Old 11-30-2006, 02:02 AM   #16  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

So it's sounding like TJ is really that good, huh? I've been hedging on it for awhile, mostly cause I don't have the money for it (and won't for a long time, if things keep on the way they have been), but also cause I've tried things like Minna's Balanced Blend and the cardio was 75% squats and since I am still a novice exerciser it blew my thighs and knees out totally, so I'm really wary of anything that seems even remotely "hardcore" or "dancey". Also, I am terribly uncoordinated and my balance sucks.

Maybe I'll put it on my Yule list. My mom might spring for it, or maybe my dad. He's trying to encourage me in my weight loss, and to a somewhat lesser although more supportive degree, so is my mom.

But it sounds like you guys REALLY love it....You lot are nearly enough to convince me.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #17  
Melissa

Nikaia, it's worth giving tj a try. It can be as dancey or not as dancey as you like. She encourages low-impact for those who need it, and there are a couple of people who always demonstrate doing the moves without moving feet from the floor. Anyway, let us know what you decide!

I can't do TJ right now, unfortunately. My DH is laying down laminate flooring and it's taking longer than we thought it would (of course!!). Anyway, the house is a disaster and there's no room to TJ. It stinks! Hopefully it will be finished by Monday. I think I have a sinus infection anyway, so I'm not feeling too hot. Plus I have to write two papers (I'm in grad school).
Anyway, I hope that the rest of you are doing well!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 174/170.8/155

Height: 64 inches

Well ITS HERE! I'm going to start the Lose 10 pounds, 10 inches in 10 days. Has anyone tried this? I'm so excited. Well good luck to everyone.
misflan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #19  
Melissa

Very exciting! I keep hearing about the ten day thing...is it in the packet somewhere and I just missed it? I plan on starting over as soon as I'm well. I definitely don't think it will hurt anything.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #20  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Just wanted to say Hi, I am currently doing Walk away the pounds and will be ordering my Turbo Jam in about 2 weeks. Will finally be able to afford it. Can'twait to get started,
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #21  

Hello,

I have a question about turbo jam. Do these exercises require you to get down on the floor...then up again...then down on the floor again? I have been doing the workouts on FitTV, and they seem to require you to get down on the floor a lot, which I do not like! I would like to find a workout that doesn't require so much of that...hopefully one where I would be standing the whole time. My knees and elbows have been sore from doing the workouts on FitTV.

Thanks!
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #22  

I have been doing Turbo Jam for about 3 months. There is one tape that you need to do on the floor, but it's the abs one. It has one section for abs standing up and one lying down...you can choose only to do the standing up one. I love the Cardio Party DVD's, I have the first two and I am planning on getting the third one. I just love them, they keep me going with the great music. You should try them, they are great. You can get the tapes seperatley on Ebay. Hope this helped you!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #23  

Hello! I ordered TJ last week and am waiting anxiously for the UPS man to show up... how long does it take? grrrr.

Hopefully I will join you in this chat soon!
ChristinaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #24  
Melissa

Yeah, how exciting! everyone!

Obsidianbbw, hi there! I have WWTP too and like them, but TJ is a much better workout. You can really feel it!

Hi Starzzy, like was said above, TJ doesn't do floor work much (I haven't even gotten to the ab one yet). She does standing ab work--and it's really true. When you do those standing crunches you can feel the burn.

Hi MookieMunchkin!

Oh, yes, I got TJ (the whole set, just as they sell on beach body) on ebay and saved about $20.

ChristinaMarie, let us know when you start! I'm going to be starting back probably mid-week.

Last edited by septembersgoal; 12-05-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #25  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Melissa!

Just found your post today!

Yes, I use Turbo Jam right along with quite a few other DVDs. I get bored easily and like to mix it up! Most recently I have been doing step aerobics. Both Turbo Jam and step aerobics really make me SWEAT! I feel like I am getting a really good workout with both of them.

How's it going for you?

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 174/170.8/155

Height: 64 inches

Ok Si i still haven't started. Bad me. I'm going to give it my all and start tomorrow. Anyone want to start with me??????
misflan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #27  

ugh... still have not received it. Why do they say free EXPRESS shipping when it takes over a week to get here. It was shipped out a week ago and I will wont get it until probably tomorrow or Thursday. Why call it express why not just say free shipping? lol!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #28  

YAY I got them today! I will probably start off tomorrow with the Learn and Burn!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #29  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Ok.. I am ordering Turbo Jam Maximum Results package after Christmas and I wanted to know if anyone has a coupon or promo code to share? Maybe I can get it earlier with that! I like the Maximum results, because it has 4 DVD's weighted gloves and a resistance band, because personally I dont need all the crud that comes with the other , like diet plans, tape measure. For those of you who havent seen the Maximum Results, I will link you.. http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...RY&path=1,2,21
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #30  

WOW! yesterday I did the learn and burn... I cannot believe how sore I am from that 15min workout! I did it again today first thing when I woke up which was a mistake because towards the end I felt like I was going to pass out! I will probably do the learn and burn workout for a few more days just to get the hang of things.