Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I've seen her be 'naughty' on television but its pure humour. I love Paula Deen to death and I would love to meet the woman! Now I have never had one of her recipes but I have made light versions of a few and they are really good!

Say what you want but i believe Paula is hilarious
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #47  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenac View Post
I'm not going to lie. It annoys me a little bit that a petite woman like Giada or even her mom, can eat pretty much all the things they want and still look at good as they do. But then I realize that everyone's body is different and handle foods different ways. I read an article on Giada awhile back and she says that she has her mom to thank for her weight because of her fast metabolism. She says she loves to eat anything, but she eats six small meals a day and indulges a little.
Any of us can eat anything. It's just a matter of eating those things in moderation. I could eat fried chicken every day if I wanted to, as long as I don't go over my calorie limit.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #48  
I'm a jammer!

S/C/G: 285.5/239/145

Height: 5'5

Paula can definitely get a little flirty at times, but I think that's what makes Paula, Paula! Everyone's sense of humor is different. But, I totally understand how some remarks she makes can give you that ugh factor
Lovewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #49  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I love her food, but I can't believe she isn't 700 lbs already.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm from savannah...and know a lot about paula..her food is typical southern fried...as for her deminor...she is rude and crude as it gets in real life. In person she is one of the dirties minded persons...makes many sailors blush. She hides it a lot on tv...but i've know many who work for her that say behind the crowds and tv she is unbelievably rude and crude. Some may take offense...others who cares. Some ppl are more conservative and others more liberal. So it really does depend on your views in life. Personally her cooking does nothing for me. Not a fan of fat butter and more fat and butter. Her food is good southern food and i've eaten at her place to only feel as if my skin pours are oozing grease for weeks. But personally i'm not entertained by her show. I preferr anthony boudain or other shows. Now don't get me wrong..i love a lot of the food network cooks like bobby flay and racheal ray (yes i know shes a bit annoying at times..but she is fun). But paula does nothing for me. Maybe its because living in savannah for so long, i'm turned off the the millions of people that drive just to eat at her resturant and stand in line for hours for a meal. Don't think she's that good. But that's just my opinion.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #51  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

I have a guess that the Food Network coaches their show hosts to play up certain signature traits and quirks, like Emeril's "BAM" and Rachael's "YUM-O" and probably Paula's exaggerated "Y'alls." Maybe they encourage her sexual innuendos as well. Anyway, one thing is for certain: Sandra Lee needs a new coach.

p.s. changed my avatar to add athletic shoes, indicating I'm actually exercising now!

Last edited by Spinymouse; 08-30-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #52  
Walking by faith

I'm not a big fan of Paula or her cooking, but evidentally she has plenty of fans. I was in Savannah on a day when it was 100 degrees in the shade , and there was a block long line to get into 'Lady and Sons' (her restaurant)..and they weren't opening for another 2 hours!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:48 AM   #53  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

She grinds on my nerves a lot. I think a lot of it is the fact that I'm from the South and, well, she makes us look bad! She has to put a half-dozen "yall"s into every sentence, deep fry everything, then drown it in mayo, butter, float a little bacon grease on top, and then fry it AGAIN.

To me, her show seems more geared toward entertainment than towards actually wanting people to cook her recipes.

My fiancee and his family are from Alabama and have lots of family in Savannah, and they're all say that the food at her restaurant is grossly overrated and the service is terrible.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #54  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I LOVE Paula LOLOL and when she's behaving naughty with an audience member...well that just cracks me up. She's not the healthiest cook thats a given but I admire her success.

Last edited by Leenie; 09-04-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
I don't know, none of the famous male chefs are all that sexy either, in my opinion.
How about Curtis from "Take Home Chef" on TLC..... he's pretty dang cute, in my opinion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove View Post
I doubt I'm going to change any minds here, but I had to just sound in here to say that I think Giada rocks!
I am in complete agreement! I love watching her show. And I have yet to see an episode where she DOESN'T sample what she's made...

I am a fan of Paula.... I think she's hilarious!! I don't think I'd ever cook what she has cooked, seeing how as I'm trying to LOSE weight, and I don't see how she hasn't kicked over from a heart attack yet - but, to each his own, I suppose. My parents have been to Savannah and eaten at "The Lady and Sons" and said it was worth the wait. I think she's been through a lot in her life - and she's probably a little more carefree these days because of what she has overcome...I'd probably be the same way if I went from rags to mega-riches! No more burdens on my shoulders, able to provide for my family without limits, yes... I'd be a little high on life.

I liked Alton Brown until I saw him on The Next Big Food Network Star.... he just seemed like a HUGE jerk, so I can't watch him anymore and enjoy it.

I actually like to watch The Food Network while I work out (is that weird?). Maybe seeing all the fatty food, makes me feel fat, and helps me work out harder? lol.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #56  

Yikes! Never seen her except on magazine covers.....I've seen her recipes and they seem pretty awful, she just makes everything as fattening and unhealthy as possible and calls herself a gourmet, is what it looks like to me.

Sucking hotdogs is bad enough -- but frying them in butter is the real sin! BLECH!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #57  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think there's a place for even obnoxiously unhealthy food. She can't even eat this way all of the time or she would weigh 800 lbs. I think she's funny, but I think that reflects my background. I have a master's degree in psychology and worked in very professional environments, but my family background is lower middle class, and they all are very blunt and "earthy" (and still finds racy jokes and poo jokes funny).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #58  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

She reminds me of the Sobe life water ads...."fried onions, fried potatoes, fried butter"

If the woman could take a stick of butter, wrap it in butter and deep fry it in butter she would.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #59  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Deep-fried butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think there is a country-western song in that!!!!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #60  
Pending Email Confirmation

aww.. but i wanted bacon wrapped deep fried butter. DARN!

ooh.. i forgot about Curtis he is adorable too.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote