Um...why haven't I tried this sooner?!

• I am trying to use more cinnamon after reading about it's benefits. So here I am, Sunday night and kind of hungry. I didn't want to make any coffee as it would keep me up all night. So I decided to try one of the microwave baked apples I remember reading a while back.

So fast. So good.

Peeled/cored an apple. Added cinnamon and a couple walnuts. Added just a splash of water. Microwaved for a couple minutes.

I was left with the most perfect diet dessert ever! I had some flax oatmeal stuff so I sprinkled a bit of that on top.

Just thought I'd share incase there was anyone else out there that hasn't tried this GEM yet.
  • Thanks for the reminder of baked apples! Think I am going to add some low fat granola. Make it like an apple crisp.
  • yummm
  • I am so glad you posted this....I forgot all about those!
  • Mmmm sounds yummmy thanks for the idea !!
  • Great idea! I love cinnamon - add it to just about anything, especially breads, cereals, and veggies - and now, fruit!
  • I have tried this...Mmmm!
  • wow!! sounds delicious!! thanks! I will try this!
  • Is there a step-by-step recipe of this? I ask, because I can ruin just about anything I try to cook. lol.
  • a couple tablespoons blended low fat cottage cheese, with it as well, adds some protein and it an awesome snack! and is almost just like apple pie and whipped cream
  • I saw a recipe online for something like this. Did you use plastic-wrap?