Old 09-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 248/238/148

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Riestrella! Congratulations on going 11 days. I'm already on day 4 and wondering how the **** I actually did this for 4 days without wanting to quit. Lol.
I'm glad to see that everyone else is holding up well.
Cardio recovery was wonderful, except for the fact that I have no balance. :/
I tried doing the flatback thing where you lean straight forward on one leg and stick the other one out in front of you, and ended up taking a head first tumble into my piano. (I'm doing my workouts in my room, and I don't really have a lot of space).
I didn't hurt myself or anything, it just made me want to tear up my yoga mat. My legs are all spastic-y from all the yoga-esque stuff this morning, but I'm feeling good.
JessicasInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasInsanity View Post
Hi Riestrella! Congratulations on going 11 days. I'm already on day 4 and wondering how the **** I actually did this for 4 days without wanting to quit. Lol.
I'm glad to see that everyone else is holding up well.
Cardio recovery was wonderful, except for the fact that I have no balance. :/
I tried doing the flatback thing where you lean straight forward on one leg and stick the other one out in front of you, and ended up taking a head first tumble into my piano. (I'm doing my workouts in my room, and I don't really have a lot of space).
I didn't hurt myself or anything, it just made me want to tear up my yoga mat. My legs are all spastic-y from all the yoga-esque stuff this morning, but I'm feeling good.
Thank you!! I wonder how I made it through the fit test sometimes, haha! Keep up the good work, I promise you your body starts to not feel like it's dying after a while!! I used to wake up feeling like I couldn't move, but now I feel all limber in the morning =).

Haha, be careful!! I've got cardio recovery today too, and in good timing since my back is still a bit stiff.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #18  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hey Girls!

Okay so I didn't get up early AGAIN this morning, I was SOOOOOO tired! I new I would be regretting it when I had to bust out Max Cardio Conditioning but I just couldn't haul my sorry a$$ out of bed LOL! So, I went to the gym and did cardio and a full body circuit with my friend I am training, and then had to come home and work it out. OMG that SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was really terrible lol! There were a few times where I just laid on my floor and told Shaun T that I was tired and to stop torturing me HAHA! He didn't care . It was good though, I feel much better after finishing so now I don't have to stress about doing it all day lol! Hope you all did better than me today, I didn't feel kick a$$ today, I felt like I was getting an a$$ kicking lol!!!!

Rie-I AM SO PROUD Of HOW AWESOME YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up girl! Don't you love the feeling you get after you are done?! It's like you just did something so crazy, and your body should be totally dead but you feel energized and ready to go! Don't be scared of month 2, it is tough but month 1 really builds a good base for it. It kicks your butt from here to Tuesday even after doing month 1 but it isn't so out of the realm of possibility that you feel like you can't do it. So stay strong! I can't wait for your BF to see you after you finish . His jaw will hit his shoes lol!

Jess-Hope it is going well today . The soreness should start fading here soon. You will start to notice that you aren't "feeling" your muscles as badly when you start warm up and it takes less time for them to get going lol! Stay with it, you will see good results I promise!

Okay girls, have to go check on baby girl, I think she is up from nap. Hope you all had fun with Shaun T and digging deeper! One more day till "rest" lol!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #19  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

What up Chickies???

Ok so ya know what sucks... when you have lost some weight and are starting to feel good, then you look in the mirror and still feel like you are at "ground zero"... think my inpatients is starting to get me down a little... which sucks because I am normally not a "downer" person! Idk... all I know is that my sides & ribs are starting to firm up but my "poochie- muffin top" feels like it is more pronounced than ever... I guess that is what happens in the weight loss process..... sucks knowing this is just the first stop and a very long road to get where I want to be. I knew going in I wasn't gonna finish round one and come out looking like Shaun T, but there was a smidgen of "Hope" that the "Change" (Real change not "Obama Change") would come a little faster but like I said I know it is my "inpatients" getting the best of me!! I try to look at my day one pic and say to myself "look how far you have come", but it just doesn't help sometimes... I guess it is true "we are our own worst critics"... someone needs to slap me LOL...

Had Max recovery the day before yesterday and it was AWESOME, definitely needed all the deep stretching, but the pace of it drives me a little nutty... I swear it feels like it takes FOREVER!!

Max Interval Circuit yesterday... Still can not get the floor switch kicks... thinking because I still need a lot of work on the abs... hopefully by the next round I will have em down. I am going to start adding crunches everyday to get some more abdominal definition and strength. Did about 120 after the vid so we will see if it starts helping... gonna try to get up to 200 a day.

Day 55 Core Cardio and Balance (today)... oh the joy of being almost finished with round 1... and the pain of knowing I will be starting it all over again as soon as I finish! I feel accomplished knowing I did it (almost... still 8 days left), when so many have failed... definitely a pride booster considering some people in my family though this would be "To Hard" for me... Hahahaha MoFo's who is laughing now... ME!!! But at this point I honestly just want to get in there and get round two done so I can start p90x...

On another note anyone check out hip hop abs yet? My cousin bought it and sent me a clip... unreal... Shaun T is almost a completely different person than he is in insanity... from drill Sargent... idk what LOL... crazyness!!!

Been having some beachbody people on facebook trying to talk me into being a coach... but not sure that is for me. I don't do the ********** and and I'm a cheap a$$... I am not a buyer so I don't think I would be a good seller hahaha

Rie: Yup this is my first round... day 55 Unreal that I have made it this far!! Technically day 69... I restarted two weeks in when I got serious about nutrition. I figured if I was doing something this hardcore I wanted to get the max results and benefits from it... So far I have lost about 20lbs and 7.5 inches off my waist!! My goal weight was 130 but I have kinda tossed that out the window... Feel like I have been building so much muscle that I might not get down to it... I guess if I do great but either was as long as I can go to the beach and look good in a bikini I don't care what I weigh LOL.

I love the dripping sweat too! I have never ever sweated like this before and I agree about the cheesy things Shaun T says... LOVE it and his timing is always perfect!!

Have you always been a runner?

Jess: your balance will come. I was horrible in the beginning for being able to hold stretches and the whole balance thing... now I feel like I am CRAZY flexible... I don't think I have EVER been able to get as deep into the stretches as I can now.. kinda loving it!! Hahaha I know what you mean... thought the SAME thing my first week.. "wtf was I thinkin... and how did I survive this long without quittin"... I still feel like that some days LOL

Munster: Got my a$$ kicked the last couple days too! Think I might be getting sinus stuff... weather change and all... ugggg... sucks! Oh well at least we are still doing it!! Wheeeeeeew Month two is really starting to take it tole on me hahaha... my a$$ muscles and legs have been a little on the sore side the last couple days! Been doing some extra stretches throughout the day to relax em a little, I have to give you some major props for doing a whole second month two... I will be so SO so glad to be going back to month one hahahaha
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #20  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

So had Core Cardio and Balance today. I like this workout, it is a nice break from the craziness of the Max workouts lol! My sister babysat for me last night and was here when I was doing it this morning, but she has a soccer game tomorrow and wasn't able to workout with me. She watched and was like "This is an EASY workout? Are you serious?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I cracked up! I told her yes it was easy and I was so happy because it is SHORT lol! That made me happy . I have been just getting my butt kicked lately and was glad for the break. I think tomorrow I might hit a long, moderate cardio session and then stretch for half an hour just to feel more loose. Anyway, I have 2 weeks to go on Month 2 Round 2 and I am STOKED!!! Hoping everyone had a good day digging deeper, and let's hit next week hard ladies!

Melissa-I know exactly what you mean. My stomach is definitely better, my waist has shrunk, my sister told me how "ripped" my legs are, I can tell a difference in my arms, but I still feel "fat". That is after 2 rounds! I think it really is perception and how we know we WANT to look, but that won't come after 2 months or even 4 months. It is going to take us a bit longer because we are starting in a different place than those cast members. They came in to this workout already in fantastic shape (most of them anyway) or doing jobs/careers that required them to stay in fantastic shape already. Don't get down, just know that you WILL get there, and that the different points in the road you are SO MUCH FARTHER THAN BEFORE YOU STARTED!!!!! You can do it! I think the abs is a good idea, I actually added in two days of Pilates classes (which is basically an hour straight of core work) to try to sculpt and focus solely on the abs lol! I think especially after babies it's really hard to get those abs back BUT WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Okay girls, gotta go but hopefully we have a nice day tomorrow not getting yelled at . Here's to a new week of a$$ kicking lol!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #21  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! I'm on daaaay...*checks* 13! It was Cardio Power & Resistance today. I'm kinda sad I don't get another day off until Thursday because of my early rest day!! Eep! Today sucked because the weather is still stupidly hot and our country is just not equipped for it! The sweat was dripping from me, with every bead of sweat that falls from me I give myself a metaphorical high five because let's face it - it's pretty awesome working out that hard that your fat is crying.

Those power jump things are STUPID!! I can barely get off the ground! And then when they start doing them fast I just feel like dying! I also have a hard time stretching sometimes, like I just can't hold it for quite as long as perhaps I should? It's those darn hip flexor (sp?) stretches that trouble me! Maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it all that I'm overcompensating o_O. I also fail hardcore at the V push ups...or any of the push ups. I don't know why but my shoulders are so ridiculously weak!

It's my first Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs session tomorrow. I'll have to do it super late because I'm working and then meeting with a friend after work...but I MIGHT be able to squeeze it in when I get home from work! We'll see!

munster - That's funny about your sister! Well done for sticking with this craziness despite being so busy!! I may be scared, but I am ready for it and excited for that sh!t!! Didn't you say it was the best fat burning week during the first week of Phase 2? Hahaha, I actually think about him seeing me every day!! It makes me feel awesome, and reminds me of the benefits of this self inflicted torture. Sometimes I feel like it's just around the corner, and I just hope I can reach below 150 lbs in time!! But if not, then hey ho at least I'll be close. Perhaps I'll be doing Insanity while I'm there and make him do it with me. Would love to see that! It would be Round 3 at that point!

Melissa - I think you are your own worse critic, and you'll always been slightly obsessive with your appearance despite it not being bad at all from an outsiders perspective. You have come such a long way, and you're only getting better. But I can completely relate to the impatience side of weight loss - sometimes I wish I could fast forward time and be at my goal! Just keep going, don't get disheartened, you'll get there but it WILL take time!
Holy wow, 20 lbs is amazing!!! Jebus, I wish I could lose that much in that short amount of time!! Well done you!! Definitely agree with you about the goal weight, as long as I'm in the healthy BMI zone and as long as I feel good and look good then I'm not too obsessive! It really disheartens me when girls have this goal weight and they get so bummed out if they're not there yet. Because chances are they look thin and healthy!!
Yeah, I've always been a runner. I didn't do it at school or anything, but when I was 19 I started running and lost a lot of weight from it and really enjoyed it. It was only in June that I started to focus on it again and ran a 10k, and I still would love to run but the weather is so random that I can't rely on it any more! Insanity is very much kicking my *** the same way running does so I love both =).
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #22  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hi all! Hope you're all sweating with Mr. T still!

Completed Day 15 today which means another Fit Test! Here are my results (first number is day 1, second number is day 15):
Switch Kicks: 46 - 55
Power Jacks: 39 - 42
Power Knees: 60 - 85
Power Jumps: 22 - 28
Globe Jumps: 6 - 10
Suicide Jumps: 7 - 12
Push-Up Jacks: 16 - 20
Low Plank Oblique: 36 - 45

So an improvement all around! I think you can tell which are my weakest areas - I HATE SUICIDE JUMPS! Gah! I hate all jumping actually haha.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 248/238/148

Height: 5' 7"

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. I went out of town with a few of my friends for the weekend to see a stage production of West Side Story (I'm majoring in musical theatre in college, so I get really nerdy and excited about plays and stuff :P)
I'm even excited that I actually ate pretty healthy this weekend. We did go get chinese food for dinner one night, but I got chicken and broccoli with brown rice, so I don't think I did too bad. I brought protein bars for breakfast both days, apples for snacks, drank plenty of water and made peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, so I think I did pretty good.
I did miss ONE workout on Saturday. But for the rest of the week, I was right with it. I did all my workouts. I even warmed up for 15 minutes on the treadmill first and then went jogging for a half hour with my dog afterward every day. I followed my calories to a T. I only went maybe plus or minus 30-50 everyday.
So, the point that I'm getting to in all of this.... I GAINED 0.2 OF A POUND.
I'll be honest girls, I'm super discouraged. I don't know what I did wrong.
I did my measurements. They haven't changed since I measured them a few days ago.
I know I'm doing my workouts and water right, the only thing that I can think that I'm screwing up on somehow is my calories.

My BMR is 1916. It said in Shaun T's Nutrition guide to multiply by between 1.55-1.75 for "Moderately to Very Active" with doing Insanity and all.
I didn't know which one to do, so I took the middle road.
I multiplied by 1.6 and got 3,065.Then I was supposed to minus 500 for weight loss. And that gave me 2,565.
And I thought.. that's a crapload of calories.... I don't eat that many even in normal everyday stuff. So I minused 1000 instead, giving me 2,065.
And I eat really good stuff too. I've been doing whole grain cereal, fruit and yogurt, chicken and vegetables, raw almonds or walnuts, and salad with flaxseed, oil and vinegar.
I still feel like I'm eating A LOT. Every night before I go to bed I feel like I completely stuffed myself, but I'm afraid to go lower on my calories because I don't want to screw up on my calories. But I feel like I could easily minus another 300 calories from my diet.
Does anyone have any advice? :/
What should I do?
JessicasInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #24  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Max Interval Circuit today . For real, so killer! Busted it out 545am and got it done woohoo! Don't have to see Shaun T until 545 tomorrow morning haha! Hit the gym afterwards and did some running/weights and feel super self righteous and good about today already . Hoping that we all had a good day digging deeper and that we all see a good loss this week!

Rie-GREAT JOB ON THE FIT TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love seeing those numbers go up every time lol! Makes you feel like a serious bad a$$ right? LOL. Suicide jumps to suck, I think that my least favorite thing is hmmm, Power Jumps lol! Man those suck no matter when you are doing them lol! Keep working, you are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!1

Jess-DON'T GET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! From a physiological perspective your body MUST have water (H2O) because for muscle repair you need oxygen. So one of the best ways for your body to keep tons of oxygen around is to hold on to water. If you want to lower that, you want to drink at least about 100 oz per day (most days I drink about 150 oz) and even then sometimes I retain water. That combined with the fact that you ARE BUILDING MUSCLE are going to result in fluctuations. As I am sure you know, muscle weighs more than fat, it is denser and also burns more calories at rest. So combine more muscle with water retention and you get that .2 gain. I honestly wouldn't stress about it, I hit a gain/maintain period between weeks 3-4. I was seriously p!ssed! LOL! But then I kept with it and just really was careful with my cals, and it went back to losing again. STICK WITH IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT I PROMISE! I lost about 12 lbs with the first round by just doing Insanity and the calorie counting. You will see results I promise!

Alright ladies, let's keep digging and get it done with Shaun T this week .
Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #25  
Completely INSANE

Whats been up with all the cool kids?

Sorry about the other day... My Impatience gets the best of me sometime. I guess if anything it keeps me driven to do more... to keep going. We are definitely our own worst critics sometimes! Oh well time to forge ahead... thanks for your supports guys!

quote of the day:
"All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that is was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"

Max interval Plyo today... My shoulder blades are crazy.. didn't even know I had bones or muscle there before hahahah now they are really starting to pop... definitely has to have something to do with this workout... I mean DAMN I always feel like I have done 200 pushups in various forms... was kinda insecure about my fatty armpit area in month one but now there is a hige differance in my ribs, chest, armpits, and back... never though I would say this but I am wishing I had started doing pushups sooner LOL...

Jessica: Keep it up!! Don't get discouraged at all. I know what you are feeling... your working so hard that when you step on the scale you expect to see something more! It does suck... someone told me the other day "we didn't get like this overnight... It is going to take time"... it sucks but it is true... hang in there girl and you will see amazing results!!

"Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out"

Munster: 5:45... you are a HARDCORE mama!! I need to start getting back to doing it at 9 am and getting it over with! So SO so NICE when you have the rest of the day not to think about when you are fitting "Mr. T" in...

Rie: Wtg on your fit test! I hate the suicide jumps too!!

Congrats on the running... I use to run CC and track back in the day, was forced to... it sucked so I swore off running for years... even told my hubby the only time I would run is if it was "running for my life" hahaha kinda re-thinkng that now...
Old 10-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #26  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Day 16 DONE! I really like Plyometric Cardio Circuit but OH MY GOOSE those drills/ski abs/in and out abs RUIN ME. I just cannot do them!

Jessica - I know what you mean about the calories being a bit too much, I thought that too, but when I stuck to the programme consistently for a week I lose 2 lbs - a record for me! So don't get disheartened, and don't get discomforted about it all, it happens.
Think of your body like a fire. You are the fire, the wood is fuel (food) and the exercise you do is oxygen. The more exercise you do means you need to add more fuel to the fire so your body will still burn strong.
But seriously, I know it's hard sometimes but keep going! I've not budged much this week at all even though I'm working out hardcore, but you've just got to keep it up!

munster - UGH, I think hating power jumps is a given!! I did feel quite spectacular I must admit when I saw those numbers go up ;p. I honestly don't think they'll go up more!! But you never know!

Melissa - I know I sound crazy, but I actually can't wait to enter Phase 2! Phase 1 is awesome and challenging, but I feel like pushing myself that little bit further you know? Glad that you're beginning to notice the change in your body =).
Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 205/166.5/140

Hey ladies =]
I am so glad I found this website! You girls are so SO inspiring and motivating!!! I recently got married and he is in the Air Force and I moved clear across the country where I know no one but his family. I made some friends here on base but I don't yet have a job. Before we got married, he deployed and was away for 6 months so I decided I was going to lose the weight and surprise him when he got back, so I did. I didn't exercise alot, however, just ran at the gym every other day and changed my eating habits. Lost 40ish pounds by the time he came back! So after the move and the marriage I noticed I wasn't losing anymore weight so I got into doing other work out videos. Lost some inches so I just determined that my body needed more of a kick, so I decided to try Insanity. Everyone was saying "oh you won't be able to do it, my friend is a personal trainer and even she couldn't get thru it..so I said..psshh whatever! I'm doing this! ...Today was my first day..I felt like i was going to have a literal HEART ATTACK during the fit test!! O M G!!! I was sitting on the couch like omg, what am I doing! So I googled and found you guys and I am sooo thankful I did!! I'm ready for tomorrow!!!
Shannie2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #28  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Shannie - Welcome!! That's amazing about you losing all that weight as a surprise, you have to tell us how he reacted!! I'm currently trying to do the same, I'm in a long distance relationship at the moment and the last time he saw me I was 181 lbs, which is technically Obese! So I want to get down to 150 lbs by February 11th and be in the Healthy BMI and see the look on his face when he sees me! It's always a huge motivation!
Your friends personal trainer friend is not a very good one, I mean yeah this is hard but it's not impossible!! If I can do it then a personal trainer should be able to!! The first week you're going to feel like you're going to die, and your body is going to be SCREAMING at you, but I promise you by week 2 you sorta get used to the torture and want more!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-05-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #29  
Completely INSANE

What up Ladies!!

Shannie!!

Congrats on your weight loss! I did the same thing was back in the day when my hubby was is the Air Force. It is an AMAZING feeling when they see you for the first time... it is a huge accomplishment!!!

I have to agree with Rie about your friend! I was 175 when I started insanity and I am on day 59 now... and it has been years since I hit the gym or done ANYTHING close to this level of intensity!! It just goes to show if you want something bad enough anything is possible. It is a crappy feeling though when people think you can't do something because it is hard. I have people in my life that were like that when I started.

I got motivated to do something when my sister in law posted on Facebook that she was doing p90x... I was gonna do that first but our cousin talked me into doing Insanity. After we started she called me and said my sister in law, our aunt, and cousin (who looks like Twiggy back in the day).. and some of their friends were on their way to a concert talking about how crazy me and D were for attempting insanity... basically saying it was too hard for us and they didn't think we could finish... I used that for the entire first month as motivation... I just pictured them in the car laughing at us... It feels AWESOME proving people wrong and completing something many have quit or been unable to complete!!

This forum has been a life saver for me! My hubby is no longer in the AF but me moved from Michigan to Florida away from all our Family and friends... I have met a few people but nothing like home... and it makes it hard not having that support... BUT these girls are GREAT they really help keep me on track and digging deep!!

The fit test is a killer... I remember thinking "WTF did I get myself into" as I was curled up in the fetal position laying in a pool of my own sweat and drool... the first week is by far the hardest... but this program is SO worth the pain!! Make sure you take pics! That has been the main thing that has kept me going... sometimes I get down on myself, ya know you look in the mirror and you just don't see a difference, but pictures don't lie and are nice to have to look back on and say "wow there is a huge difference from day one".

Insanity Challenge FB

Me on FB

Put some links up to my FB pages in case you guys want to chat...

DAY 59 BABY!!!! Woot Woot... I swear I have been hearing queen in my head playing "we are the champions" all week! I have been feeling a huge sense of accomplishment... definitely proud of myself!

I am definitely starting to feel the change now! I have always been a shopper but over the last few years I have leaned more towards shoes and handbags because I HATED trying on clothes, especially since all the cute stuff looked like crap on me! I am really glad for that now... I went through my clothes yesterday and was able to get rid of a ton of them!!! All my jeans that were pretty dang tight are all pretty lose now... too loose cuz they make me look like I have a saggy crotch and butt... can't wait to get some more off and do some REAL shopping!!!

Rie: I know what you mean about phase two! It is AWESOME taking it to the next level. I was honestly scared hahaha... I thought it was going to be COMPLETELY insane... but it wasn't as bad as I convinced myself it would be. Definitely loving it but can't wait to get back to the month one video's hahahaha!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #30  
Completely INSANE

So I thought this was interesting and did some research on it today... thought I would share even though it is a little TMI... so I have been noticing there has been this oil sheen (not like the BP oil spill or anything hahahaha) floating on the surface of the toilet water after I tinkle... I googled it and read a crap load of articles and this is basically what it is (in case anyone else is noticing this)...

"The presence of elevated levels of ketones in human urine is a primary indicator that the body is in ketosis. Ketosis simply means that the body's stored fat cells are being utilized as a primary fuel source to produce energy. The by products of fat metabolism are ketones. Ketones are not stored by the body and are eliminated as detectable waste products in urine. Therefore, monitoring the level of ketones is presumptive of, and directly correlated to the metabolizing, or burning of stored fat cells to produce energy. Likewise the conclusion can be drawn that the higher the concentration of ketones in urine, the higher is the amount of fat cells metabolized by the body.

Ketones in the urine are what produce that oily like substance."

Kind of interesting...