Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #1  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default i don't like ranch dressing but........

i had to share this for those of you who do. for those of you who really don't care for the fat free version of ranch dressing here is an idea. go ahead and count your calories or points or whatever works for ya, and measure out a single serving size then add a splash (tiny splash) of skim milk to stretch your dressing out.

i heard about it yesterday, and and i hope this helps a ranch lover out there somewhere, i'm an italian dressing kinda gal and milk doesnt go so swell with that
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

For vinagrettes like oil and vinegar, italian, and red french dressings, a great extender is rice wine vinegar. Rice wine vinegars are less acidic than most vinegars, so they're very good dressing extenders. Or great when making your own oil and vinegar dressings because you can use a higher proportion of vinegar.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'2

Another tip for ranch lovers out there: Get the ranch seasoning packet (the envelope that you add sour cream or milk to) and add just a pinch (careful not to go overboard) to some microwave popcorn. It really perks up the flavor! You can even take a little of the seasoning and add it to breadcrumbs that you use with chicken or pork chops. Really good!
etherence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

more good ideas! i love these tips because it really helps me keep variety in my food. i swear if it wasnt for spices and such i could have never gotten this far.

have a great day all, looks like its gonna be an awesome fall day in my neck of the woods!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote