Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi ladies!!

Diana- you're right. I haven't subbed since mid Oct. but next week I sub all day Tues, Wed, and Thur morning.

Laura- any fun weekend plans?

today- elip 30 min
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone

Today was a rough one for sure. Asking for a prayer for little Cody. He is in the Vet hospital right now. He got into some poison today. It was in the back room. I didn't even realize we still had that product. It is from 7-10 years ago. Anyways, I got the package and all the info and called the Vet. They called Poison Control and got the necessary treatment info. They opened a case if there was any future contact about this situation. He didn't show any symptoms, so the recommendation was to feed him food, bread, and milk/water mixture. I did that but I noticed some symptoms coming on. I called the Vet again. Due to the time of day and my location, they recommended I take him to the hospital. They forwarded the info from poison control and the case number. I took him to the hospital. He didn't show any symptoms while there, so they suggested that we take him back home. Also, based on the time frame they felt he would have already started showing symptoms. DH took him home and I went back to the shop to workout. I was finishing up and DH called to say that Cody was showing symptoms. I met him back at the hospital. He was having a full blown reaction. Dogs don't normally react this badly but cats do. They decided to treat him for toxicity and keep him for 24 hours.

Cody has been a handful from day one. He is very active and gets in to everything. We have never had a pet that gets into everything like him and it's all we can do to keep him out of things. I pray he gets through this. I feel horrible about this. Please say a prayer for Cody.

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF TLC combined workouts premix w/#1's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone I know you haven't checked in since my post from last night. I am going to copy and past my update from my other check-in. It's easier than rewriting it.

Thank you so much for the good wishes and thoughts. It was a rough night. I tend to obsess and get wound up over things. I decided that I was not going to call the hospital. They said I could call as often as I wanted, but I felt that would fuel my stress. The Dr. said she would call if there were any changes in a negative way and would call first thing this morning with an update. She said no news is good news. All night long I would wake and hear "no news is good news" and try to go back to sleep. I finally got up at 7:30, knowing the Dr. would call around 8:00. The update is that Cody did well through the night and has continued to improve. She (Dr) is expecting to release him tonight when she gets back on her shift. I told her about my stress of recent years (losing both of my parents and previous pet, Magnum) and that I don't have a healthy stress response. I asked her when it would be appropriate to call to check on Cody. She said to call about 2:30 today. I am trying really hard to work on how I deal with stress, after all I have been through. So I will call today at 2:30. I will keep my focus on the things I need to do today instead of running all of this through my head like a nonstop film.

So anyways, I had a nice drop overnight. I dropped some water weight from my last angioedema flare up. I mentioned that I had a flare up but didn't say what caused it. It was Cody and partially DH. I spend a lot of time on the weekends with Cody. Like I said before, he is always in to everything. I can't really get much done unless I keep him in the crate. So last Saturday DH went to the farm. He was going to be plowing the fields so he couldn't take Cody with him. I was trying to get dressed and put on my makeup. I decided to confine Cody to my room (close the door with us in there) so he had limited access to things and I could watch him. It doesn't feel right to keep him crated so much. I was putting on my make up and he jumped up on my leg. I looked down at him and he jumped again and hit me in the mouth. It busted my lip. That was it. I was already so frustrated since it feels like I can't get anything done. I started balling crying. I just kept getting more and more wound up through out the day. When DH got home, I went off on him. I could feel the angioedema coming on. (I feel if I can stop with getting so wound up over things it will help with the angioedema. That's why I am trying to focus on having a healthy response. I feel like I am in a constant Fight or Flight situation and probably have some PTSD going on from all that I have been through). So anyways, back to last weekend. DH took Cody with him last Sunday when he went out and about. OMG! This felt like such a relief! So we decided, at work, it was time to remove Cody from the office where I am. Again, I am on constant alert since he is constantly into everything. We put him at the back of the shop where we had put all of our other dogs during the day. Us putting him back there has really helped with his behavior when we get home. He has calmed down a lot and is less anxious. I guess he is able to burn off some of his energy instead of being confined to the office and/or crate with me. This is where the problem from yesterday came in. We had no idea that the bag of insecticide was there. It was not in the open. It was hidden under some other stuff.

So, hopefully Cody will get through this situation. We need to analyze that area of the shop to make sure there is nothing else that can be problematic. Well see how it goes. Hopefully we can keep that little terrorist alive until he is grown and has calmed down.

Now the next question is whether or not this stress will cause another angioedema flare up. Hopefully not. Time will tell.

ETA: I forgot to mention something. I have heard stories and new mom's and how they feel with their new baby. This is exactly how I have been feeling with Cody. Crazy!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #49  

Diana- wow, that's so scary. I'm praying for Cody. He sounds too naughty to be down long Just like at school... I always say the naughty ones never get sick. He sounds like such a handful. I understand the stress that comes from being a dog mom.. hang in there. Keep us posted. Hopefully, tonight he'll be home and tomorrow running around.

Laura- hi

I dropped 2 pounds this week. Baby steps in the right direction
today- walk the dogs & cleaning house
Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone
I was able to stay busy today and try to keep my focus on the things that I needed to do and NOT call and harass the people at the hospital about Cody. I waited and called at exactly 2:30 like the vet said. Not a minute sooner or later. The tech said that Cody has continued to improve and everything looks good with him. Through this situation, none of his labs or vitals have been out of range. Cody's original vet will be back at 6 PM to assess his status. She said to give her some time to do her rounds and to deal with emergency cases. If we haven't heard from her by 8 PM to give her a call.

I am trying really hard not to get wound up over all of this. When I get wound it it causes the angioedema to flare up. I swear I am always a work in progress with something. Also, I am very proud of the fact that I haven't stressed eaten over this either. Just trying to keep the focus on where it needs to be and keep everything at an appropriate level.

Teacher Thank you for the support. Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

The Cody Bear is back! It was so funny when the tech brought him out. Cody was bounding, jumping and dragging the poor guy. Then DH was sitting there in shock. He thought he would come out walking slow like he didn't feel well. He doesn't seem to have any side effects from all of this. Hopefully everything will be fine from here on out. Thank you very much for all the support and well wishes. I appreciate being able to come here to post my thoughts and get support from everyone about these life challenges.

I'm glad that I had our Vet called poison control and started a case about this situation. The hospital also had to follow up with poison control several times to get information. It was easy to get the necessary information once the case was started. Also, a friend of ours had a similar situation with his dog. He called poison control himself and it was a huge pain because he was on hold forever, etc. I think the Vets have a different access to the people in the know.

I kept my eating in check and didn't stress eat today.

I took a rest day, no workout.

Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-16-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #52  

Diana- wonderful news!!! I'm so glad Cody is home. He's such a trooper coming home full of energy. I'm super impressed by your willpower to stay on plan.

today- finishing cleaning the house & elip 30 min
Old 11-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Teacher What helped with the focus to stay on plan was HOUSE WORK! I got a major amount of stuff done! Good job with cleaning and the elliptical. House cleaning is hard work!

I didn't do any yoga last night since I was exhausted.

I just did the Twist section from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for your week. I will get to my regular workout later.

Enjoy your day!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt plus Legs premix w/#8's
KCM's 30 MTF Trim Down Boxing Drills w/#1's

Enjoy your evening!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great start to your week!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp Workout

I am feeling tired today. I think it's from the interrupted sleep this weekend and TTOM starting.

Tomorrow is DH's and my anniversary. I think I mentioned about the favorite/best restaurants in our area. I wanted to work my way through some of them. We have decided to try the best rated Thai restaurant for our anniversary. We will go there tomorrow. We always close at lunch the day before Thanksgiving. We are planning to go to the best rated Indian restaurant that day. We have never been to an Indian restaurant and DH is very nervous about it. The good thing is that they have a lunch buffet. That will give us a variety of options to choose from.

Something funny from this weekend. When the Vet called me on Saturday she said that Cody wasn't eating the food they provided. She said it was wet food. I told her that Cody only eats dry kibble. Today I was reading through all of his report. I saw where he refused food, then she notated that she spoke with me, then the entry said that they gave him kibble and he ate it. From then on, they gave him kibble and he ate it. Now here's the funny part. It kept saying that he was refusing water and wouldn't drink. Cody drinks a lot of water, but we give him filtered water! That bad puppy has become spoiled and picky. On the faucet at the house we have a Pur filter and at the shop I use a Pur Pitcher. When we got home on Saturday night he drank a full bowl of water! He refused the hospital's tap water! He is so spoiled and bad! I don't even want to hear that I made him like that, LOL.

Enjoy your evening!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #57  

Diana- your post about Cody cracked me up!!! Soooo sweet! Happy early anniversary!!!!

Laura- hi

today- elip 30 min
Old 11-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

I decided to do a stretch workout since I am sore from the Rodney Yee yoga workout on Sunday.

Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio

Teacher Thank you! I put Cody out back again today and made sure there was nothing harmful around. He still found something that he could manage to bite and pull on. I swear he is bad! I brought him back in the office and put him in the crate. I swear he will grow up in the crate! At least he will be safe.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #60  

Diana- Happy Anniversary!!!! How was your dinner?

Laura- hi

Sub today It was a good but long day!

today- elip 30 min