Clean eating

• I'm having a hard time losing weight and I have decided im going to gradually work my lifestyle into clean eating. I know all of these processed foods are taking a toll on my body, my cravings, my mind, etc. And I am just so FED UP with this JUNK. I've consumed so much of that sh!t over the years that I am really just starting to look at it all as disgusting fake "food". I am really ashamed of myself for even eating it.

I'm curious if there are any of you who eat clean on a regular basis. How has it helped you? What kinds of clean foods are your favorite?
  • I'm eating clean.
    Oh my gosh. I feel better then ever. I'm so balanced now. My hormones are balanced. My emotions are balanced. I don't have cravings anymore for junk. I have "willpower" now. And I've lost nearly 30 pounds- pretty effortlessly.

Now I'm on to looking into intuitive eating and only eating when I'm hungry.

I'm tired of food-like substances too. I too can't believe I ate so much of it. I've even taken it a step further and have started looking into the "Real Food Movement" and am buying pasture raised/grass fed proteins and I buy a lot of organics.

Eating clean has opened an entirely new world up to me.
    Check out the Whole Foods lifestyle thread- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whol...lifestyle-209/
  • I've been transitioning to clean eating for a few weeks now and I LOVE it! Like y'all said, I can't believe all the crappy junk I used to think was food. I buy organic whenever possible, and I avoid high fructose corn syrup, white sugar & white flour like the plague. I can't believe how just those few changes have led to weight loss, better moods, less cravings, & more energy. It takes so much more planning than I'm used to doing, but it's definitely worth it.
  • Thank you ladies for your replies! It's so good to see other people who are eating clean and seeing/feeling amazing results. So far i've eliminated a TON of garbage from my diet and my fridge is stocked with fresh fruits and veggies. I've done my research on what all is considered clean/not clean and i'm feeling really confident with my food choices i'm making. I'll definitely be checking out the whole foods thread <3
  • i eat clean 6 days a week and Fridays i junk out and i pay for it digestive wise- but for ME it keeps me on track.
    The trick for me to transition was finding replacement whole foods for the junk i was eating. I knew i HAD TO have chocolate in my daily diet so i ditched the M&M's for hot cocoa made with vanilla almond milk, stevia and dark cocoa powder and it actually does the trick for 1,000's of calories less.

Lunch is usually a huge bowl of non fat unsweetened Greek yogurt with stevia, lots of fresh strawberries, blueberries and a small handful of walnuts and almonds and that seems to satisfy everything! So find foods that you will love and work them consistently into your diet
  • ^^^ It's amazing how long Greek yogurt with fruit & almonds can keep you full! I absolutely agree with you on finding healthy alternatives to junky foods, it's definitely what keeps me on track.
  • What is Clean eating? Also what does TOM mean? Just wondering
  • Hi Terra. Clean eating usually means whole foods like fruits, veggies, meats/fishes, and starches, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts/seeds - no processed/packaged foods like lean cuisines, candies, hot cheetos/chips, crackers, etc. Not sure if jarred natural PB is considered non-clean but it is so easy to make your own if you have a food processor.

Everyone has their own definition of what "clean eating" truly is, though. I personally try to aim for at least 80% of the time. I still love my hot cheetos with lime, CF diet coke, dark chocolate with almonds, pretzels, etc so that goes in the 20% of non-clean eating.

TOM usually means time of month/period.
  • Oh okay well thanks for answering my questions