General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #46  
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Height: 5'4"

Default ...

Not to bump up my own thread, but I wanted to follow up and thank all of you for answering my thread.

I received great news today! After only 5 months of being unemployed and down in the dumps about it, I have been offered a position with a local college. I am very excited about this position. It has tremendous growth opportunities, and great benefits. While you are employed, you can take classes tutition free. I'm thinking that once I've been there for a little while, I might try to my B.S. degree in Computer Science. Also while you are employed, you are allowed to use all of the facilities at the college, the gym, weight room, pool, etc. This should be great for my fitness routine, which I need to recommit to.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this good news. I'm so excited!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #47  
Pending Email Confirmation

Congratulations!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #48  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

CONGRADULATIONS! I tell you the free tuition is key! And facility use! Even better!
And me...well I sell tickets...group tickets to be exact, to broadway tours. Its ok, not my dream job but at least in the right field. My first degree is in Theatrical Production with a concentration in Stage Management and my second is in Arts Administration. This is really my foot in the door job (as before this I was in my first half of grad school and waiting tables. Ultimately I'm happy where I am right now and will probably stay here for another year or so (hopefully there is an awful lot of drama going on here these days so we'll see) then my next move will be to transition back to the other side, to more artist management working for the shows, which will most likely bring about a relocation to NYC which I'd be ok with...hey I'm already there all the time...duh thats where Broadway is I can't say I'm totally sold on staying with live theatre...what I do translates well to music and film as well and I'm ok with all forms of entertainment. I'm torn though....between my love for arts marketing & pr and the actual nitty gritty production side....its tough finding a balance and time for both without getting too broke

I do have to admit that if I had my way I'd be independently wealthy, move to the woods and throw pots all day
Old 04-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #50  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I might not be a rocket scientist, but I work with 'em. I work with Electrical Engineers, designing Satellites-I am their technical assistant. I am always amazed at the things we are putting into Space.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #51  
No description available.

Congrats on the job, losingme!!
NESunshine, you would find me one forest over writing. : )
Old 04-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #52  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Losingme, Congrats!!

Colleges and Universities definitely do have their bonuses for working for them. I have a BS in Comp Sci and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you like math, logic, science, computers, etc it is a great major. Depending on the school, there are many various areas of study.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

I am a desktop publisher for a global clinical drug company...and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say it's my "dream job" however it's pretty darn close.
* I FINALLY have a normal 8:30 - 5 p.m. schedule (which for me - i love...just because i've worked in retail for soooo long with non-normal hours...)
* I don't work with the public (truth be told, i'm not a people person in any way shape or form...I LOVE working on a computer all day long and my only 'customers' are internal/people i work with)
* I'm 27 & I make close to 40K which is just awesome after having graduated college 3 years ago and having to fight to make ends meet with crappy $8/hr jobs.
* The company I work for has the most amazing benefits I could ask for
* I honestly LOVE what I do. I LIKE coming in and creating/publishing the manuals that I do.
* I like the people I work with (for the most part...lol)
* I have my own cubicle - and ya know what?...I LOVE that! lol.

Now, I have also been unemployed and I truly understand how much it sucks to live off of such a small income. In fact, if it wasn't FOR BEING unemployed, I'd have never found the current company in which I work. Now, granted, when I started it was a temp gig which turned into full time and in a year and a half I worked my way upstairs from the lab to the "corporate" stuff.

As far as my "dream job" I used to think about that a lot...but honestly I'm just happy that I have such a good, solid, good-paying job that I'm happy to go to in the monrning.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #54  

I work for the Wisconsin Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon. I work with many people who are in very bad situations. I go home and appreciate my family and my freedoms. It always comes down to the choices in life that we make, most of my clients have made one too many bad choices!
Closed Thread