Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Slim in 6

I am having a real hard time sticking to any exercise regimen , so I was hoping to find a great program for at home. I have walk away the pounds, but I get bored and I can't stand the instructor. So I'm back here to ask all of you.....
Do you have Slim in 6? Is it a hard program? Do you think it is worth it to buy? Does it really work? I read that some people have it here, but they don't go into much detail about the actual routine. So what do you think? Is it worth it?
Julie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #2  

I don't have Slim and 6- I have some of the slim series tapes which are a follow up to Sin6. I have to say they are really great workouts and if you do them every day and eat correctly you will undoubtably lose weight. However, with the program you get three workouts, the first week you do one, the next week you do another one and then for the last 4 weeks you do the other one. It can get really really boring to do the same workout every single day. I think people have much better luck when they change things up a little bit. Have you seen Project You from Beachbody? I did the full 12 week rotation and it was really great, it had a lot of variety and I lost a lot of weight.

The bottom line is to find something that you like to do that you will be motivated to do every day.

But with all that said they are good tapes that you can grow with (or shrink with rather!)
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #3  

Default Slim in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie78
I am having a real hard time sticking to any exercise regimen , so I was hoping to find a great program for at home. I have walk away the pounds, but I get bored and I can't stand the instructor. So I'm back here to ask all of you.....
Do you have Slim in 6? Is it a hard program? Do you think it is worth it to buy? Does it really work? I read that some people have it here, but they don't go into much detail about the actual routine. So what do you think? Is it worth it?
I have that program and it is really great. I lost 25 lbs in the 6 weeks. I am now on the Slim Series, which are also great. It is hard sometimes but worth it. You have to stick to the plan and don't skip any days. I love working out now. Good luck!!
sasearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #4  

I had the Slim Series and did a SS rotation - the only I got from it was a 1/2 inch BIGGER arm. I liked Kathy Smith's Project You better. For me, Slim Series didn't have enough cardio in it - it was more resistance band training. But that is the Slim Series which is the next series up from the Slim in 6 - I never tried the Slim in 6.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

I did Slim in 6 a few years ago and had great results. I didn't have a lot of weight to lose at the time, but I lost several inches in my hips, abs, and thighs. My arms also got a lot firmer. Then I stepped away from it for awhile. After 6 weeks, you do get tired of the three videos, but it really wasn't too bad. For me, it was worth it.

Now, I'm currently doing the Slim Series (Debbie Seibers' follow up) set. It is more challenging and I'm finding really quick results again. It has been my saving grace during this holiday, high calorie, season.

I would go with the Slim in 6. The actual routine is very simple, there are just a lot of repititions. I don't like learning complicated steps, I just want to sweat. Lots of lunges, squats, and upper body work. An ab section at the end as well. Turn of her music and listen to whatever gets you going and the time should go by pretty quick.
Holly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi all! I do have the SI6 dvd's and although they do work great,I tend to get really bored after a week and a half! Then I just stop doing it.I don't want to discourage anyone from purchasing these tapes,just warn them that you will probably get bored! lol
I will be starting up on SI6 in Jan.06 anyone interested in joining me???
Wendy
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote