Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Food Network Shows

The thread on Paula Dean inspired this one because I was reading through and noticed it getting very off topic about other tv personalities, shows, etc. So this is the place! What are your favorite Food Network shows? What ones do you hate?

Personally I love Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. His stuff is creative and always looks so tastey, plus I like his personality on camera and he's very cute so that helps too! I also like to watch the different shows hosted by Bobby Flay and those hosted by Mario Batalli.

And this isn't really Food Network TV (because it's on TLC) but I aboslutely love Take Home Chef with Curtis Stone!

Last edited by wisher; 09-08-2007 at 02:35 PM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Guilty Pleasure, but I LOVE Bizarre Food with Andrew Zimmern. Seeing what other people eat, that we might find disgusting is always fun (and not usually a threat to my diet).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I like Alton Brown's show, Good Eats. I think he's quite cute and it's always interesting to hear the science behind food. DH likes Unwrapped, but it seems like they're always showing some kind of candy or other no-no food. Still interesting how these products are made.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
I like Alton Brown's show, Good Eats. I think he's quite cute and it's always interesting to hear the science behind food. DH likes Unwrapped, but it seems like they're always showing some kind of candy or other no-no food. Still interesting how these products are made.
Odd, those are my two favorites, Unwrapped and Good Eats
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #5  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I used to hate Good Eats, I thought alton brown was so obnoxious! But he's grown on me and now depending on what the subject/ingredient is for his show I'll tune in.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Diners, Drive-In's & Dives with Guy Fieri. I LOVE him!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

OK, I have to admit I used to Watch Iron Chef Japan. It was so cool and campy and I really miss it. I've tried watching Iron Chef American but it's just not the same!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

faves: Nigella Lawson, Alton Brown, Dinner Impossible, I don't really like Guy THAT much, but I do like the Diner's Drive ins &dives show he does

don't likes: Ina, Giada, Sandra Lee, Bobby Flay

non-food network likes: America's Test Kitchen on PBS, Simply Ming on PBS Create, Anthony Bourdain No Reservations on travel channel
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by vealcalf2000 View Post
OK, I have to admit I used to Watch Iron Chef Japan. It was so cool and campy and I really miss it. I've tried watching Iron Chef American but it's just not the same!
I don't like the 'Americanized' version of Iron Chef, either. The original was so much better.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh I'm another one who loves Alton Brown's show, Good Eats. He use to be a cinomatropher, prior to getting into food.

As for a non-food network show I love, love, love top chef. I make a point to be home every week to watch it.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote