General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow-That is so great! I really wish you the best of luck!!! You are right, after only smoking once in the past month it should no longer be in your system by the time you take a test! Also, it is good that you are just not going to think about it... I truely believe that over thinking can actually harvest a situation! So just tell yourself you are good to go!
Good Luck! Tonight was my first night to the site... Thank you for making it interesting and allowing me to feel like I helped someone :P
Have a great night!
GNADOIT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #17  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Hey..I'm all about positive thinking!!

I hope to see you on here more frequently, this is such a great place to be for support. While everyone has their own opinions...we learn so much from each other! You have a great night too!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #18  

Quote:
Another, more controversial method, is using someone elses pee. If you get a good baloon, put it in your underwear for the ride there so it's body temperature, accept the fact that some of your friend's pee will undoubtedly get on you, then you pour it into the pee cup at the testing site and you have clean pee.
How do you fill a balloon with pee?
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #19  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
You would buy a large balloon, use a funnel and just fill it without tension. That would be enough urine to satisfy a test.

I don't suggest this for a number of reasons, though.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #20  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Well, it helps if you're a man, but a girl would pee in a paper cup, make a spout out of the rim and pour it in, but not to fill it like a water balloon, but to put enough in it to make a plausible urine sample.

You might also go to your local neighborhood head shop and pick up a test or two and test yourself...it might give you a sense of confidence if it comes up clean.

As I said, too, the best method, hands down, is to not do drugs at all. But I know that's easier said than done. I've never had the problem, but am married to someone that does, so I completely understand.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #21  
I DO have a BellyButton!

lol....such a goofy thread.

I might head to the head shop...lol...and see about a test or two. Might help with my confidence.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #22  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I held myself back for as long as I could.
I hate drug testing, just for the simply reason that you could just continue to do LSD, mushrooms, or abuse any countless number of prescription drugs and the test isn't going to pick it up. You could be an alcoholic too as that's perfectly legal.

But God forbid someone who smokes a joint, as opposed to something really harmful like a cigarette or getting drunk, on the weekends gets a job. They’re clearly a degenerate. The guy who skillfully hides his alcoholism during the interview process however, upstanding citizen.

Also a lot of places having weed in your system is not an automatic disqualification from the job anymore. And if you smoked a joint a month ago, you're more than fine. It's really nothing to worry about.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:17 PM   #23  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Sorry for the rant. It just makes me so angry that the government can put the "fear of God" in perfectly normal people for things like this. You smoked a joint a month ago. It's ridiculous that you have to be afraid of not getting a job over it. It’s not like you’re some sort of junkie, who’s just waiting till they leave you alone with the cash or anything.

It's a stupid rule, put in place by a rich dead white guy (William Randolph Hearst) so he could sell more newspapers and not have hemp turned into a cheap and easily renewable source of paper (Hearst owned timber forests).

It's amazing that 70 some years later we're still living with these stupid drug laws against something that's more harmless than cigarettes. Ack! I'm moving to Canada!
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #24  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavingServo View Post
I hate drug testing, just for the simply reason that you could just continue to do LSD, mushrooms, or abuse any countless number of prescription drugs and the test isn't going to pick it up. You could be an alcoholic too as that's perfectly legal.

But God forbid someone who smokes a joint, as opposed to something really harmful like a cigarette or getting drunk, on the weekends gets a job. They’re clearly a degenerate. The guy who skillfully hides his alcoholism during the interview process however, upstanding citizen.
I agree completely - alcohol seems far more toxic to society than marijuana does. And right, the drugs that completely take over your life (crack, meth) are not going to show up on many of those tests. I also disagree that testing positive for marijuana would be a "sign" of other drug problems, because most of the old stoners I know don't do anything but marijuana, not even drink.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Drug testing is completely mandatory from what I can tell. Not all companies require it and if they do, then that is their choice. You don't have to work for a company or organizaiton if you don't believe in their practice to do drug testing. I believe if you can't support a company's practices, then you shouldn't work for them.

Beyond that, I've never had any interest in marijuana or any other drugs but that is me. Although I used to drink socially when I was in college, as soon as I graduated, I basically decided I didn't care for drinking or how it made me feel so I majorly halted. I may have an alcoholic drink once a year or so and even then I only want a little so I don't get drunk. I have tried cigarettes as well but again I don't like the lightheaded feeling they give or their disgusting smell. (Although I had more than a couple clove cigarettes, I loved their sweet taste and smell, again I didn't care for the light headed feeling).

In the last few years, I've also been majorly concerned as to what I expose myself to through my environment as well as the types of foods I eat and drink. That alone would keep me away from any recreational drugs. I don't even like to take things like aspirin if I can help it. But that is just me
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #26  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavingServo View Post

Also a lot of places having weed in your system is not an automatic disqualification from the job anymore. And if you smoked a joint a month ago, you're more than fine. It's really nothing to worry about.
I aggree with all of this. I don't drink...I just don't enjoy it...however I do enjoy the occassional joint or smoke out of a water bong . We even talk about this stuff in my classes at the community college. I was working for Whole Foods...they don't do any drug testing..and you better believe just about everyone that works there smokes or is a dealer. It's odd actually...that is where I started. During lunch hours you could go out into the parking lot and smell the weed.

The government could make so much money off of it and you're right...most people I know that do the stuff...don't do any other drugs. Actually....I don't know of any of them that do other drugs. I think if anything, the junk food industry would make some major bucks! lol. They still have Hash Bash here in Ann Arbor and the cookie shops make so much money on that day.

Anyhoo...I wish I didn't have to quit...especially since I only do it every once in a while...mainly because I don't like to be by myself when I do, it's not as fun that way. <-----I look like this if I'm by myself and stoned. lol