear it isn't. It won't hold a curl, not even a perm!
I went and got bangs and I'm not sure how to get rid of them... I HATE them.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: CW - 194 GW -168

Height: 6'1"

I don't care how thin or fat someone is.....if they are a certain age, long hair just looks witchy. I see so many woman that have too long of hair and it just looks terrible. Pulling it back just looks as bad. That just looks lazy.

My opinion is if you are in the mid 30's or above, your hair should be no longer than just a bit past your shoulders. And even that is pushing it.
coachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #34  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
I have always wanted to but have been too scared to shave my head. I always told myself if I lost all the weight I wanted to -I'd do it. I have done absolutely everything to my hair - from dying it black, blue, purple, yellow, red, everything but blonde really... to cutting it super short - having it down to my waist. I think I'm punishing it for not ever doing what I wanted it to do.
My hair - as you can see from the pic, is straight and fine - but with thick coverage... it just lays their like limp dead pasta & sometimes looks greasy when I swear it isn't. It won't hold a curl, not even a perm!
I went and got bangs and I'm not sure how to get rid of them... I HATE them.
I had a shaved head before - it was great! I barely had to towel dry it I want to do it again, but DH says he likes it longer than that. We met when I had it shaved, so he must not have disliked it a whole lot I'm still tempted, but he says things about my job and it maybe not being the best decision. I can't get fired for it, but he's right. Every ONCE in a while when I have a really important meeting with much higher-up people, it might be nice to have some hair since I already have the arms-full-of-tattoos thing going on .... hahahha
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #35  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm the opposite, I always thought long hair aged women. I see a lot of older women (40s-50s) with longer hair but then in the 60s and up, you see them with shorter hair.

I've seen a lot of women with long hair cut their hair shorter and it always seems to me that they look a lot younger.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #36  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachie View Post
I don't care how thin or fat someone is.....if they are a certain age, long hair just looks witchy. I see so many woman that have too long of hair and it just looks terrible. Pulling it back just looks as bad. That just looks lazy.

My opinion is if you are in the mid 30's or above, your hair should be no longer than just a bit past your shoulders. And even that is pushing it.
Is my hair too long?

I don't wanna be a witchy 42 year old.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #37  

Yeah I don't understand that My mom is going to be 57 this year and has long hair and I think it looks great on her! I've even seen some older women with REALLY beautiful hair (even if it is white or gray), I mean gorgeous! And long!

BTW almostheaven I think your hair looks just fine
Old 08-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #38  
Pending Email Confirmation

mod - I'm jealous now. I'd love to have the shaved head AND the arms full of tattoos. I always thought half sleeves on women look so adorable... if I was single and had money I'd totally do it.
I know what you mean about work - I work at a credit union and while there isn't a dress code or anything, I can assure you anybody higher up in the company is visible tattoo free and looks "normal"
I can't decide what to do with my hair next, but I think it's getting cut soon. Seriously - bangs... wtf was I thinking?!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #39  

Quote:
Seriously - bangs... wtf was I thinking?!
I don't have bangs right now. I'm growing them out (along with the rest of my hair). I don't like it when I don't have them though since I have all these whispy hairs. I need hair gel to keep them down and I HATE using products in my hair (or wearing makeup which I never do, but that is totally separate ). I'm thinking of going back to the bangs, but I can't decide! Whenever I had them I really liked them. Right now, I have a REALLY short bob, since its still growing out from being short and kinda spiky.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

It also depends on what type of hair you have. I have very naturally curly hair. I cut off about 7 inches to have a pixie cut, and I was heavier. It felt good but it looked like it was too small for my head, making me look heavier. As I grew it out, it looked like an afro or a traditional old woman hair cut. I now have it at least below my shoulders at the shortest. Some women look great with short hair:short and sassy. I have seen some women with short hair that look very manly and not at all feminine. Cut out some pictures of hair cuts you're interested in and talk to a good stylist, even if it is more expensive.

I don't know if I'll ever give in and have very short hair. I'll be 30 in a year and refuse to have the old woman poodle hair. It depends on the woman. If I look good w/ longer hair as I age, I'll keep it...I doubt I'll go very short though, it looks bad on me and I don't want to look like every other woman with short hair. It may be easier, but it doesn't always make someone look more mature or 'thier age'.

Last edited by Optical Goddess; 08-19-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #41  

Quote:
mod - I'm jealous now. I'd love to have the shaved head AND the arms full of tattoos. I always thought half sleeves on women look so adorable... if I was single and had money I'd totally do it.
I know what you mean about work - I work at a credit union and while there isn't a dress code or anything, I can assure you anybody higher up in the company is visible tattoo free and looks "normal"
I can't decide what to do with my hair next, but I think it's getting cut soon. Seriously - bangs... wtf was I thinking?!
I would love to have more piercings and tattoos. I love the look of women with very white. porcelain skin and tattoos! If I had more $ and a different job, I'd be all over that.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #42  

The one in color is my right arm. The outlined arm is my left, but it is all colored in now except for one small spot! I need to take new pictures haha

I included another pic that is much more recent, but still not THAT recent. I still have more ink on the right arm than in that pic. Oh and that pic was so that I could show everyone that I fit back into my wedding dress! Yup that was my wedding dress. Now I feel the need to include a wedding picture, so why the heck not?!

Last edited by modkittn; 05-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
The one in color is my right arm. The outlined arm is my left, but it is all colored in now except for one small spot! I need to take new pictures haha

I included another pic that is much more recent, but still not THAT recent. I still have more ink on the right arm than in that pic. Oh and that pic was so that I could show everyone that I fit back into my wedding dress! Yup that was my wedding dress. Now I feel the need to include a wedding picture, so why the heck not?!
Very nice! I'm jealous!! I have 3 tattoos, and my next effort is to try to bring them together in some way, weave them into a bigger pattern...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #44  

I want to get both ribcages done, and my chest but those are all a long way off. No tattoos after this next appointment for a while (DH and I are going to TTC in a few months. I'm hoping to be at goal by then!)