Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Ilaria Powerstrike 5

TTOM and PMS is kicking my butt today! I feel like total crap!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- i had the same problem last week. take care

Laura- good news on the dog!!! I'm sorry about your mom. Keep us posted.

today- stretches... subbed so no bike ride
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #63  

hi all-
Down 2 pounds this week... it was 3 yesterday but went back up. Weight loss is slowing down At least it's moving down.

today- 20 min bike ymca
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Nice weight loss teacher!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Diana, how are you feeling today?

Mom is doing very well and I spent the day in Boston with her. She's recovering and we're hoping that the margins are clear so she doesn't have to go through radiation.

Haven't worked out yet today but still may as I;m feeling stressed!

Have a wonderful weekend! Anyone have plans?
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-in: LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Great job on the 2 pounds! That's actually a perfect rate of loss. They say you should look for 1 to 2 pounds per week. You are doing great.

Laura I'm feeling better today. I was feeling pretty wicked yesterday and last Saturday. Last Saturday I could have hurt someone and not had any remorse. I'm glad your Mom is doing well. I will say a prayer that she does not need radiation, is able to stay as healthy as possible, and recovers quickly.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to workout. I went to my Mom's house to do some more work today. I have actually been up there a few hours each weekend. I can tell that I have made a dent in the stuff. Although, I swear those crazy purses get their freak on while I am away during the week and are multiplying worse than rabbits. I haven't even attempted to deal with the purses, yet.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #67  

Laura- praying for your mom

Diana- your post on the purses cracked me up!!!!

Spent the day running errands with the DH. I have PT tomorrow.. off to do my stretches

Last edited by teacher1; 01-20-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #68  

Hello!

Diana, too funny on the purses I wonder what music they also play when they're parting

Teacher and Diana- thanks for your kind words and prayers for my mom She's home now!

Today Combat 30. Getting back on track...missed a lot of workouts last week.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #69  

Hi ladies

Had PT today & getting frustrated. In the beginning, I saw progress but now not so much The PT said another 2 weeks for 2x a week and then we'll see. I know it wouldn't be a quick fix since it's been messed up for a year. Baby steps...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the Endo. I will report back when I find out the results. My thyroid issues have worsened since my Mom passed away over the Summer. It has caused me to struggle with my weight and it's been very difficult to maintain.

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Today was suppose to be the LM Hiit 1. I didn't have any Hiit, power, or plyo in me tonight. Today is day 9 of TTOM. I needed something fun, so that called for TF!

Laura I think those crazy purses are singing a little Marvin Gaye, Let's Get it On.

Teacher Sorry to hear about the frustration. I hoping you will show improvement in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-21-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Quick update from the Endo. My thyroid numbers are still not where she wants them to be. She wants to re-check in 4 months. I am still struggling with my weight, so I told her about my diet and exercise. I wanted to discuss this in case she thought I needed to make some changes. I told her that I normally workout 7 days a week, once in a while I have to miss a day, though. I also told her that I workout 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. She agreed that I cannot increase that any. I told her about my calorie range and that prior to this issue I was still losing in this range. I asked her if I should lower my calories some. She said "No". She said "What I want you to do is to keep doing what you have been doing all along . . and to have patience with yourself." She said that I have been very hypothyroid and my body has been through a lot this year. She also said that once my numbers are right, it still might take a little while for everything to get back in sync.

So, the Dr's advice is to keep doing what I have been doing and to have patience.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #72  

Diana- I'm glad you got some answers.... sometimes the hardest thing to do is just keep plugging along. It's good the doctor wants you to stay on the same track. Having TOM for 9 days would make me super moody. Hang in there.

Laura- hi, do you normally workout before or after school?

I did my 20 min bike at the y. My husband and I have been talking about me returning to work next year. We might sell our house since it keeps dropping in value and we want to be closer to work & family. Some days I'm bored and want to be back in the classroom and other days, I want to stay home since we want to start a family. It's hard to know what to do. Of course, teaching jobs mostly start popping up in April and May for the next school year so I have some time. It's been stressing me out a little. I guess the only thing I can do is pray and see what job positions open up.

Last edited by teacher1; 01-22-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #73  

Hey all!

Diana - You're so healthy with eating and working out. It will all even out. I've heard that thyroid numbers can be very tricky...it's quite a balance with meds, right? Can stress also be a factor?

Teacher - keep with the PT. You'll see progress, I know you will. It can be a hard choice to go back to work or not. Perhaps just keep your eyes open and see if the right school comes up. You're right, this is when they will start posting...soon.

I workout in the evenings, always. I just can get up before 5:30 as I tend to be a night person and usually stay up until 11 - 12.

Combat 30 tonight. Did workout today but I have to admit I missed a lot of workouts last week. I feel so much more like me having worked out tonight. Back on track!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #74  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit

I did this workout in place of LM Hiit Shock Plyo. I was going to add on a short cardio workout, but ran out of time because of some computer issues.

This will be a quick post. I had some computer/monitor issues at work today. I tried to address them after we ate dinner. Ugh! But I ended up staying there until 10 PM and still couldn't figure it out. I have a Dell monitor. Something happened over night, who knows what. When it used to go into hibernation mode, the screen could go black. Now the screen will go through the various colors. Meaning the whole screen will be blue, then red, then green, then yellow, etc. The picture is clear but something crazy has happened and I don't don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

The thyroid issue is definitely frustrating. The good thing is that my numbers are coming down. Also, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong to cause the struggles that I am going through and there are labs/numbers to support me. I was really scared that the Dr. would say cut my calories, but she didn't. I know how I am with food and I don't want to get hungry. The thyroid controls your metabolism and the rate that you gain/lose weight. She said to keep everything the same for now. Actually it seems like in the last year, I have shortened my workouts since some of them were more intense. I don't think making any changes will help in any way since all of this is controlled by my thyroid. On the rotation rest days, I will make sure I get the longer cardio workouts in.

Teacher I think praying on it is a good idea. The right path will show itself to you.

Laura We were posting at the same time. Yes, stress is what caused all of this in the first place. My meds have been regulated for a few years. They were adjusted down with my weight loss. My Mom got sick and passed away and everything got out of whack again. Hopefully things will regulate again. It is so hard trying to maintain since the thyroid is what controls your metabolism.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-22-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #75  

Hi ladies!!!

Diana- I'm no help with computers... I hope it gets fixed soon. Hopefully, your health will calm down... you've had such a busy year with losing your mom and your big trip.

Laura- glad you're feeling back to normal