Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Default Walk Away the Pounds??

Has anyone tried these walk away the lbs dvd's by leslie sansone? If so..did you lose on them? Quick loss or slow loss???

Please..tell me your input...
Angielynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #2  

Smile Watp

I just started using the Walk Away the Pounds, 2 miles, I have use them for approximately 3 weeks, I lost 6lbs the first week and 2 lbs last week. I am also trying to eat clean as well. I use the Walk Away the Pounds, 2 miles, twice, total 4 miles, 5-6 times per week. I am waiting for Leslie's "Walk and Jog" and her WATP, 4 mile to come in the mail.

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 AM   #3  

did you also modify your diet as well...cut calories etc???
Old 01-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Angielynne, I have collected Leslie vids for years. I gave all the VCR ones away eventually but have started collecting DVDs. When I was heavier, before gyms and personal trainers, Leslie was the only form of exercise I could do and I still enjoy doing her workouts ... you can modify them to be more intense as you get more fit ... also responding to your question to chiarij (even though I'm not her ) ... no form of exercise alone will result in permanent weight loss, we do have to modify our diets to eat less and hopefully clean up any bad food habits we have ... so there's no real magic in Leslie or any other video instructor, but anyhow, these are, IMO, great tapes that are an enjoyable form of exercise.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:01 AM   #5  

Yes Angielynne,
I did modify my diet, by eliminating the junk and processed foods at 90% of time...and increased my water consumption.

Chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:19 PM   #6  

Thanks..I have modified my diet and am currently intaking about 1200 calories. I've cut out all the junk foods, and only drink water. I do drink a slim fast shake for lunch along with a protein bar. I've just been wondering if Leslie's dvd's (I'm currently doing the 2mile walk with 2lb weights) are enough exercise to really make a difference in the rate of my loss.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #7  

I have to chime in here and say that I have a treadmill that is collecting dust right now because Leslie's videos are fabulous. I just started my weight loss, so I can't tell you how much I am going to lose from them. I can tell you it's EASY moves. No weird grapevine thing with alternating arms while bending over at the waist and walking on the ceiling... I am SO not coordinated.
grapecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:16 PM   #8  

LOL..I had to laugh at that Veronica because you sound just like me. I always feel dumb doing aerobics videos because I usually stand there trying to figure out how to do what they are doing and by the time I get it..they are on to something else. Then I end up feeling dumb AND defeated. I love the WATP ones though!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #9  
Size 8 Here I Come!

Default I know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapecoffee
I have to chime in here and say that I have a treadmill that is collecting dust right now because Leslie's videos are fabulous. I just started my weight loss, so I can't tell you how much I am going to lose from them. I can tell you it's EASY moves. No weird grapevine thing with alternating arms while bending over at the waist and walking on the ceiling... I am SO not coordinated.

I just started my weight loss as well, and some of the videos are hard to follow.
Redneck Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #10  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I really love Leslie's "Walking away the pounds 2 mile" tape. It's great.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #11  

20 lbs. down and it all started with Leslie Sansone! She wrote a few articles for Woman's Day last year and it really made sense to me. I was given a bunch of her videos and do them fairly regularly. I've gotten tired of listening to Leslie's banter, so I often turn down the volume and listen to a book on tape. Once you've got the hang of the "moves" you can do them without the tape, too. My house is too small for a treadmill or elliptical, so I do lots of Leslie moves while watching favorite TV shows. She has a good book, Walk Away the Pounds, and her articles might still be available at the Woman's Day website. I got the book from the library. It made a lot of sense and helped me to get off my lazy butt!

I didn't make diet changes at first, and still lost weight. I've lost more weight since watching what I eat more closely, but as I ate relatively healthfully before, it was the exercise I truly needed. When I was a kid, Mom would send me outside to play, and I'd go sit in a lawn chair and read. Exercise was never my "thing." Now I've realized I have to move more if I'm going to be healthy!

Good luck!
English_teacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #12  

Height: 5'3

I love WATP! This is because a lot of workout videos I have trouble doing because I am so uncordinatied..lol. This is not just because I weigh more..even when I was a lower weight I still had the same trouble. Haha. I have done the 1 mile and didn't feel too challenged so I only did that twice..ever since I've been on the 2 miles. I think I will be ready to move on to the three miles very shortly. I kind of like the stretchie band I have too with her dvd. I think when I get more fit that I will combine DVDs to walk more miles..But I definatley recommend these videos especially to beginners. Leslie is VERY upbeat which is very encouraging. :-) The weather where I live really stinks more than half the year so I can't walk outside as much as I would like to so these help.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #13  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Is it okay if I do the 2mile one twice in one day?
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3

Hmm...If you feel ok with it than I don't see why not. Today I tried the 2 mile and the 1 mile combined and that was alright. So as long as you aren't stressing your body too much than I would think it would be ok. Maybe you should try though using the 2 mile and 1 mile first to see how that goes before moving on to 4 miles.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #15  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Anyone have the 3 mile "for Abs" dvd? Just curious how it is different from the 3 mile advanced walk. I know she suggests you get her belt, but you can do it with free weights as well.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote