Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #76  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I tried to follow the diet plan but honestly couldn't because of my job - I can't sneak out and eat meals at certain times! I also have irregular hours, I could be working mornings, afternoons, most of the time I'm working the evenings until the early morning.

But what I would say is that I learnt A LOT by just reading the nutrition guide and working out how many calories I should be eating and what sort of foods I should be consuming. So even though I don't stick to the diet plan as strictly as I should be, the knowledge is still there and it does guide my every day decisions.

On a more personal note, I've not been sticking to Insanity as I would have hoped to. My dog had to be put to sleep last week, she took a turn for the worse and then we had to let her go so there were 4 days where I just didn't want to work out. I felt so physically drained that I couldn't handle it. Strangely enough, I lost 3 lbs that week - a record for me since I tend to lose 1 lb a week.

This week is a fresh new start and I had a slip up yesterday (just felt like having a lazy day/period monster showed it's ugly face!) but I'm hoping to stay on track for the rest of the week.

I'm on week 8 now, so just 2 weeks and then I'll start all over again. Even though I've had my falls during this Insanity challenge, I'm going to do it for round 2 and this time really dedicate myself to it. I've had a few weeks where I've just blatantly not done it! So for round 2 it's my aim to stick with it, keep consistent and try really hard during the workouts.

I have a weird attention span for workouts, and I think my dedication was waning a bit, but I figured there is no better home workout video for me and the weather is just too cold right now and I really dislike the gym! So I have to realise that Insanity is perfect for me and really find that enjoyment again. Hopefully staying accountable will help!

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-09-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #77  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Fifi... I completely know where you are coming from. Sounds like you are just like I was... as far as the snacking... I was like a 14/15 when I started and was the same way, knew I would have to do at LEAST 2 rounds. I think it helps when you don't have super high expectations. Most of the people I know expect to lose just as much as I did and then are really bummed they didn't. It is all how much you want to give...

Here is some stuff about Clean Eating -CLEAN it up- (I am planning on adding recipe links too today sometime) I have NEVER ever dieted in my life... but I went into this diet DESPERATELY wanting to take off weight and I knew for me since I am so darn impatient I had to do something with Insanity to get results faster LOL.

an example of what I eat on the average day

B- Whole wheat cream of wheat (no sugar) and fruit
snack- protein drink
L- brown rice and boneless skinless chicken, steamed vegys (optional)
snack- Protein drink
D- Salad or veggy wrap

water to drink... no soda... I do have coffee (it is the one thing I REFUSE to give up!!)

I try to keep my carbs all AM/afternoon so that I can burn them off before evening. I am pretty busy so the rice and chicken I cook up ahead of time and freeze (easier when you got kids to do it that way... and I'm lazy by nature hahaha)

Either way like you said as long as you work the program you will get where you want to be!!

RIESTRELLA- Long time no see!!

Sorry to hear about your dog ... that sucks!

We all slip here and there... just got to pick yourself back up and keep digging. I have had a few days myself. Actually just re-started my round 2...

Glad to see you back here!! I think we are all that is left now from out original group!
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #78  
alimperru

S/C/G: 177.7/173.3/135

Height: 65 inches

i finally got my insanity dvds from a friend. im nervous about starting its very intimedating!help!
Alimperru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #79  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Did Max Interval Plyo yesterday, I CAN'T DO PUSH UPS TO SAVE MY LIFE. Seriously, I feel like I'm just a massive failure! I also don't have great flexibility around my lower back (I suffered from problems for years from after an accident) so I can't quite 'snap' into the standing position in the power push ups. I'm such a girl!

A few people have commented on my shoulders before, saying they look more round, I never really noticed until a few days ago, I think I see the change! Even though I suck at all the shoulder moves, it's nice to see my body sculpting!

Melissa - Thanks hun, it's great that you restarted round 2 after a bad start, I think sometimes it takes is just a "ok, take 2!" and then you're back in the game.

Alimp - Honestly? Just dive right in there! Read the guide, watch the dig deeper video and then just get right in there. The fit test is first, just do your best and don't worry too much about your results - those beasts on the video are machines! You're going to feel super tired and super sore, I did too, but it DOES get easier I promise!!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #80  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimperru View Post
i finally got my insanity dvds from a friend. im nervous about starting its very intimedating!help!
Alimperru- YOU can DO IT! It is intimidating but that is what makes it do AWESOME to finish... you just have to WANT it!

"The trick is to go at your own pace! Don't go trying to keep up with Shaun T. and the rest of those MANIACS! Those guys have already completed this program before filming, and you my friend are just getting started! So in the beginning go at your own pace, but challenge yourself, get sweaty and work hard, but don't give yourself a heart attack! "The journey to fitness is a MARATHON, not a SPRINT"... You will get better the further you go! And believe it or not your results will be BETTER for it... Don't give up, and don't get discouraged..."

Rie- I miss max Plyo... how fricken sick and wrong is that LOL...
Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #81  
Completely INSANE

Everyone still digging deep????
Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #82  

Yup!

I did cardio recovery yesterday and did a rest day today. Worked out Tuesday, Thurday, Friday, and Saturday.

I've realized it's way too difficult for me to specifically follow his cal. and do this video on this day. With my work schedule and random business trips/business dinners throughout the week, despite my best intentions, I'll find myself not being able to miss a day.

But, even if it takes me twice as long to complete it, I'm still going to complete it. I'm not going to give up and throw in the towel, will do my best to do another day tomorrow evening!
Bubblepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #83  
Completely INSANE

That's the best attitude to have! Don't feel bad... I have talked to a LOT of people about Insanity and VERY few do it all 6 days... the thing is at least you are doing it!!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #84  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I'm the same, I miss workouts loads =/. I need a lot of space to do it so I have to use my front room, and later at night it's being used my the parentals so I can't do it after work sometimes. But as long as we try our best and push super hard when we DO manage to find the time then we'll see results!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #85  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I'm on my last week this week before I start over! I've been seriously slacking but I'm hoping to leave on a high note and then start from Day 1 again and stay on top of it like I did before. I have to if I want to see RESULTS! I think Phase 2 is hard just because of how long it is. An hour of working out sometimes feels like 3 hours!! I miss my 30-40 minute workouts, haha!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #86  

Hi guys-

derailed yet again with more mandatory overtime. Quite frustrating!!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #87  

hey guys!
well, i did exactly what i said i wouldnt and checked the scale. i didnt do insanity for the following 4 days, it was terrible. maybe im more motivated with less information?
i decided not to start over though and just continue and try to forget the nasty lie the scale told me about myself and push through. i mean, ive already decided to start over right after this, so i'll just do better next time.
regarding my diet, i started eating breakfast! not every day, but definitely more frequently than before. oddly, the days i ate breakfast, i snacked waaaaay less throughout the day. so all this time my body was telling me it was hungry. huh.
anyway, hows everyone's workout going? what day is everyone on?
FifiFierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 AM   #88  

ps
riestrella- sorry to hear about your puppy!
melissa lynn- i saw your video! holy crap how did you jump so high off the ground and your results are awesome!!
FifiFierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #89  

Rare day where I had a strange burst of energy!

I did Cardio Power Resistance today!
Felt good doing it!
Had a healthy eating day too, meat salads for lunch and dinner.

Going to try to do my best tomorrow too!

Btw Fifi, good job on the breakfast!

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper!

Diana

Last edited by Bubblepop; 11-16-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #90  
Completely INSANE

Fifi... Thanks!! hahaha I am honestly not sure how I get that kind of air on the power jumps... It has to be from doing track way back in the day... long jump and high jump... it's the only thing I can think of... I even thought maybe it was a fluke but nope hahaha

I have pure cardio and cardio abs today... really have to kick my butt into gear and bust it out!